1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Card Hunting Guide: Get your Tier 10 Ring ASAP

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by Nimbus, Jul 10, 2020.

1. sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    12:52 AM
    sarymage
    Bishop
    I have a couple concerns not brought up others here, my credentials being 287 sets (and counting) on my Bishop and 178 sets on my Outlaw:

Certain aspects of the guide seem a bit subjective, like the hate on the Black Goat. With a drop rate of maybe 1/250 or 1/500, a sample of 5000 is too small to make a fair judgement. I had no problem with Black Goat, but petris took three hours and Harps are itching to get near that. It can't be stated objectively, though, because they both have decent populations and have a standard drop rate...I just got unlucky. One of two chars I carded on had awful luck with Mateons of all things, completely droughted while getting 1500 tentacles...but the other one had no problems.

I'm also concerned with carding guides in general encouraging bossing, as it takes several hours to do and only works if no one else is doing it. You need to understand the influence this guide may have on carding -- if it shows up in Google searches, then anything you named will become much more painful to farm as multiple people pile in on a limited resource because a guide said to. Bossing should be seen as an opportunistic bonus that lets one skip something else. They're not required, and this should be emphasized.

Aside from that, though, good work. :)

But that's not only why I'm here, thought I'd point out a number of surprising winners and losers not otherwise mentioned:
    WINNERS: (that one might not expect to be winners)
    - Fierry (Orbis): Despite its abysmal spawn rate, has a boss-level drop rate. Will probably get by accident while farming pixies and Nependeaths but is worth going for on its own.
    - Taurospear (Ant Tunnel): Has miniboss drop rates but also a sped up miniboss spawn timer, independent of the typical 10s spawn. Go to Sanctuary Entrance IV and channel hop using FM as a proxy. (changing channel normally will eject you back to the quest giver, about a 3 minute walk)
    - Tauromacis (Ant Tunnel): I originally had this under the losers category, but based on Annolis' post below, and my own second effort at it, I've just had extraordinarily bad luck with this one. It did take me about 5x longer for Tauromacis than Taurospear, but one person does not a proper sample make. Same as with Taurospear, go to Sanctuary Entrance II and change channel using FM as proxy, or you'll be ejected out of the sanctuary.

LOSERS: (excluding minibosses like Chief Gray, MT-09, Rombot, etc...)
    - Jr. Boogie (Victoria Island): The Fierry of Victoria Island, whose drop rate has not been adjusted to suit its rarity. Avoid!
    - Wild Kargo (Ant Tunnel): Has the same quirky spawn properties as Taurospear and Tauromacis but also lacks the increased drop rate. Unless you plan on farming tons of eyes to sell to others, avoid. Estimating 3-5 hours of farming on its best map, as it takes about 50-60 seconds to kill twelve. You can safely channel hop in its best map, at least.
    - Yabber Doo (Malaysia): Normal drop rate, low population. Will be a 3-5 hour farm, so only go for these if desperate.
    - Werewolf/Lycanthrope (El Nath): Supposedly werewolves can be spawned from Lycanthropes? (their white palette swap) Seems like a desperate option, and some classes may struggle to kill the werewolves without killing the Lycanthropes. Last resort for sure.
    - Yeti and Pepe (El Nath): The population is so low on its best map that you're liable to kill the boss (Snowman) twice before getting five sets. Last resort.
    - Dark Yeti and Pepe (El Nath): Same population problem as the above but lacks a boss on its best map to make up for it. Last-er resort.
    - Homunscullo (Magaita): Low population, normal card drop rate. Probably a 5 hour effort on average.

EDIT: (removed, didn't notice you linked to thread with spreadsheet already)
    EDIT2: Corrections re: Tauromacis and more info on Wild Kargo.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    12:52 PM
    Xeph
    Bishop
    The problem is, what is difficult for 1 user may not be difficult for another due to mob level, hp, user class and level. A good example is Deep Ludi Gatekeeper. It is easy for a 4th job NL, but an absolute nightmare for a lv 70 Mage. Another example is Malaysia that might not be that friendly for range classes due to knockback, yet this problem probably won't exist much for melee classes. One more example is Chief Gray in Omega. Due to how spread out they are, classes like mages and NL have to easy, yet the rest might find it a little more annoying. IMO, it is important to state your class and level, so users reading this guide can see which part of the game you are in, and thus see how relevant your experience is to them.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. sarysa

sarysa Slime

May 2, 2020
    Female
    12:52 AM
    sarymage
    Bishop
    EDIT: So clearly, you didn't read my post. I've gone and blotted out the class names in my post cause it wasn't relevant to anything, just stating credentials. This reply I wrote earlier is irrelevant now so I'm striking it through. I was confused at the time of writing it.

