1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Card Hunting Guide: Get your Tier 10 Ring ASAP

Discussion in 'Items & Mesos' started by Nimbus, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    9:23 AM
    Trion
    Beginner
    That was very helpful, thanks alot for sharing your experience. I usually always tried to do as much of the first 3 tabs as I could as well it just makes life alot easier.

2. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    9:23 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    I agree with orbis tower being overall a top 3 easiest area in the game, those cards drop super easily with dark leatty being the only average and hence "hardest" one.

What annolis says is pretty accurate though I think if you have a 4th job skill that hits the whole map, batoo isn't bad either cause you can lure 'em over pretty easily. Ashigaru on the other hand is absolutely ridiculous.

Many late game places are actually really easy. Neo tokyo cards fall like rain.

3. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    8:23 AM
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    I didn't really feel comfortable responding to this question, since the author saying "yeah this guide is great and it works" would 100% sound extremely biased. As you say, everyone in this thread, including me, are stating opinions, not scientific evidence about the drop rate and such.

Having said that, I wanted to respond to this because I am happy to confirm that this guide has worked for a lot of people. I've been meeting players who used my guide to get their Tier 10 ring (some of them for the first time) while bossing with my Corsair, and they told me that they've been able to get to Tier 8-9 in around a month (which is around the same time it took me to get from tier 0 to 10). There was another guy who told me he stopped at tier 5, but it took him like a week and a half of grind to do it by doing the maps on my S, A+ and A tiers. I wish I could remember the IGNs for them to confirm this (all these talks happened randomly and around the span of 5 months already).

I haven't been playing as much as before because of work and other personal stuff, but I do plan to update this guide with the input of anyone who comments on this guide. Recently I updated the wording on Deep Ludi because the introduction of the portals makes this big zone way more bearable to grind for cards than before. It is still on D-Tier (the card drop rate of certain mobs are still hell and the maps are gigantic and some of them don't have a good density of mobs), but it is the first zone of that Tier list that I recommend doing now.

So again, to you and everyone who has kept the conversation going and gave me more info to polish the guide over time, thank you! Almost every comment on this thread has been very useful for me and whoever wants to get their Tier 10 ring ASAP.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
  4. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    For the past few months, I've made a couple of changes to the guide. Some of them I announced in the thread and the other ones I just did them silently. For the people who have read this guide a while ago and are interested in the changes (which now are hidden behind a SPOILER tab to save some screen space), here they are:

-Mainly grammar and spelling checks.
    -Added guide to buying PQ boss cards via Tienk.
    -Added Neo Tokyo ranking, since at the time of doing this guide I forgot about it. Despite how frequent the card drop is, it sits in the B-tier, given the amount of prequests you have to do in order to visit new maps and its lv requierements.
    -Ariant and Magatia have been changed in the Tier list from B-Tier to A-Tier.
    -Scholar Ghost's rare card drop rate has been acknowledged in the KFT zone.
    -Korean Folk Town has been moved to the S-Tier! Honestly, A-Tier was also a good spot for it, considering you need to do some extra work to complete the King Goblin sets, and Scholar Ghost is just annoying to hunt. But the rest of the cards are SO easy to hunt that people who just want to get a couple of tiers to their ring shouldn't really skip this one.
    -Added some extra information about the portals added in Ludibrium. Thanks to them, Deep Ludibrium's wording and its placement within the D-Tier list has been modified, thanks to the introduction of the portals for every single one of its gigantic maps.
    - The whole Tier List (and the "edits" section) has been hidden behind spoilers to save screen space.
    - Level ranges for every zone in the Tier List have been added, so people can also check if their character is good to go to farm a certain zone. Shoutouts to Trion for the idea!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. deer

deer Pac Pinky

Oct 27, 2020
    Female
    Oddville
    1:23 PM
    cervid
    Bishop
    Oddjobs
    Is card-hunting much different with a character who has no multi-target attacks (and possibly no reach either, i.e. melee-only)? I ask because I'm new to the whole card-hunting thing, and I'm trying to do it on my STR priest. It seems like it might be slower, but I've had people tell me that droprates for special game-wide drops (like monster cards, gachapon tickets, NX cards during events, other ETC/CASH event drops) are adjusted based on the exact method that you use to kill a monster. I can kinda use Shining Ray, but assuming that the monster has extremely low (close to 0) MDEF, and is neutral towards holy-typed damage, I tend to hit somewhere in the 200~600 damage range per-line, assuming I wear all of my magelet's TMA equipment and have a strong MATK potion active. Also, any monster with a significant AVOID will just dodge my magic attacks, regardless of my gear. So using SR is only faster to kill monsters in special cases, i.e. very low-level monsters (and I've already completed the first tab).

The situation for permabeginners is similar, although I know Gumby has nearly got (or maybe he already got) the T9 ring, so it's definitely possible if you're sufficiently determined (and Gumby has no shortage of determination). I'm not much help, since I tend to have lower patience for mindless chance-based grinding, but I'm still curious if anyone has experience with this kind of hunting!

6. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Oh no please respond all you want! Your guide has been so great for me and so many others! I am basically just a full time card hunter these days and its something I quite enjoy doing so I am always trying to constantly min/max everything each Tier 10 I complete since I don't bother with meta areas that much anymore. You have been a tremendous help to the community with your wonderfully written guide. Thanks alot for the words of encouragement.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    For well over a year the prevailing theory/wisdom has been that single attacks are the best (just physical attacks that dont use mana). Then followed right behind that would be single target spells are the next best from 2nd job. From my almost 2 years of experience it seems to me like a few things affect the Drop rate.

