1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Celestalia's Challenge - A Maple Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by HouseAuburn, Oct 10, 2020.

1. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

HouseAuburn Capt. Latanica

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    7:50 PM
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXVI. Where We Talk About Tanning

A marvelous evening to you! Today we are back at Croco to throw another 55 Mana Elixirs at them.

Before we start, cast your votes as to which Lumati we will get. You probably have enough time, I don't think today will be the day one drops. Just got a hunch. Sometimes, going in with less expectations is better.

Let's get started!
    [​IMG]

We commenced just after 00:30, and after half an hour didn't get anything of interest. Actually, make that four halves of an hour. Yeah, Celestalia leads an exciting grind, doesn't she? At least we picked up another 18 Elixirs.

So instead, let's talk some more about Maple's economy! As you might know, a fair bit of equipment around the Maple World uses some type of Leather. While regular old Leather, that you might get from Pigs and such, is the most popular type by far, many of the higher-level armors for Thieves, produced in Kerning City, utilizes Ligator and Croco Skins. As a result, these items are decently valuable. Of course, the process by which reptile skins are transformed into workable pieces of fabric is a fairly lengthy one.

The first step is to cure the skin with some salt. This removes any excess moisture from the skin and prevents it from decaying. Fresh skins are best but, you know, not that anything decomposes while in the inventory. So I guess it's fine.

After that the skin is re-soaked in water which makes it a lot easier to work with (and it cleans the rest of the salt off).

Then the skin is treated with a number of various chemicals to remove any other organic material. I've heard of quite a few materials that have been used to do this, but the most prolific one is likely a liquid known as limewater. This is produced by heating up limestone to high temperatures in a special furnace, which allows it to break down into other materials. The resulting powder is mixed with water to create the above solution.

The best limestone in the Maple World is I believe from the Nihal Desert, although Stone Golems are made out of a similar rock. For that reason, good liming materials are never in very short supply.

After this another material is used to basically undo the chemical consequences of the lime treatment. Again, there are a number of compounds that can be used here, as long as they're on the acidic side of things. One of the materials that is increasing in popularity on this front is Pink Essence, a moderate acid which is in extremely abundant supply thanks to the Ghost Ship being probably the most popular hunting spot in the game.

Then, more salt is added along with a very strong acid to allow the actual tanning material easy access into the skin.

At this point the skin is ready to be tanned, and different things may be done to it depending on what it's meant to be used for. We'll stick with the most common use, which is for adventurer armor. The favorite compound of expansive tanning manufactories, like you might find south of Kerning City, is mithril sulfate. While you can find Mithril Ore just about everywhere, mithril sulfate requires either the combination of a number of substances, or you can get moderate amounts from the mithril plates found on the Mithril Mutae of Magatia. However, the rather expensive cost of transporting this material across multiple continents, and the lack of adventurers using Magatia as a whole, means this hasn't yet come into style. Luckily for manufactory owners, much cheaper sources of sulfates are easy to come by. Both Fire Boars and Red Drakes are known to possess decent amounts of sulfur in their tusks and bones, which means these drops can be ground up into sulfate powders (that can then be reduced). Once done, mithril can be catalyzed to fuse with the sulfate material.

Once the skins are placed in a mithril sulfate bath, they are treated with more base compounds to reset the acidity and solidify the hardness of the leather, while keeping it stretchy enough to be comfortable.

After this the skin leather is pulled out and can be finished with different dyes, stat crystals, gems, plates, or other augments depending on what the end product is meant to be.

There is another, more ancient method of tanning, which uses a resin compound found in some trees. While this is rare in Victoria Island nowadays, some smaller workshops still preserve this operation. The preferred drop is the Seedling, from Ghost Stump, which is still living and thus has a high chance to contain the needed chemical. While using resin is a lot slower than using mithril sulfate, the resulting leather is extremely durable and today is used in high-end storage devices and furniture.

I can't call myself an expert on this industry so I probably messed up several details. But that's the gist of things. MapleF3

Anyway, after about ~820 or so Crocos and having absolutely nothing drop, a very-annoyed Celestalia went back to Ludibrium to once again prepare for a Saturday afternoon grind at Shanghai.

I would actually hold off on the vote I mentioned at the beginning of the entry. Something tells me Celestalia isn't going back to the swamp for a while...

[​IMG]
    Poor Penguin! Well, the owner didn't stay in the void for too long. Celestalia REALLY needs to learn to use potions more frequently. Otherwise she may be joining her before very much longer...

No seriously! I know it's a bit of a snoozefest when you don't get any equips for over two hours but that's no excuse for multiple times being one hit away from oblivion. This isn't a new thing for her either!

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXVII. The Mobs Are Greener

So I realize a few things. This Level 60 is going insanely fast, at least by recent standards. From the beginning of last Saturday, we're already up to 67.5%. Pretty wack, and as it turns out every grind at Shanghai adds a good amount to the points! As it also does with White Potions...we are at five and a half stacks at this moment.

Oh, we also picked up another one of these:
    [​IMG]

Slightly worse stats all around. But this one was dropped by Sheep! Who would have imagined - two out of the three mobs we're farming drop a Level 60 equip :cool:

Okay so! As you might have guessed, we're going to focus on here:
    [​IMG]

With how quickly we're gaining experience, I really don't want to be left with bad equipment when it comes time for the 3rd Job Advancement. Croco doesn't want to drop anything at all, but even if it did, I 100% can't afford to be stuck with the STR Lumati.

More importantly, we need to find the Olympus. So getting the Lumati out of the way as quickly as possible is our absolute highest priority. There is probably a lot of work in store for us to actually find that next bow, so squaring away the lesser equips will be of the utmost importance throughout this level range.

My goal for 70 is to have majority 50s. The Olympus shouldn't be absolutely necessary given how good our Vaulter is, but I really don't want to take risks that I don't have to.

Well I didn't say the equips were going to be very fast here either...our first one drops 40 minutes in.
    [​IMG]

Another Dark Piettra Skirt! Cool! (Even though it will be obsolete as soon as we get the Lumati :p). This one has one more DEX than the first. So actually, it's an upgrade for both outfits!
    [​IMG]
    At least for a few minutes.

About five minutes later, someone walks past while inside...a barrel. Celestalia was deeply confused although, the individual in question did not get attacked by the Nependeaths, so whatever it was worked. Oki.

Immediately after we get a Hall Staff.
    [​IMG]

So it looks like we're on a good RNG cycle. Hopefully that will continue for just a bit longer!

Right after that, the barrel person we met came back into the map with a guildmate. Turns out they need some things from this map and invite us to party with them. Celestalia had high hopes that this might be it for the Lumati!

Their cards and items were fulfilled quite quickly though, so no dice. Still, it was nice to be around some people.
    [​IMG]

At this stage (an hour 10 minutes in) we were up 11% having used a third of the Mana Elixir stack. And while things seemed pretty poor, it was light years ahead of how Celestalia felt yesterday at Croco. So there's something. Only thing we can do is press on, I guess.