That's not what I mean. Every class has its worst mob. Pre-4th job Corsair has packed mobs with huge hitboxes, the three mage derivatives have mobs strong to their element, and so on. That's not what I was criticizing, and I didn't cite anything specific to any class in my post.

The most objective measure of a mob being not worth it is a function of their rarity and card drop rate. AFAICT, there are only a few drop rates that most if not all mobs fall into. Bosses tend to, but not always, get the highest drop rate while commons tend to, but not always, get the lowest. The OP mentioned Pinbooms which are objectively easy to card, because their population is massive but they have a miniboss-tier drop rate. Most of the fish end up being average difficulty because their drop rate is between miniboss and common, making up for their difficulty to hunt and low populations.

My goal was just to help rough the edges of the OP's guide, as it's very likely to show up in Google searches.

4. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    9:52 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I have 12 Tier 5 Rings, one for each class. I achieved these through completing Red, Orange, the majority of Yellow, and a little Green, Gold, and anti-bot Cyan / Dark Blue cards) All card collections began at level 70. So, my comments here are restricted to these sections only:

S - Tier
    - Ludibrium- Eos Tower: Helly mobs are going to require more time than the rest of the flying mobs, unless you get lucky. Chirpy mobs will gift you there cards as fast as the Trixters. As for Rombot - I have had luck with 2 of the 12 chars to complete the set of Rombot cards. What you need is luck! Not LUK, but honest to God luck. It's not easy. As for King Block Golem, my experiences are mixed. I'd say 7 out of 12 times I got the King Block Golem card set before the Block Golem set. The other five, however, I must have gotten 10 to 15 Block Golem cards before the final King Block Golem card dropped. On my Marauder, I got all five Rombot cards first, then the King Block Golem cards, and then two extra King Block Golem cards before getting my fifth Block Golem card. So, luck is a harsh and fickle mistress.
    - Orbis Tower: I recommend NOT hunting Scuba Pepe until you've cleared the left side of Aqua Road. Having tried going left to right (Poopas to Sparkers) and right to left (Sparkers to Poopas), I found it is far more efficient to start with Sparkers, then Freezers (not to be confused with the CBD Freezers), making sure to get at least one or two Poison Poopa cards. Then the Jr. Seal & Poison Poopa map might be efficient farming for both. Hopefully, you'll have all the Poison Poopa cards and 3 to 4 Jr. Seal cards before going into the Poopa map. Once you have the Jr. Seal cards and Poopa cards, then finish off the Scuba Pepes in the tower. This method cuts down on getting extra card drops.
    - Ariant/Magatia: I would place Ariant here. All the mobs drop cards fairly evenly and consistently if it was a mob in the Orange/Yellow tab. I've had bad luck a couple times with the Rabbits - one mob giving me cards while the other seems bone dry. But this is strictly a luck issue. I would say 8 out of 12 times I did these mobs they both dropped fairly evenly. I did make it a point to hunt the female rabbits on the left map and the male rabbits on the right map. I also employed this tactic: If you are on the male rabbit map and have three more male cards than female cards, move to the other map to see if it evens out.