1) Each job adv gets progressively worse drop rates for single skills and AOE skills (So magic claw is better to kill with than Ice Strike supposedly as example)
    So basically 1st job skills > 2nd job skills > 3rd job skills etc. for drop rates

2) Single Skills/Attacks will always be better than AOE skills in terms of card hunting and scroll hunting in general.

3) All the Mage Ultimate spells are absolute TRASH (Genesis, Meteor, Blizzard) when hunting for anything period. IN addition to being AOE spells (again bad for hunting) they are also under a special category of spells that got nerfed further over the years for their drop rates alone which is something not all servers do but this one has nerfed them so keep that in mind. You will still get card drops from them (I used to spam genesis all the time on tightly packed maps) because it would still be faster from sheer volume of enemies killed.

All of these are just from personal experience and conversations with fellow players/staff over the years that have led me to these conclusions. But in general alot of times it is a judgment call on your part for how you want to tackle a map.

I always felt every map you hunt cards on fall into one of 3 Categories

1). Super tightly packed map that can be dominated by Mage Ultimates (Use Genesis, Meteor , Blizz)

2) A more wide open map where the spawns are still somewhat packed (A lightning mage just using Thunder Bolt is perfect for this, or if monster is undead bring a simple cleric with Heal)

3) Final map type is singular monsters spread on a a BIG frigging map that makes it hard to kill a bunch of monsters. The best class that shines here is a Nightlord where he can zip around and excel at single target damage. If the enemy is weak enough for NL to kill with just basic attacks that is even better. Bonus points for using Taunt (Bandits can do okay here too as well) Any ranged class will do fine here really it is just that NLs have more mobility.

An example of Map Type 3 would be some of the Temple of Time maps that require more damage to kill them fast but you cant quite all of them at once with your mages.

• Informative Informative x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Level ranges for every zone in the Tier List have been added, so people can also check if their character is good to go to farm a certain zone. Shoutouts to Trion for the idea!

9. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Thank you for this! I only tried doing the level ranges for the first few tiers at first and it is a lot of time and effort to do comb through the enemies! Thanks for your hard work. In case anyone is wondering the value of this, it is good to know the level ranges if you want to card hunt and try your best to leech new characters at the same time.

10. OP
    OP
    Nimbus

Nimbus Horny Mushroom

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    Perú
    GrayNimbus
    Corsair
    Nimbus
    Quick Notice:

I am right now very busy with IRL stuff, so I am not as active as before.

I know that, for the past few months, a bunch of portals have been added to a lot of maps with verticality (only lower ludi is mentioned in my guide), so at this point a lot of the game's map design issues have been adressed. While it doesn't directly affect card drop rates, I hope these improvements make your card hunting journey easier.

On the other hand, I know that as of this current patch (Summer 2021), NLC mobs have been added to the Monster Book. As soon as I can, I will add this new card hunting zone to my Tier List. If anyone from the community has already hunted there and has suggestions on how good/bad the zone is, you're more than welcome to leave it in the comment thread!

11. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:23 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    The NLC zone is very chill. Seems on par to or even better than Ariant, this was just from the 2 maps to the right, though (boomer, yellow slime and the elephant thing)

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Can confirm NLC cards are fairly easy to get. The elephants can be a bit harder because of the awkward map layouts, especially for some jobs, and the same thing goes for the flying mobs (birds and bees).

We also got Pink Bean and Snackbar. The former is lol and the latter seems to be pretty camped.

13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    6:23 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Can confirm - NLC cards are decent. They're not easy or difficult - they're just average. Getting the Boomer cards is fairly quick and simple, and the Urban Mushrooms drop at about the same rate, so the map with both of them in heavy concentration is best. The time it takes is about on par with other mobs. I think Ariant is faster. The Maple Eaters are way too easy, so there should never be a focus on them given so many maps have them. The Bees can be a bit annoying because some of the maps hide the drops in the background - just something to be mindful about. The Gryphons are also average and not too stressful. The Yellow Slimes should be a focal point on the map with the Electrophants, and then once you have the 5 Yellow Slime cards, move up the map to focus on the IAMROBOTs.

I did not do Wolf Spiders.

14. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:08 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Gryphon, wolf spiders and I.AM.ROBOT can be skipped. Fire tusk and bees too.

15. Trion

Trion Capt. Latanica

Jul 23, 2019
    Trion
    Beginner
    Aw snap is it time for NLC tier? kekw

16. charmesul

charmesul Snail

Jan 19, 2022
    10:23 PM
    Priest
    Beyond
    So my question is that, if both 1st single target skill and 3rd AoE skill make 1 hit kill for whatever I'd like to collect for cards, which skill will be faster, in general? (Of course things might be different based on maps or sth but I just wanna know which is more efficient in terms of average)

17. Snork

Snork Capt. Latanica

Feb 19, 2018
    Snorf
    Paladin
    Lore
    Different people will have different answers because they all have differing experiences. I never really felt there was a big difference, if the rate is higher for single target you still kill more by using aoe... Try both for a while and see what you prefer.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    7:08 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    Most maps are big and/or long vertically or horizontally. I recommend using skills to clear map ASAP. The only place I’d recommend using single target are at low spawn count locations/mobs which you can one hit. Like Ashigarus or reindeers.. not that you should be hunting them for T10.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    If there are more mobs, AoE is better. If there's only 1-2 mobs in the area, single-target is better. That has always been my understanding from Kimmy.

20. Azuzu

Azuzu Mano

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    This guide is so useful!
    Thank you to OP for putting this together and thanks to everyone who helped out by sharing their card farming experiences!
    It took me roughly 1 month to finish T10 from start to finish. It was an awesome grind, but I can't say I'd look forward to doing it again on another character lol.

Good luck to everyone starting on their card journey. :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1