Ten minutes later, a pleasant surprise happens!
    [​IMG]

The other half of the Dark Piettra outfit! And do you know how much DEX it adds? Four. Meaning...hilariously enough...these two pieces might actually add more DEX than the Lumati SlimeSweat2

So Celestalia went on for about another 20 minutes until we got down to 48 Mana Elixirs, and then left for Ellinia so we can go clear out our inventory. Turns out our friend Jelo was also going on the ship! This time to hunt Balrog. Celestalia spent the trip thinking about which inventory area to add a row to, since we got one in reserve upon reaching 60. I think any of the three is good at this stage.

We also tried two Bottomwear DEF 10%s, which both failed, but that did save us a Use slot.

Back in Victoria Island, our latest round of equips puts us just shy of 27.5 million mesos. After doubling back to get back on the boat, we encounter a brand-new Magician at Level 9 who wanted our financial assistance. As usual Celestalia was more than happy to oblige. But due to the recent update, people can't pick up others' mesos, and apparently that includes those that have been directly dropped.

So, for the first time ever, Celestalia...bought from a potion shop.
    [​IMG]

After the Huntress explained it was for the guy behind her, Len agreed to do business with us and Celestalia bought somewhere around 50k worth of pots. She also left him the Hall Staff (which was lucky as she forgot to sell it the first time around) and our remaining Magic Potions.

I just hope Len doesn't get in trouble with Grendel over this!

Honestly I'm starting to think the Vereina family's leverage over the situation is beginning to wane slightly. It's been almost a year now and Celestalia not only has not caused any trouble, she's introduced the Vereina name to many more people. I'd like to see the last year's business statements! It's going to be an interesting time if it turns out that the so-called 'wayward daughter' is boosting the enterprise's profits. I doubt that what Celestalia is doing is making that much of an impact though. And even if it did, nothing actually changes in regards to the restrictions that she is under.

But, that's all we have for now! Next weekend we'll get another chance at the Lumati, which at this point is only so that we can wear the Choro MapleF3 At some point I'll also talk about our next step, which I've been thinking quite a bit about recently. It might be nice to go back to some areas and see how much easier they have become now that we have a steady supply of mana potions.

Anyway, we'll leave that until then. Have a good week and take care!

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXVIII. Revenge of the Crossbowman

You might remember that Aescavon, my Crossbowman, is attempting to train to a rather high level so that he can camp out for his brother's next Overall which I've mentioned roughly a billion or so times over the last few months. He hadn't really made much progress on that...that is, until this week.
    [​IMG]

The above picture is actually from a few months ago but pretty much encapsulates what he's up to. In any case, said gentleman has gained three levels since Sunday. To a normal Maple player that might not sound like much, but as you know I am no normal player. I'm far worse than most. So this is definitely a big deal MapleF13

He's 58 now, and with a bit more training he might be able to move on from Chunin and go somewhere bigger and better...like Ghost Ship perhaps. The sticking point is we need more Power Knockback; the Pac Pinky population is just too much for him to get a lane established. I suspect Celestalia will also have that problem UNLESS we get a nice mobbing skill that can mitigate that...see you in about ten levels.

That said I have my suspicions that Singapore won't just let her waltz in as she pleases.

Meanwhile, the Huntress is preparing for another run at Nependeath, or at least she was; but as I was typing this a huge local magic surge popped up near Orbis Park. Celestalia, not wanting to take chances to get caught in that and...well, have bad things happen, decided to return to the inn until it cleared up.

It would be some time before it was. Over an hour, actually. By the time the surge cleared up it was quarter to one in the morning. Actually, that's still not terribly late of a starting time. It just feels like it.

The weird thing about some of these magic rifts, you know, they affect different people in different ways. I'm sure no one else even knew it was there. But Celestalia started feeling very woozy when she got near the park. So strange.

Anyway, at long last we were off to the Strolling Path.
    [​IMG]

Celestalia had 48 Mana Elixirs on her person. She was set on not leaving until she had obtained Level 61, and with less than 20% to go it was unclear which would run out first...the potions or the white on the XP bar.

Well to help things along a tad, Celestalia decided to only use one Arrow Blow per mob in most cases. Only if the roll was really bad, she'd consider another one. Say like 8-900 or so. But that's not that common.

But to give you an idea of how slow things were going...it was taking near 5 minutes just to get 1%. And no equips were dropping either.

It was not until 02:00 that we finally got something.
    [​IMG]

This is...the third one of these? It was cool the first two times, and-well okay, this is actually an exact replica of the pair we have on. Big meh.

Well the next drop at 02:06 was slightly more exciting because the screen froze for a second. That meant we were getting something new!

New...for tonight, new, at least...
    [​IMG]

To be honest it was not bad at all. 54/5/5 (One off from MWA).

And ten minutes later, to continue the trend of extremely redundant equipment:
    [​IMG]

And if you can think of worse stats than STR +1 and 19 Weapon Defense...I mean it's possible, do I want to hear it, no.

Finally, around 02:39, we had acquired the necessary points with 12 Mana Elixirs to spare.
    [​IMG]

And Celestalia is officially my highest-leveled character. MapleF3

Well, there have been two higher in the annals of the Auburn family. One doesn't really count though, since he adventured in the post-Big Bang shenanigans. And it was mostly Carnival PQ anyway. Waste of a campaign if you ask me. So officially, the highest was an Assassin named Tefiza, although not actually named that in-game. He got to around 63/64, something like that. BUT, that was with the default 1x XP rate, so maybe Celestalia has a slight advantage, don't you think?

In any case, it was time once again to go back to Shanghai and farm more Mana Elixirs. So I guess that's it for tonight. In the next installment...well, it's a safe bet you know what we're doing tomorrow. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXIX. The Final Fifty-Four

54...yeah, so Celestalia sort of ran out of steam at Shanghai. So that's how many Mana Elixirs we're starting with.

Neither do I want them to last that long. Why? Well, I'm going to spend the second half of the night looking into some other options. Yes, it's a marathon session...just like old times! I think one of the reasons why those have dropped off recently is that the mobs we're fighting require more mana-based effort. I mean it's still a problem. Having to constantly go back and refill potions is quite draining.

Oh, speaking of. Lookie at what we picked up this time:
    [​IMG]

Nowhere near as good as the Huntress's patented MWV2K, but still funny.

Back at Nependeath Celestalia was, and this time she meant business. She was not going to take no for an answer.

How can you tell? Well take a look at the floor.
    [​IMG]

Notice the distinct lack of picking up drops.

Well not that we weren't picking up anything, just not when it wasn't convenient.

Still, Celestalia fought with all her heart. And the game rewarded her WITH!!
    [​IMG]

WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

About fifteen and maybe change later, something new for a change - and it's an Overall too!

Wrong class unfortunately.
    [​IMG]
    Aescalloss should have come here! The White Calas is mostly INT just like his Orange one was. No need to mess with those Grays in the Omega Sector.