A+ -Tier, or the "Victoria Island" Tier
    It's important to be smart about where to begin hunting. I made one mistake repeatedly because I did not focus on what I was doing. This is the order I think anyone should take in procuring Victoria Island cards. Once you have the primary set from that map, move on even if you only need one more card of the other mobs.
    1. Snail: Thicket Around the Beach (maybe pick up a couple Mano cards in you're lucky)
    2. Blue Snail: Right Around Lith Harbor (you'll get some Red Snail, Stump, Slime, and Spore cards, too)
    3. Shroom: Mushroom Garden (you may also get a couple Red Snail and Orange Mushroom cards)
    4. Jr. Necki: Swamp of Jr. Neck (I guarantee you'll get at least one more Slime card if you need it while you're hunting here)
    5. Green Mushrooms: If you still need Slime cards, go to The Forest of Wisdom. Once you have the final Slime card, transition to West Rocky Mountain III (as you complete your set of Green Mushroom cards, you might also pick up a few varietals of Stump cards and you should finish the Red Snail cards while you're here).
    6. Wild Boar: The Land of Wild Boar II (You'll get a couple varietals of Stump cards while hunting the Wild Boars).
    7. Octopus: Caution Falling Down or Northern Top of Construction Site (I recommend Caution Falling Down because it is easier to get to, and you'll get some Blue Mushroom cards while hunting).
    8. Fairy 1: The Entrance of Golem's Temple (This requires you to change channels, and it also a good place to pick up the rest of your Blue Mushroom cards while getting a Golem Cards and/or Lupin Card)
    9. Red Drakes, Copper Drakes, and Fire Boars: Dangerous Valley II (Red Drakes only spawn on this map, and also has the Cooper Drakes and Fire Boars. If you happen to get your set of Red Drake cards before the others, you can always go to Dangerous Valley I to focus on the Copper Drakes and Fire Boars exclusively, but that, I found, rarely happens. I have, a couple times, got all 3 sets without any extra cards in about an hour - experiences may vary).
    10. Stumpy - That's an easy boss card to get. Go here when you feel like taking a break and leave the volume on loud. When you hear him spawn, come back and clear the channels. You will probably have to do this two times to get all five cards.
    11. Lupin: There's a couple places you'll want to go. First, make sure you've got the set of Lorang cards on Florina Beach (getting however many Lupin cards you get), then get the Zombie Lupin Cards (again, collecting however many Lupin cards the game gives you), and if you still need Lupin cards, go to Downstairs at the Forest to clear out your Lupin cards and get a couple Horned Mushroom cards while you're there.
    All other mobs have maps that are fairly straightforward.
    * As for Tauromacis (because I have hunted them for quests and I get their cards rather quickly), hunt the Taurospears first at Sanctuary Entrance IV and once you have your set of Taurospears, you should have two to four Tauromacis cards. Head back to Sanctuary Entrance II and clear the four mobs there, then go to Sanctuary Entrance I and clear the four mobs there. You cannot change channels here without being bumped back to Another Entrance, so going back and forth between these two maps is the best way I've found. It sucks, but it's the best.

C-Tier
    - Zipangu:
    I agree, Zipangu is a pain in the ass. The drop rates for Crows is miserable, too. As for the Cloud Fox, yes the drop rate is bad, BUT...it corresponds to the 700 Foxtails you need to complete the string of three quests that NPC Hanako gives in Showa Street Market. So, if you are a quester, this corresponds. There were a couple times I walked away with 1200 Foxtails, and what's worse is that I had completed this quest on all my chars BEFORE Monster Book came out. =o(

D-Tier
    - Ninja Castle:
    As for Ashigaru...a bane to be sure! I will say that out of the 12 times I got this set, there was ONE time I got them in less than an hour. There was another time I got the set in 30 minutes, but ironically it took 3 hours LATER to get the last Genin card. Can you believe that s***?

*EDIT*
    CLASS DIFFERENCES:
    Mages have it much easier than Warriors. Archers have it easier than Thieves. Pirates suck as a class in general. Brawlers have it as easy as Warriors and Gunslingers have it as easy as Archers. In order, I'd put them this way from easiest to most difficult:
    Ice/Lightning
    Ranger
    Sniper
    Priest (once you have Shining Ray maxed, they become easier than Archers)
    Fire/Poison (once you have Explosion maxed, they become easier than Archers)*
    Outlaw
    Warriors/Chief Bandit/Marauder
    Hermit (Because their mob skill sucks)

*Before anyone tells me I built my F/P wrong, I was hunting smaller mobs and Explosion is far more efficient than Poison Mist under these circumstances.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Sixt

Sixt Mano

Apr 1, 2020
    5:52 AM
    I usually go in fm, cc there and go back to the map. This way you dont get teleported to the entrance of the dungeon.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    11:52 PM
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Yep. Definitely. I just changed the order of that zone so people do it sooner than Excavation Site and Sleepywood Dungeon, since it is actually much easier than those two.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Thank you to all the people posting their own tier listings! They are very important info for me, mostly because they come from people who've used other classes and jobs to complete the sets. Just letting you know I am taking them into account and will be (eventually) changing some placements if needed.
    For example, Ariant has been placed twice on S-tier by people who have card hunted with several characters. I will be looking into that.

