1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Allow Telecasting for Magicians

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by redblueblur, Feb 22, 2020.

1. Nightz

Nightz Supervisor Staff Member Supervisor Game Moderator

Oct 22, 2020
    Male
    7:51 PM
    Nightz
    I/L Arch Mage
    Funk & Pasta
    Moderator Post
    Telecasting is a broken mechanic that luckily has no place in MapleLegends

Here's and example:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBcq22aCFfA

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:51 PM
    Moderator Post
    Telecasing will never ever be introduced in MapleLegends. I absolutely hate the feature, and it can stay at Royals.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    1:51 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Here we see another example of why things that seemingly look good shouldn't always be implemented.

Sure it's more utility or competitiveness or "less braindead" (I don't see a case for this, it's just pressing another button down) but OP is neglecting to look at balance implications. Leech is already considered strong, even broken by a large group of the community - what's the point of buffing it further? Mages in general already excel at mobbing and have the best utility skill in old school Maplestory. I think it's greedy at minimum to suggest telecasting as I don't believe mages need MORE utility than what they already have.

I also don't see how this makes some maps more feasible - sure it increases EPH but the example maps provided are already meta and competitive. What's the point of making already great maps more feasible? If OP meant that telecasting can be used to buff underutilized maps, I can only see this happening for maps that are extremely large and this change still wouldn't make them better than the current meta maps due to mob density. The buff also targets very niche and specific maps that it will not be an effective buff to the most of underutilized maps.

Overall I think this would only imbalance the game and be detrimental to the game.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    10:51 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    The impacts of Telecasting and Shaolin exp-mob density are technically one and the same.
    Attacking 3 different sets of mobs for 1hko vs. 1 set of mobs 3x for 3x exp. In most situations, you won't be able to get to 3 different sets of mobs due to the lag time between casts and the required travel. Shaolin doesn't require much travel time between casts. This is why Shaolin is considered OP.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1