Of course we had to pick up another Korean Fan too. Very, very, very average.

The entire session ended up being 1 hour and 10 minutes. As is the way of things, no Lumati was to be found.

I legitimately believe this is just not happening right now. We really do have to look to other tasks. And along with that, we're out of Mana Elixirs again...I did save 20 Blue Potions we picked up over the session, but that's chump change at this stage of the game. AND, we can't quite go back to Shanghai because our Equip inventory is too full...we have to go to Victoria Island.

So I guess I'll be back in a bit. In the next installment...well, who knows. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXX. The Great Sixexian Conquest

It is the stroke of 04:00 server time. Celestalia has just left Shanghai with 82 Mana Elixirs and a total BPE of 266. Her ears, filled with the ringing war drums of Sabaton, resound as the bells of Ludibrium chime. Or not, since time does not pass, yada yada yada.

So. Here is the plan moving forward. From now until we reach Level 65, our focus is going to be solely on collecting cards and conquering maps. I have multiple reasons for doing this but the highest one is this: Doing so unlocks more regions for us. More regions means more farms, more equips, and more everything. The faster we can do this, the faster we get the prestige we need to be considered a serious contender in the Maple World.

Thus the Celestial Empire will embark on what I would like to call The Wars of the Great Sixexian Conquest. We will hit nigh indiscriminately; anywhere Celestalia happens to be where there is a mob, we take the opportunity to go snatch it. This obviously means we will be doing a lot around Ludibrium, since we can only access Shanghai from there. If and when Spinel World Tour decides to lift that restriction, that will of course change; but don't expect that to happen along the course of this project.

What may happen is one or two other regions, belonging to SWT or otherwise, may be unlocked. And what is interesting is earlier today I got a tip from one Mr. Motto (who also lent his name to the Dark Requiem project that Aescavon and Aescalloss are working on, by the way), who mentioned that the Lumati is obtainable in Mu Lung.
    [​IMG]

There are actually multiple mobs there who drop at least one. But it's a moot point at the moment. It might not be so much a moot point in a few weekends' time. So good to bear in mind until then.

With that out of the way, let's do it.

Our first target is the closest one to the SWT stand, which would be Roloduck.
    [​IMG]

There were a surprising number of them in here, which meant we were in good position to get the ball rolling quickly. And by sticking around this platform in the middle, Arrow Bomb has the utmost efficiency.

It took less than ten minutes to register a card.
    [​IMG]

It also behooves me to say that by 04:20 we had picked up three Gach tickets. :eek:

At 04:26, we get the second Roloduck card, after picking up a few decent equips (White Chaos Robe, Black Huntress Armor). Nothing too much to write home about at this stage, of course.

Fifteen minutes later another pair of equips, this time an Eagle Crow and a Blue Chaos Robe.

04:52, we get card #3.

It was a few minutes after that that Celestalia realized something...in that, she realized nothing. She was so far into the zone that she almost forgot what she was...a sensation that she hadn't felt since 1st Job. In fact, she put so much of her spirit into the fighting that even the combat at West Hill paled in comparison. And to think she almost gave up adventuring after that.

Yet. In ABSOLUTELY THE TRUEST SENSE OF WHAT THIS CHALLENGE MEANS!

We did not get a single additional card.

Yes! Seriously! And it started out so promising. But by 06:00, Celestalia was starting to feel like she could collapse any moment. Her mind was a daze, as were her fingers, and everything else probably.

So in what might be the greatest defeat of the campaign so far, we retreated. Roloduck stood us up, not just by a smidge, like Jr. Lioner did, but convincingly. Like the Lumati, it was just not happening.

Therefore, it was time to go back to Victoria Island. Mostly for equip reasons. And what an inventory we have here:
    [​IMG]

I mean this is going to be worth a small fortune, look, you have a money dagger, two Vaulters, a third Red Choro, a White Anakamoon even! Actually, I'm going to lend this to Aescalloss - it might be better than his current one. Not sure though!

And you may notice in slot #1 there is a second Bow of Magical Destruction. At 81, it is 3 WAtt better than the last one! That could turn out to be a really seriously good segment for us, when we do finally get to wield this guy. I also have one Bow ATT 60% in reserve. Where that gets used will depend a lot on the stats of the next two bows.

When all is said and done the final tally for the Huntress is 29.7 million mesos. I think we made two million today alone. So at least one thing went right! And that's the important bit.

Anyway, after such an unbelievable loss, Celestalia very much needs to go sleep things away. Next Friday, we'll see some Victoria Island action! What mob could she be going after? Find out when we return here on Celestalia's Challenge! Have an amazing week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXXI. Adventures in Upper Perion

And a wonderful evening to all of you, as we are back from what was an overtly long week for Celestalia, who is still reeling from an inglorious defeat at the hands of Roloduck and their not-dropping-cardsery.

She now finds herself in what can only be described as a three-way cold war between herself, Aescavon the Crossbowman, and Aescalloss the I/L Wizard.
    [​IMG]

Celestalia is currently in 1st place by about 790,000 XP (~62%) but that is bound to change as Aescavon is on a grueling pace; he has gained six levels in less than two weeks. Okay, that's not exactly earth-shattering by normal MapleLegends standards, I get it. The point stands though that Celestalia is going to need to put in some serious work if she is to stay in front of her biggest rival.

The fight was never fair, of course. Not only does Aescavon have access to the entire world map, and potion shops, and the Free Market, and a bunch of other things, ...well that's about it really.

So the least we can do it give it our all.

...I say we even though all three of the competitors are my characters MapleF3

Okay anyways! Victoria Island. Now, over the week Celestalia was looking in the empty slots of her Monster Book. We're fairly well-established in regards to card sets, that's for sure; every mob up through the 30s, aside from Jr. Boogie, is accounted for, and that guy we can try to grab at any point if we are bored.

The lowest mob we don't have yet is Cold Eye (Level 40). We can technically fight them, but the only map they appear in that we have available is the Tree Dungeon North IV, where there are like two platforms of them at the bottom. So it's possible, but why bother.

So we look at the next two choices: Skeledog (44) and Copper Drake (45). Celestalia believes she knows where to find Skeledog, but she does not know what else is on that map. She does know where Copper Drake is and what else it lodges with. Sounds like as good a starting point as any! Let's head over there.

The nice thing about this map is it is just a scant two screens away from Perion:
    [​IMG]

True to its name, the Dangerous Valley is a formidable place, teeming with reptilian foes. There are very few resting places, what with Fire Boars jumping all over the place. However, combat-wise these particular adversaries aren't much a match for Celestalia anymore.

As for the Copper Drakes...
    [​IMG]

Their defenses are strong, and deal similar damage to Nependeath, maybe a bit more. On the upside, they have no active attack.

The first interesting thing that Celestalia noticed was this colorful leather-type object.
    [​IMG]

Dragon Skin is a very well-known commodity and commands decent prices just about everywhere. Except for maybe Leafre, where dragons are so plentiful that gathering parties regularly come across them during expeditions. Well, not when they're actually still able to disintegrate them.