8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Shanghai is quirky on this point. The first time I did this area, I made a mistake on strategy. Most people will start with Roosters/Ducks/Sheep and move outward. I found Black Goats to be the last set and it seemed a bit imbalanced because of it. So, I tried something different on my next few runs. Here's how I approached Shanghai that didn't suck:
    1. Roosters & Ducks - (Out of the Bridge) go ahead and get whatever Sheep cards you get, but once you have 5 Ducks, move on. If you need Rooster cards after this, Thailand is a decent option, or you can come back to Out of the Bridge when you're done with everything else.
    2. Ox & Cows - (Western Prairie II and Western Prairie III) go left at the map (Split Road at West). You'll pick up a few Goat and Black Goat cards while you're there.
    3. Goat & Black Goat - (Mountainous Region II) go to the right at the map (Split Road at West). You'll get some Sheep cards while you're there.
    4. Sheep (If necessary) - head back to Out of the Bridge to finish off Sheep and Roosters.

I'm not sure why you wouldn't want to do Jr. Necki alone? Unless you are an unfunded warrior that even a level 75 sometimes misses, The Swamp of Jr. Necki is the perfect place to hunt them, and you don't really need a partner. As for Wraiths, and Jr. Wraiths, if you are good with Jump Quests, don't forget the maps at the end of the Kerning City Jump Quests - they are superior card farming maps for these mobs than anywhere else! I just wish the Ellinia and Sleepywood Jump Quests had similar bonuses at the end of theirs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    6:52 AM
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    My dude I killed it 40times and got only 1card,literally gave up on this one

8499585C-F0D1-4F52-A221-F969CC053900.jpeg

10. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    I hard agree on you with what you think about Shanghai. Glad you went into great details that would be of great help to others. I have the same feeling too after I completed Shanghai for 2 characters, but was lazy to type it all out :(.

I wouldn't want to do Jr. Necki alone because when I did so on my first character, I realized I had a lot of Jr. Necki cards dropping casually when I hunted Wraith and Zombie Lupins when I hunted them afterwards, resulting in 'excess cards'. It's the same concept as not getting sheep before duck (getting jr.necki before wraith, if u see the similarities here). Regardless, Jr. Necki does not take long to drop, so hunting solo won't take you much more extra time either. But since it's so easy to drop, then definitely 1-2 will drop casually when you hunt other victoria mobs (IMO).

11. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    Shadower
    To add on to the Jr. Necki tips, there's a map with absolutely insane Jr.Necki and Octopus spawn in Sleepywood that outclasses any other maps - https://maplelegends.com/lib/map?id=107000501

The map itself has an awkward format, but the spawn and density more than makes up for it and far outpaces the alternative locations for Octopi and Jr.Necki

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xeph

Xeph Horny Mushroom

Jun 15, 2017
    Male
    Xeph
    Bishop
    In response to Annolis post, I'll recommend coming here after you have hunted other maps with Jr.Necki (with other mobs as your primary focus). This way, you maximize the cards you get. However, if you want to dive to here first for an easy 1 set, it's fine too.

Do note that slime spawns here too, so you might want to do slime AFTER jr. necki.

13. Appleaters

Appleaters Slime

Aug 9, 2017
    Shadower
    Slimes are a non-issue on that map in particular, imo, since the spawn there is so small for them - 3 slimes is hardly enough to drop any cards at all, especially with 22 Jr.Neckis and 19 octopi spawning in high density.

It's better to wait to do slime anyways, but I was able to get all my octopi cards and jr.necki cards before getting a single slime card at that map.

14. theKatia

theKatia Capt. Latanica

Apr 29, 2017
    Female
    6:52 AM
    Asteracea
    Bowmaster
    Funk
    Wow, this is amazing! I'll use this for those I haven't done yet. I personally *started* with Ellin Forest as I was around level 6x or 7x when both it and MB were introduced. You should add it to the top of the S tier because really, it's what gave me the motivation and optimism that I actually have a shot at this ring. It wasn't the very first place where I got card but it's the first place I got sets easily enough to pursue a ring.

So far I have personally done (in rough order of best to worst)
    -Ellin
    -Orbis Tower
    -CBD's immediate area
    -Ariant and Magatia region
    -All of Victoria (minus about 6 mobs/bosses, including the infamous Wild Kargo, curse it)

My list might be a bit skewed by the fact that the areas with less mobs are also easier to clear, but I think that's also part of what makes those areas better to start with. It's motivating to have cleared a region completely and never have to look back on it.
    I should probably rank Victoria by specific regions, but the truth is that I just don't remember most of it. It just went pretty well.

It's worth noting that I have tried a bunch of other areas, but gave up probably mostly because they weren't as easy, or above my level. I'm personally putting all of Aqua at the end of the queue for my Ranger :/

Also, can someone clue me in on the Black Sheep deal? I hate finding out that I missed an opportunity, rip.

