1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

BM or MM?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by kerlim, Jan 18, 2023.

1. kerlim

kerlim Mano

Jan 6, 2023
    2:49 PM
    Kerlim
    Shadower
    I'm thinking of making a Bowman or a marksman, what's better?
    Also a bit of context I'm playing from Asia my ping is a bit high.

Also is there a guide on how to properly wash archers?

I am also currently lv 71 bandit so if anyone can convince me to stay bandit that would be great too!

2. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    4:49 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I think BM and MM are really well balanced. MMs are better at pink bean, but they depend on SI to reach max damage and also they need to snipe each 5 seconds that can be considered good or bad thing according to your game playstyle.
    BMs dont need any buff from other players to reach maximum damage, and that's really good to me because I hate bringing multiple chars like mules to buff myself.
    Bandits only benefit from SE and afaik its really low benefit, so they are kinda independent on buffs too. They are really safe jobs, you will spend just few potions per run (specially higher levels). Im not sure about bossing state of shads but I heard theyre doing great on Pink Bean too, and they can fill an important role as sed target on HT, but can be muled.

3. Zorele

Zorele Slimy

Jan 12, 2018
    Male
    3:49 AM
    Zorele
    Cleric
    Hello! I mostly agree with what fael said but i'll provide some extra opinions. BM in theory has higher damage in dummy but MM seems to do better in most of the higher end content namely core blaze, pb, aufheben. They are both mostly good so pick your preference. In terms of your bandit what I can really say is if you care about being "strong" it's not neccesarily a good pick. If you like it and are having fun, i'd say playing it shouldn't be a problem since people will still bring you along to content. In regards to what fael said about PB they do better than other melees but MM/BM should still be more valuable picks if you care about that. With that being said, the big reason to pick shadower is if you like it. Hp challenges are also coming soon so depending on your goals you wouldnt even have to wash.

4. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    they're well-balanced supports, if u aiming to play the best clast just go to the untouchable NL

5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i was pretty sure i was not mad reading it again xD.
    completing what guys said you can google "maplelegends bm x mm" have some recent thread with accurate infos

6. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    12:49 AM
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    If you are washing, go MM because Snipe will do good damage no matter how much INT you have. BM on the other hand is extra weak with INT because your already low lines get reduced by enemy wep. def by a large %.

Marksman bird with the Freeze is also far more useful than the BM equivalent ime.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Tarnished

Tarnished Pac Pinky

Jun 13, 2022
    Male
    Confessor, Tarnished, Hawthorn
    Hero
    Also a second thought if you did want to consider reasons to keep your bandit:

- Great as a first character because your 4th job running costs are lower than any other attacker
    - Shad's able to level much quicker and easier especially at 4th job. Grinding is slow and expensive for archers, you'll pretty much rely entirely on bosses after 120.
    - Smoke is great utility and really underrated. Not only is it a huge DPM boost for your party, it's an extra safety blanket to revive members who die in places they normally can't be revived.
    - Shad is pretty good at everything, even if they aren't the "best-in-slot" pick. Most other classes have certain pieces of content that they virtually cannot do unless they get hard carried.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Pedrocax21

Pedrocax21 Red Snail

Jan 5, 2023
    Male
    Pedrocaz
    Beginner
    SURRA
  9. beegoratto

beegoratto Zakum

Sep 22, 2021
    Male
    leetoratto
    Bowmaster
    Nimbus
    For what it's worth, high ping has been known to be problematic for BMs and damage reflect. Every .1 seconds of reaction time counts and I know some BMs in Asia prefer to switch to strafe against targets that are about to DR leading to a noticeable drop in DPM.