The Huntress was hopping along fairly okay, although she really wished she had a skill that could hit further away than Arrow Bomb does. Fire Boars constantly spawning around her didn't help either.

But apparently she was not meant to be there very long. For what should her wondrous eyes behold on the first equip than this!!:
    [​IMG]

You have no idea how long it took the combined forces of Aescavon AND Aescalloss to get a pair. Celestalia landed her Purple Steel-Tip Boots in...ten minutes. Without using a single potion of either sort.

Roloduck, feel free to stand us up any time.

Stats-wise here's what we're looking at:
    [​IMG]

100% pure averageness. That's all fine with me. Considering the previous two shoes both had 19 Weapon Defense, this will be a huge help.

Celestalia immediately jumped over to Henesys so she could hand over to Sam the obsolete units. I have to recognize of course how long we've had them: half a year, in fact. The Pierre Shoes (LXV) and the Silk Boots (LXX) were within a month of each other.

So what about the cards? Well, Celestalia figured, I believe correctly but might be mistaken, that Copper Drake didn't have anything else worth mentioning. So she could more or less safely move on and come back later for the card set once she got some better abilities - or bows. Or both!

It was time then to head deep into the Excavation Site.
    [​IMG]

It was clear this map was going to be even slightly annoying. Skeledog (center left) and Mummydog (the rest) jump around everywhere and are pretty fast. Good thing we have the resources to keep up with that. But what about damage?
    [​IMG]

Okay, not the best, however, their knockback threshold is really low, and sticking to the ground floor, it's near. Constant. Action. Arrow Bomb is super nice here, and Power Knockback does a good job maintaining the lane although the simple act of walking through the skeletal canines works too. The other good thing is, since the Camp is right next door, all we have to do is go through the portal and we're in a safe location.

So a fairly high-intensity area. That's good, reminds me of what Aescavon's doing over at the Ghost Ship in Singapore.

Two big takeaways from this: First, picking up drops is going to be very much a per-opportunity basis. It's not something we can afford to be doing whenever we feel like it. Second, someone, I believe Mummydog, drops Mana Elixir. First one we've seen outside of Shanghai! It's an interesting change of pace, for sure.

Copper Drake drops Elixir though. (Actually so does Mummydog...just not terribly often...since there's not as many of them in this map)

Well in any case. The first card comes around 00:15 server time.
    [​IMG]

Couldn't F2 this time, it was very difficult to do with all of these guys hopping around.

Card #2 was in the realm of about 30 minutes later. We were already nearly halfway through our initial supply of Mana Elixirs.

That was followed by Mummydog #1. As expected, it is the next tier up.
    [​IMG]

In the latter part of the session, Celestalia took to the task of defending that ruined wall you see in the background, to use for the next banner photo. I tell you it is a nigh impossible task. There are just too many of these things! I got as close as I could, and just managed with two dogs on either side of the frame.

While preparing for that screenshot we picked up the third Skeledog card, which I will now go retrieve from the ML Screenshots folder due to aforementioned situation. In the meantime, it's time to go back to Shanghai and refill, and I think Roloduck deserves another shot! Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXXII. Duck and Cover

I just realized I spent that entire session in the prestige outfit. Honestly that probably saved us like ~20 White Potions...we spent a stack and a half in 90 minutes. Also, it allowed us to get the above banner. So it worked out.

And honestly what it does is make Shanghai even more invaluable than it already was. Because in those rare occasions when our White Potion use outweighs the consumption of Mana Elixirs, we get incredible swaths of both anyway.

This time we went until 02:30, which put us right back where we started the day - 52 Mana Elixirs. Funnily enough, we also ended up at precisely five stacks of White! I did not plan that. Not at all.

On the way back to Roloduck Celestalia passes a guy using friggin' rocket launchers. That might be the coolest weapon I've seen yet in this game.

Turns out it was a good omen!
    [​IMG]

Not even Roloduck can withstand friggin' rocket launchers.

Well, as you might expect, there wasn't much for us in the drop table. The only thing there usable was the Aqua Brace, of which we already have the superior Dark variant.

All good though, not only did we not use any Mana Elixirs in this leg, we finished with a very solid time - 03:18 server time.
    [​IMG]

Time for the next opponent!
    [​IMG]

Now that Celestalia finally got a good look at the cavalrymen's combat ability, she knew it was going to be a bit annoying getting around. However they are no Skeledog/Mummydog, as they hit for quite a bit less. Also, the abundance of teddies leads to tons of potions being thrown our way.

Our first card came fairly fast, at 03:25.
    [​IMG]

After which, Celestalia defaulted to the 'not using potions so that we can take advantage of the free level up' game since we were at like 97%. Which mentality, naturally, led her to forget to press the screenshot button when she actually did level.
    [​IMG]
    Eh, close enough.

Now, Celestalia had a decision to make. We have 15 saved SP, which means we can max Arrow Bomb if we wanted to. For comparison's purposes, our current AB has -14 MP, 100% damage, and a 45% chance to stun enemies. The maxed AB is twice as expensive (-28 MP) but deals 130% damage with a 60% chance to stun. Honestly...I don't know that the extra 15% is worth the vast cost of Mana Elixirs we will eventually accrue. I could care less about damage; an enemy taking like, 650 vs. 500 is most of the time still going to get knocked back.

I might not touch it at all if I'm honest. Although I guess I have to?

Actually no, there's another skill I've been overlooking. Why? Well, it's not even in this tier. More accurately, neither of them are.
    [​IMG]

In our second-ever post, I mentioned I did not want Double Shot...the main reason? Well, first, Arrow Blow is more reliable for knockback purposes. But the other one was that I didn't want to spend two arrows per shot. That's moot now...I reckon the 2 MP per attack is also fairly moot although still recognizable. THAT said, given that on average each Arrow Blow does 310% damage...and Double Shot on average goes for 360%. Yeah, that 2 MP might be worth it after all. Against Athena we need to use every possible weapon we have at our disposal.

So the plan is going to be this: at Level 70 dump 39 SP into Focus and Double Shot, then use an SP Reset (1,200 cash) to take one point from the Blessing of Amazon and max out the remaining skill.

Okay job done. Back to Trojans. But before that I have to mention something. Somehow we ended up with four Blue Chaos Robes? This game still surprises me sometimes.
    [​IMG]
    More like...Blue ORDER Robes...heh heh, heh...

At 04:34 we got the second Toy Trojan card. Yeah we took a while to figure out the skill plan. Eh.

With a bunch of extra Blue Potions we managed to keep the fight up for another 40 minutes before Celestalia got too tired to continue. And since we were at 50 Mana Elixirs at this stage, it was a good stopping point. So she managed to slip out of the clocktower at less than 200 HP...which is a tenth of her total...and went to the inn in Ludibrium Village.