15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    That makes more sense, thank you for that clarification. I can see where you'd want Jr. Necki cards on the side as you are collecting other sets. Given that I use the third Kerning Jump Quest for my Wraith cards, I never had the issue of dealing with Jr. Necki and Wraith cards at the same time - so it's a good idea for anyone who is not good with that Jump Quest to postpone getting Jr. Necki cards until they hunt Wraiths. On the other hand, I don't know which map you're hunting Zombie Lupins on that also spawns Jr. Necki. I use Monkey Forest II to get my Zombie Lupin cards and a good batch of Lupin Cards.

It definitely should have an honorary mention. I think it really depends on the need of the collector at the time. Falling Down is a lot more compact for the Octopodes (actual correct plural form) and easier to get to, but the drawback is it's such a small map that the spawn rate might actually slow some characters down. You also get Blue Mushrooms there, but I can see a player thinking they'll get plenty of Blue Mushroom cards when they're doing Stone Golem, Dark Stone Golem, and Mixed Stone Golem that they'll hunt Octopuses (perfectly acceptable English plural suffix) elsewhere.

(Octopi has a Latin suffix, but Octopus is Greek, not Latin - so this usage not only assumes the wrong language, it uses a dead language rather than the one we're using. We have the "scholars" of the 1800s to blame for making us think Octopi was correct).

16. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Bruh...
    Tbh no anti-bot monster has this abysmal card drop rate. Literally not any other one, according to me and the friends I've played and card hunted with. Sounds more like bad luck on your part.

But again, this guide is open to edits. So If I see more people comment on this I'll tell people to avoid this hunt.

17. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Thanks for the post on the winners and losers. I tried to make the tier list ordered in zones, as ordering it in monster order would be virtually impossible. Having said that, it is important that people know which mobs they can hunt quickly, since completing a set fast is always an ego boost and something that drives zones to a higher tier, as I said.

Concerning your criticisms about the guide:

1. About the subjectivity aspect....you are reading a tier list, dude. Literally no tier list you have ever read about a videogame is 100% objective. I've made it clear in the preface that, while I tried to make this guide as objective as possible, this is a recollection of my experiences, mostly (and slowly it is becoming an experience of every person commenting on this thread, which is something I WANTED, so thank you again =D), with a bit of help from some IRL friends who also corroborate or dispute some opinions and experiences I've had in other zones. What I CAN do is try and polish the way this guide is worded. "I HATE THE BLACK GOAT" is a sentiment of mine, that is at the same time trying to warn people that said monster will take longer to hunt than others. However, I could have written that with less subjectivity on my part while keeping the same "beware the Black Goat" message behind it. Which is, by the way, something I already changed before I read this message.

2. Another point about why subjectivity is inevitable, and why I find it naive when someone points the "sample size" issue out: As an Economist Bachelor IRL, and as someone who has mostly worked with databases during his internships, I get what you mean with the amount of monsters I killed being too small of a sample to make a global conclusion. But that is exactly why I made a tier list, not a probability function for every monster I've killed. Also, unless I can get the code for this game (and assuming I can even understand it), I'd be impossible to estimate it correctly. Hell, even if I had it, most mobs have 15+ things they can drop, each with their own probability. I'd take hundreds of thousands, if not 1M+ mobs PER MONSTER TYPE to get what you are asking for. This is also why I rank per zone, since how long it took me to complete the place (or to complete the amount of zone I did finish), divided by the amount of mobs in the zone is a good way to rank them. The tier list can only get better and more "accurate" with the help of everyone, but I don't think it will ever reach objectivity unless the raw code of the game is disclosed (and even still...).

3. I literally have not encouraged boss hunting in this guide. Bosses have their own mention AFTER the tier list is done, in which I only tell people to "feel free to try if you are around that zone". I never say something like "don't forget to complete your boss sets before leaving the zone!". But even if I did, your mention of a guide like this "affecting" how much a boss is killed is missing the big picture. People, for the most part, already have an incentive to kill the small bosses even before cards existed: scrolls, equips, chairs, etc. If a boss is popular for its drops (like King Sage Cat), then killing it will be a living hell already, regardless if they want it for their cards or their drops. And out of all the possible reasons you can hunt a boss, their cards are the only one that drops fairly often and you can be DONE with, so its impact is limited (chairs too, but those are rare).

I only mentioned bosses on the tier list 3 times:

- Giant Centipede, which literally drops nothing of great value and spawns in 3 different locations if you count the quest exclusive area. The amount of times you'll see this mob alive will virtually not change, even if my guide is one of the first search results on Google.

- Eliza, which you NEED to find if you want the Jr. Lucida cards and complete Orbis. In other words, I only mentioned this one because the boss it tied to a mob. Also, it drops a chair that seemingly a lot of people want (the Lioner chair), and she is tied quest that gives decent exp for killing her. This might be the boss that might get affected the most, since is also on a S-Tier zone, but even still I doubt it'll get afected very much (people were camping this boss when I wanted to do the quest AND when I wanted to complete the Jr. Lucida set, so its not like it was forgotten).

- Victoria Island bosses, which, as far as I'm concerned, have never had a lack of people hunting them. Every boss in Victoria Island has a quest related to it that involves killing it for good exp or other reward, are the lowest lv bosses in the game (which means that they are available for the majority of players to hunt already), and some of them already drop items that people want for selling. They are also the bosses with the shortest timers, which means card hunters should be done with them fairly quickly if they try to hunt them (like one of my friends did) and leave a LOT of spawns for other people during the same day.

Also, some counterpoints to your LOSERS mentions (I have nothing to say about winners, they are actually pretty spot on):

- Jr. Boogie: Don't outright avoid this card. Try your luck on it. The fact that this monster has such a bad spawn rate in every map it is in really messes up with the perception of its drops rates. But... there is something weird about it. I can confirm from at least 4 different people (including myself) that this monster gets really generous with its cards, and sometimes it just... doesnt' want to drop anything for a while. Like, I got my 2 first sets of this card on the first 15 minutes hunting for it... and then had to wait like 20 minutes for every other card until I completed the set. One friend got 3 pretty quick, then got stuck. One of them did not get any for like 30 minutes and then cards just appeared every 5. I specifically avoided talking about this monster because it's just so... weird. But as a whole, I think it is one of those annoying hunts you HAVE to do in order to avoid some REALLY HORRIBLE ones later.

- Wild Kargo: I finished this set on 2 different accounts while doing the Elling Ring Quest + some extra 30-35 minutes. Other friends did not, but took no longer than an hour- hour and a half to finish this set. I don't think 3-5 hours of farming is an accurate average, UNLESS you hunt on the same map w/o channel surfing (and even still, I don't know). Make sure you try to complete Cold Eye as well so you don't drive yourself crazy AND try to do it in a time when you can channel surf to kill more Kargos per hour. I see you are not the only one cursing this monster... but I genuinely did not have a bad time with 2 different characters and during a time where I was around the lv of the Kargos.

-Yabber Doo: I finished this in 40min. 4 of my friends also completed this set while doing the Scar/Targa prequest (also 30-40 min). This hunt will most likely NOT take you 3-5 hours on average. In fact, I'd say Booper Scarlion has a worse card drop rate than the Yabber Doos, and he hasn't been mentioned while both are in the same map.

-Homunscullo was mentioned on my guide, by the way! I also told people to avoid it. All I wanted to say on it.

18. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Glad to know people will use this guide to help them finish some Monster Book Ring Tiers! =D

About the black sheep: There is a boss quest to kill the Giant Centipede, which you start by talking to the police officer in the main town (where spinel teleports you). This questline will eventually lead you to have a permit (like a red scroll) on your inventory, which will let you go to a special map where the Black Sheep are.

You can ONLY get inside this map IF you still have the permit on your inventory.

Just to be sure, DON'T finish the questline before completing the Black Sheep set. That set is easy and shouldn't take you that much time to complete. After that, feel free to just drop the permit.

Check your completed quests to see if you can still do it!

19. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Ok, so it seems I got a lot of responses already.

If you read up on the guide again, I already made some edits. Right now I am kind of busy with other stuff IRL, so I won't be able to make changes with every new comment posted here, but please rest assured that I'll do them eventually.

Thank you so much to every one that posted their opinions and their own tier lists in the comments. I know a lot of people who'll come to the guide won't read the entirety of the comment section, so I'll see what I can do to add your info to the original guide without making it even bigger than it already is.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Hood/Agape
    While channel hopping at Orbis is one way to collect these cards, there are others. The more plentiful is in Henesys at the Mixed Golem map. There's also the Mushmom map for Iron Hogs that have Fierrys, too. The drop rate is at a gift rate, like Trixters and Snails.

• Agree Agree x 1