So how do you like that for a productive Friday? 8 cards and an equip! Let's see some more of that tomorrow, yes? In the next installment, the battle with Toy Trojan continues, and hopefully, we move down into the Toy Factory. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXXIII. Lessons From Agincourt

In the year 1415 a detachment of French troops defending their kingdom attempted to block a far smaller English army from retreating to the port of Calais. The resulting battle solidified the superiority of one particular class of soldier: The English longbowman. Okay, so the French kind of messed up the placement of their forces. And they were just too slow to catch the English while they were repositioning. Still, you would expect knight cavalry to be fairly good at medieval warfare, and yet they were mowed down by the hundreds by bois with bows.

600-some years later another archer is attempting to perform a similar feat against a very similar mounted enemy. This will hopefully prove once and for all the old adage that I definitely didn't just make up while writing this: "Bows Beat Tro's". Let's get to it.

We find Celestalia at the battle site...having a snack. And wait, where did she get 200 Mana Elixirs?! So it turns out that due to a special situation, I was able to grind at Shanghai for about two hours and some. So not only did we get the above, we also got 630 White Potions...and we reached 30 million mesos!

Oh, and we picked up a few scrolls too, including two Shoes Avoid 60%s. On top of the two we already had, we could augment our Purple Steel-Tip Boots significantly.

Would you believe all four of them worked?
    [​IMG]
    60% ^ 4 = 12.96%. Okay, doesn't seem as impressive when it gets mathed out.

Well, we are in a supreme position to do some serious damage tonight.

And we started quickly too. Here is the first of three cards at 03:13 server time.
    [​IMG]

Would you also believe that our first equip of the night was...a fifth Blue Chaos Robe.

The second Magician Overall, courtesy of Toy Trojan, was far superior though.
    [​IMG]

The Red Calaf (Level 48 Female). Very pretty!

Card #4 arrives half an hour - virtually on the dot - after the third card. Drop table does not contain anything of note, although I really like the look of the Yellow Pierre Shoes. Probably my favorite color of the three we've seen so far.

I guess I should mention that for this battle, Celestalia decided to use some Dexterity Pills and see how much Avoidability she could stack. Between the scrolls on the PSTB and that, we get a bonus +18 (93 total). It must have been working, because at the time we got the fourth card, we were up two White Potions.

That wasn't to last for long; seeing they were at a disadvantage, Toy Trojan and company redoubled their efforts, and the final 35 minutes of fighting was filled with charges, hand-to-hand combat, intense juggling on the platforms, and valiant defensive maneuvers. They managed to have us down three or four Whites at one point.

But despite the gallantry on the part of the Toy Trojans, it was not enough to successfully withstand the fury of the Celestial Empire. At 04:19, they surrender.
    [​IMG]

The final tally on White Potions: We broke dead even.

[​IMG]

Celestalia looked out upon the shining waves of Ludus Lake below. "Soon," she said, as she healed up and journeyed back inside to continue the campaign.

In the next installment, we move from the past to the future. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]

PART CXXXIV. Beep Boop, Bowman

And we are back here as promised. Although it feels longer, it was only six levels ago that we first attempted to fight the robotic army lurking in the Toy Factory. Of course, at that point we did not have Mana Elixirs. Let alone 179 of them.

So without further ado...
    [​IMG]

That's more like it! Two Arrow Blows will fall just about anyone in here. Sometimes.

After only one pass, we took our first card!
    [​IMG]

And it's the less common variety of Robo too, so I'm quite satisfied with that. I must warn you, it is very possible we could end up with a card behind a pillar or something. So who knows if I'll see it in time.

Anyway that was shortly followed by the first card for the blue Robo.

So it turns out that when Celestalia can use all her skills properly, since these guys move so slowly, she barely gets hit at all. It's a real nice change of pace from the skeleton dogs and Toy Trojan, let me tell you.

A tick or so after 05:00, we got the second Robo card. Twelve more and we're done with Upper Clocktower, by the way!

Less than ten minutes later, the third card was in our possession. This is looking really good.

The first drop appears near here, and it's fairly sneezeable, just a Blue Crusader Chainmail.
    [​IMG]

But then we got card #4! The drop table, if you please.

...On second thought nevermind. There wasn't much there. Although, the Green Distinction can drop, which will give us some added DEX.

However, the equips began dropping in droves. Very decent stuff going on too, like this Mr. Rasfelt (Level 50 Gun).
    [​IMG]

...And both parts of the Level 33 Amoria set. The top had max stats also :cool:

Then we landed a White Guiltian, before finishing out one of the easier card sets in recent memory.
    [​IMG]

We still can't advance in this direction, but we have the first Toy Factory floor to look at, plus the right side of this floor. So maybe we can find a better map for Master Robo somewhere?

Well, Celestalia checked every possible map and managed to ring around the entire right side (the Apparatus Room links the two floors) and did not find a single Master Robo. The top left has both types plus Panda Teddy, which I'd prefer not to have to deal with. Thusly, we are sticking with the bottom left.

She ultimately decided, as she had originally planned, to end the session at 06:00, giving us about 15 more minutes to try and dredge up another Master Robo card. One was not forthcoming, but we did get a second White Guiltian. So Celestalia went home amicably.

Since she was in the area, and he was after many months finally heading back to Victoria Island, Celestalia handed Sirbeg 8 Common and 2 Rare Gach tickets. Aescalloss is with his brother at Boat Quay Town and so isn't available to redeem them. Thus, Uncle Sirbeg is on the case! What will we find this time?

Common

• Cape WDef 60% <- Sirbeg used it immediately on one of his capes; it failed
    • Dark Battle Road (Level 80 M Warrior Overall)
    • Gold Pow (Level 60 Thief Glove)
    • Fat Sausage (7)
    • Green Leather Hoodwear (Level 15 M Archer Top)
    • Overall STR 70%
    • Topwear LUK 30%
    • Earring DEX 70%
    Rare
    • Shield LUK 30%
    • Spear ATT 30%
    Decent scrolls and a few hundred thousand's worth of equips. Not terrible but it feels like we're no closer to landing that Dark Requiem. I have a hunch Aescavon will overtake Celestalia this week. He needs to get to around 75, by my estimate, before he's ready to take on Jester Scarlion and Froscola.

That however is a story for another time. Catch you back here on Friday, when we continue the assault on Master Robo and discover even more secrets in the Wars of the Sixexian Conquest! See you then!

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]

PART CXXXV. End of an Operation

Well, this is unusual! A fifth entry in one weekend? But alas, the way things turned out, it was just meant to be. Allow me to present the details of today's events.

Aescavon got started very early, like, before 15:00 server time early. Celestalia is usually still sleeping at this time. Anyway, someone in his alliance - oh, right! I didn't mention that, did I? Aescavon...joined the same alliance Celestalia is in. He's in GangGang, and Celestalia found about this on Friday in...well, a rather unceremonious fashion. S-okay, I'm just now hearing that dimsumbois is no longer in the alliance. How did that happen? They were in it 24 hours ago.

Okay actually. The entire alliance dissolved. Hopefully by the end of the post I'll find out why.

Right, back to the story. So on the invitation...ish...of an alliance member, Aescavon left Ghost Ship 1 and Pac Pinky for their tougher brethren in the Slimy of Ghost Ship 2. These guys are nasty. Aescavon would actually have died, were it not for a timely miss. He got incredibly lucky there.

However, Slimy is a fun mob and the map is really good for just about everyone, but especially mages, who can stand on the stairs and hammer away at the bottom platform without getting hit. Clerics with Heal can target both platforms at once. No wonder this is one of the most popular maps in the game.

Later on, Aescavon was with a Cleric, and so he got to Level 62 and spent not that many resources doing it because he was constantly getting healed. Life was pretty darn good.

When he returned to Boat Quay and told Aescalloss about the gold mine that awaited, Aescalloss also managed to get to Level 62. But not before Aescavon's Gachapon tickets resulted in THIS!!
    [​IMG]

So we...got the Requiem. But Aescalloss had to spend over 5 million mesos to get the Overall INT 100%s he needed to achieve these stat bonuses. The Weapon Defense is really good though, so there's that.

ANYWAY. After the Wizard got to 62, he left Singapore and came to Ludibrium. The stated purpose was to continue development on the Monster Book. Thing is: I realized en route that doing so would spoil things for Celestalia. He was going to go into Eos Tower and, well, we've not done very much there yet!

For that reason, I'm instead going to continue the campaign. During the week I'll probably play on someone that isn't hunting cards and catching them up to my top three characters.

Alright, so with that, I have found out the reason for the alliance's destruction. Turns out that our guilds 'are not serious enough'. The absolute nerve. But Permanovice, our contact inside GangGang (and also a Super Beginner!) had a new alliance squared up almost immediately. So once Ditto comes back on that will get sorted out.

Now to the action at hand. Since I don't have that much time, we're going to ignore Master Robo for now, and instead press on to:
    [​IMG]

Hopefully in an hour's time we'll have some decent results.

The first thing that happened wasn't a card, but an equip. Some kind of glove, Celestalia couldn't make it out underneath the piles of cash.
    [​IMG]

It ended up being a Mithril Scaler, which we already got from Chronos, so not sure why you drop it also, sirs.

Card #2 (of the set, not the evening) arrives at 02:12.
    [​IMG]

The third card was just four minutes later!

Cue overconfidence-leading-to-me-being-hugely-let-down-when-we-get-stalled.

Okay thankfully that didn't happen. But it did take nearly half an hour to land the fourth card.

Anyway, shortly after Card #3, we get two nice Warrior equips, a Brown Jangoon Pants (Level 40), and an Ivory Shouldermail (Level 50). This latter one had me quite interested in the tableau.

What's on there anyway? Want to know the answer? BROWN PIETTE. AGAIN!! What is up with these guys, HONESTLY?!

GET. OUT. OF MY SIGHT.
    [​IMG]

...Wait, what's this?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

A giant owl clock? Count me in!

...Yeah nothing to say. Celestalia just outranged it. Although the damage cancel effect was a bit annoying.

Dropped a card though!
    [​IMG]

And with that we finally end the weekend for Celestalia. It was good enough already, the addition of yet another card set makes it even sweeter. Master Robo awaits! Will its lack of numbers lead to our demise and/or going-somewhere-elseitude? Find out in the next session of Celestalia's Challenge!

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXXVI. Today Ludus, To-Maro the World

As much as it has greatly accelerated our campaign, the farm in Shanghai hasn't really directly led to any advancement.

Until yesterday.

And why was Celestalia grinding Mana Elixirs on a Thursday? Well, she's pretty hyped about how fast things are going. So she wants to spend as little campaign time as possible doing such a menial task.

But it certainly didn't feel menial after she picked up this lovely piece of equipment!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Not only does Celestalia wear the Maro with style, we get a permanent +1 DEX to all operations in the Ludus Lake region, where we can't use the Lady Blue. The prestige bonus is significant too. Now if only we could nab the Lumati, then we'd really be off.

That is a consideration for later. In reality, Celestalia has been debating back and forth about where to actually fight this weekend. Her mind wasn't truly made up until the Blue Maro appeared. Since Robo (the blue one) now drops nothing we need, there is too little of interest to try and slowly acquire cardboard from their red overlords. Therefore, it is time to return to the Aquarium. After spending approximately one post there five levels ago, the area has been ignored in favor of better card and equip prospects. But thanks to many of those being resolved, we have plenty of time to push through there now.

The other huge benefit to us, eventually, is that we get a backdoor to El Nath. I'm not saying Jr. Pepe is impossible in Orbis Tower, but I really don't want to spend two hours spamming Power Knockback and not having anything get knocked back. I'd much rather fight them out in the open, and coming up through the bottom of Orbis Tower should allow us to do so.

Time to roll.
    [​IMG]

You might recall that we picked up exactly zero cards in the previous attempt. Will they be as stiff today?

Apparently not.
    [​IMG]

We get the second card around 01:40 (30~40 minutes into the session). The third card was less than 10 minutes hence. And the fourth card, another 10 minutes.

On the other hand the last card took roughly 30 seconds.
    [​IMG]

For the next opponent, sea horse #2.
    [​IMG]

This map (Blue Seaweed Road) isn't the best map for Cico, but there are still plenty here. That said, it took twenty minutes to get on the board.
    [​IMG]

But we are getting a lot of Blue Potions. The stack of 150 Mana Elixirs has so far remained untouched.

Cico #2 comes at 02:28, six minutes later, followed by Cico #3 at 02:41.

At this point Celestalia's fingers were a bit tired, so she went above the water (thanks to getting the Krappy card set) and had a snack on Tae Gong's fishing trawler.
    [​IMG]
    Okay, so it's not quite a trawler...but still very break-taking-able.

By the way, dimsumbois did in fact get into GangGang's new alliance. This one is called Delight. Appropriate since I'm delighted at how this part of the campaign is going, and that most of Celestalia's equips are...de-lighted, in that they are all quite dark in color.

Starting back up again around 03:20, Celestalia immediately lands the fourth Cico card. A few minutes later, we pick up from Cico a Helmet DEF 60%, which we slip onto the Maro to earn another two points of Weapon Defense and one MDef. Neat!

The set finishes ten minutes after that.
    [​IMG]

And we're just getting started on this weekend of festivities. In the next installment, we tackle some larger marine life. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  12. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXXVII. Bigger Fry

With the opening region of Aqua Road squared away, the next step was to move deeper into the valley. The bluer waters of this depth have much sturdier creatures swimming within.
    [​IMG]

Bubble Fish and Flower Fish both have significantly more health, but Arrow Bomb should be quite good here, as you can see.
    [​IMG]

Plan is to use our excess Blue Potions (40) and then regular arrow most places until we build that back up again. I believe we do need to get the Flower Fish card set here, although their spawn on the ground floor is inconsistent.

Anyway Bubble Fish didn't take long to register a card.
    [​IMG]

Bubble Fish #2 was not long after that, at 03:49, and then the third card was a mere five minutes after. The last two cards dropped back-to-back at 04:01!
    [​IMG]

But it's a hollow victory. The fact of the matter is we're essentially soft-locked. Flower Fish is the strongest mob here, is on the platform containing both portals, and there are so few of them that even getting one card will require a significant time investment.

So I guess we will be fighting Jr. Pepe in the tower after all. We might as well try it; we didn't even have the Vaulter during the first disaster there.

It's been so long I honestly don't remember what the spawns are like. But whatever the case we have to try it. To help us, Celestalia uses her Warrior and Dexterity pills so she spends less time getting hit by the little pengis.
    [​IMG]

Arrow Blow is the slickest trick but even Arrow Bomb has a chance to knock back! Some criticals from it do hit for the four digits. Just another day for the MWAV2K! ;) (*cough*Andwarriorpill*cough*)

Jr. Pepe finally starts to crack at 04:36.
    [​IMG]

Only four more of these to go...

Jr. Pepe, this boat sailed a loooong time ago.
    [​IMG]
    To be fair! These pants have the same DEX bonus (+2) as our Dark Piettra Skirt.

Anyway we got the second card right after that, and by 04:45 we had the third.

Jr. Pepe was certainly not one to go down without a fight, and they started hitting back a few times.

Celestalia's counter move was this:
    [​IMG]

Which, depending on what version of the story you want to believe, because one of my older documents suggests that Tefiza only made it to 62, makes Celestalia my second-highest character of all time. Highest if you only count pre-BigBang.

As a reward for Celestalia's accomplishments, Jr. Pepe presents us with an amazing gift!!!
    [​IMG]

Yes, this is Level 60. The Blue Gore Boots. What they are doing here is ANYONE'S GUESS. But WE HAVE THEM. MapleF14

Just to confirm that this wasn't a mistake we nabbed the fourth card right after, and sure enough, they're there. The ones we got had minimum DEX (+1), but that's okay, I don't want to give up the Steel-Tip Boots quite yet. They'll make a great damage outfit equip with the +8 Avoid MapleF2

Anyway the set got finished at 05:08. What was once a roadblock...now another step towards world domination.
    [​IMG]

In obtaining all four card sets today, Celestalia used a net total of...one Mana Elixir.

She had to press on and see what lied on the other side of the snowy foothills. Outside the tower, the cold wind began putting her into shambles as she struggled forward, sliding on the thick ice below. By the time she got into town, she was in poor shape. While it was slightly warmer within the confines of El Nath proper, she still decided to duck inside the weapon store and recover. After doing that, she took a look around the city.
    [​IMG]

Celestalia was amazed at the intricate construction of nearly every building. It reminded her almost of home - the Vereina estate, that is, being one of Henesys's fancier homes and hearths. But what impressed her the most was the Chief's Residence - a tall homestead featuring five individuals with very special skillsets.

At the very top of this grand landmark stood a figure legendary and renowned to many thousands of adventurers - Rene.
    [​IMG]
    We shall return.

Unfortunately, as usual, we aren't allowed any hospitality in El Nath yet. After all, we just got here. Any town on the fringes of the Empire will be very questionable towards us. To stay in El Nath, we'll need all Level 50 equips or higher. That means getting the Lumati, the Olympus, the Willow (Level 50 Glove), and any of the next tier of Earrings. We may need additional prestige to purchase items that can beat the cold. That could require just getting more card sets, obtaining 3rd Job, or some combination thereof.

In the meantime, Celestalia returns to Orbis. Now that we have another way into Aqua Road, we're welcome to capitalize on it now - and we just might! But don't forget about Orbis Park - there are a number of mobs there worth our salt. I'm going to go ahead and go back underwater for now, because if I'm calculating this right there are nine card sets left on the main drag - and we currently have 80. The last one, 90, can be obtained in Victoria Island, where we need to go anyway to upgrade the Monster Book Ring.

Tentative plan but should work unless we get bogged down by someone again. I have a feeling that won't happen though.

In the next installment, Celestalia tries Aqua Road's left flank. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 3
  13. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXXVIII. The Western Seas

Although the basement of the Orbis Tower was fairly well-lit, Celestalia still got chills as she went down. It wasn't until after she dove underwater when that went away. Mostly because she could actually fight stuff.
    [​IMG]

Scuba Pepe is a fairly sturdy mob, but since we can basically snipe everything, this map will be no issue at all. They can't leave their platforms!

It didn't take but a few passes to get a rectangle.
    [​IMG]

The second card took 20 minutes and a few Mana Elixirs too. So Scuba Pepe was putting up a fairly good defense. Unfortunately for them the third card slipped out of their grasp very quickly.

I was wondering why our Air Bubble kept getting cancelled early. Then I realized:
    [​IMG]

And this whole time Scuba Pepe has also been dropping actual Air Bubbles.

By 03:00 we have four cards. Nothing of interest in the drop table, except for maybe the Money Dagger. We did get a Cutlus near the beginning though! Same level you know :cool:

We finish our business here seven minutes later.
    [​IMG]

Celestalia steps out into the open water and finds some pufferfish.
    [​IMG]

While they can attack us, the spikes are fairly weak, only ~30 damage per shot. The real challenge is them being so spread out that Arrow Bomb is almost useless. That is, until Celestalia figured out that she could ping each one and lure them together.

This strategy proved quite fruitful!
    [​IMG]

Poopa isn't the only mob here though. Alongside Scuba Pepe, we also have these adorable little pink seals. They aren't required to advance but we could get some cards off of them. And yes, I did count them towards the Monster Book Ring number. To sell Etc. drops in the Aquarium, we need all card sets from this upper level.

...Looks like they heard me!
    [​IMG]

And wouldn't you know it, we got the second Jr. Seal card right thereafter. A few minutes later Poopa ties the game. It stayed that way for maybe sixty seconds, as Poopa then gave us a third card.

Turns out the little guys drop some pretty nice stuff. Like this Purple Moonlight!
    [​IMG]

Right after that they tied the score again at 3!

Not to be denied, only a few minutes later the fourth Poopa card appears! It turns out that they drop exactly two three Bowman equips. The first is the Silver Crow. The second, [Editor's Note: Which is tucked away at the upper right corner for some reason...I see you finally.] the Dark Distinction. The third?
    [​IMG]

Green friggin' Lumati.

Yes, I would much rather get it here than Nependeath. For one, there's more actual mobs to fight. Two, they don't deal triple digits.

Jr. Seal AGAIN was hot on the heels of Poopa and dropped the fourth card. Much more slender drop table although there was a Steel-Tip Boots here. Could have been an alternative if Copper Drake was uncooperative. They were certainly not uncooperative however.

It was though THE VERY NEXT PLATFORM that Poopa got the final card in.
    [​IMG]

After a few tries nabbing the last Jr. Seal card, Celestalia ventured into the next map to see if they were there too. Turns out they are.
    [​IMG]

This purple variant of Poopa is a bit more venomous. By a bit I mean a hundred points of damage. MapleF3 Same strategy applies, just a lot more White Potions get used. Not too bad.

I'll tell you though, that final Jr. Seal card was a tricky bugger. It wasn't until after 04:00 that we finally found it.
    [​IMG]

Celestalia then decides to leave and go back to Victoria Island since we were sitting on a boatload of Manuals and Stimulators and so our Etc. inventory was not in very good shape.

The sheer time it takes to go between the two means the Huntress didn't really want to waste more time going all the way back. Instead, she has another idea. We can still execute the original plan, but we'll have to be fairly sneaky.

So which Victoria Island mob gets the nod? Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXXXIX. Wraith Raid

[​IMG]

Kerning Subway is a weird place. The transfer area that has all the Stirges, the bottom Line 2 has Jr. Necki, and when you go into the second map you can't leave the way you came. The door sort of locks behind you. Good thing we had Return Scrolls.

Anyway so here we are at Line 1 Area 3, which is split between Wraith and Jr. Wraith. That's about as best as we can do.

As you probably know Kerning Subway is already a sniping paradise. But the fact that Wraith's hitbox is so huge means Arrow Bomb is absolutely knocking blocks off all over the place - when we could get a lane. Which sometimes is difficult.
    [​IMG]

And they have good Weapon Defense. So by the time we hit 05:00 no card had yet been registered. Fifteen minutes later, Celestalia had seen enough and ragequit the island. Well that was fast...and pointless.

Okay, not entirely pointless. We did get this!
    [​IMG]

So instead of +20 speed when walking around, we can get +21 speed. Ooooooooo

Ah, so earlier today Kaloichi called Celestalia to ask for a favor. He was trying to get materials for this one woman in Singapore, and for some reason she asked for 5 Emeralds. What any non-adventurer would need with that much...nevermind. Anyway, Celestalia put the 50 ore in the storage. But along with that, he also asked her to save her Mithril Ore. She wasn't quite sure what for, although she did recall a few people mentioning that it was fairly expensive on the world market. What could the Assassin be planning? And will we get anything in return?

What's interesting here is that one of the items mentioned in the original contract, which Kaloichi wrote most of, was a Blue Potion Chair. This item is basically a better, MP version of the Relaxer, restoring 100 MP every 10 seconds. You also get 15 HP back instead of 10 over that span. It's a great item, which anyone can get for just 10 days' worth of voting. Celestalia could save an immense amount of time with this, although I'll grant you it's not as crucial now that Shanghai is around. It would be very useful though when we're far from Ludibrium and can't access the farm. So it's certainly a consideration as the Empire expands.

Unbeknownst to Celestalia, what Kaloichi is trying to do is earn enough money to buy a Silver Deputy Star, which is Level 50, and he's less than 2 levels away from that. Problem is he only has 12.3 million, and the cheapest price I've seen for SDS is 18. Mithril Ore will help a lot with that, although it will probably be Gachapon that seals the deal. Celestalia has a few! Hopefully they'll turn out pretty alright.

Actually, I just realized that tomorrow starts the patch maintenance for the Summer Event. This could change the dynamic of the campaign entirely - I reckon in Celestalia's favor! More on that in next weekend's session. But that will just about wrap things up here. Another beautiful outing for us; 2 equips, 7 card sets, and the best lead yet on the Lumati. May the hot streak continue! Tune in next time as we continue the march through Aqua Road. Have a great week!

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXL. Operation Icebox

The Summer Event has arrived for us here on Celestalia's Challenge, a reality which the Huntress will shortly be enjoying. The goal for today is to complete the western half of Aqua Road and gain access to the Aquarium! I reckon we can do it, although the mana cost will be somewhat expensive as we deal with those magical mammals right outside the western gate which represent the main path's most difficult obstacle.

Not to worry since we will be obtaining quite a bit more in terms of supplies. Hopefully.

Before we start let me catch you folks up to speed on the level war. Aescalloss got a few nice looks at Ghost Ship 2 over the week, which means he's all the way up at Level 65! New staff, new cape, and things are going swimmingly. But now he's in the Omega Sector...to find a glove. Truly a riveting life he leads.

So now Celestalia has a good opportunity to take back the lead.
    [​IMG]

The first thing that happens is one of the Poopas drops this worm.
    [​IMG]
    And a Glove DEX 60%, which failed. Naturally.

Celestalia isn't quite sure what to do with it, but she has had stranger things in her pockets. So whatever.

Second thing that happens is...a card!
    [​IMG]

Then an I/L Archmage came out of literally nowhere and started spamming Chain Lightning. Off to Channel 2 we go. Nevermind, he followed us there, and then left a card which we can't pick up.

So ultimately we went to Channel 8.

Good thing we did too because this dropped immediately.
    [​IMG]

An Ice Box! Celestalia opened it and got 10 Ice Cream Pops, which restore basically our entire HP bar. Great!

At 00:51, we get the second card. Was a bit of a late start, but we should be okay. Especially considering the third card arrived six minutes later.

Our next Ice Box gave us 10 Watermelon, which restore 1000 HP and 1000 MP! Absolutely delighted. We use one right away.

Then at 01:02, the fourth card! Poison Poopa's drop table is quite similar to regular Poopa. They also drop the Silver Crow, but this mob drops the Blue Lumati, instead of the Green. I'll pass.

This gorgeous White Calaf was also on the list.
    [​IMG]

The next Ice Box held 10 Red Bean Sundaes, which grant us two thousand MP!! Needless to say we can't get the full use out of them right now, so it'll be expedient to hold on to them for a while. But at this point, our Use inventory was hanging by a thread. So, it was time to buy another row. We have less than two levels until the next one at least.

Okay, so there's the Silver Crow.
    [​IMG]

Took enough time to get one from the wild! Don't know if I mentioned this already but Aescavon ended up buying his from the FM.

Jr. Seal gave us another Bowman equip.
    [​IMG]

After a very long delay, we finally picked up the last card at 01:44.
    [​IMG]

I'm really tired of having card #5 take so long to drop at the recent. Surely this can't continue, yes?

Anyway, the next map, Red Coral Forest, has these seals which launch deadly ice lasers.
    [​IMG]

However since they don't appear on the ground floor between the portals, we can pass this map for now and see what lies beyond. Turns out that Turban Shell Hill has a similar situation! Therefore, we can skip all of that nonsense and fight just these two at:
    [​IMG]

XP rate here is passable. The card rate is...not really. But we did get one within twenty minutes, so there ya go.
    [​IMG]

But thanks to a great turn of fortune the next two Freezer cards took - I kid you not - five minutes.

The strategy that developed at this point was quite close to that used against the Poopas. Namely, hit some and gather them together. This is possible ONLY because we can swim above them AND there are only two platforms.

So anyway, the first equip we got was - okay so I couldn't get a screenshot because someone came past really quick. Celestalia had to scoop it up and move over a map to get an actual picture.

It wasn't until she got there that she realized exactly what was lying on the sand in front of her.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 2
  16. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXLI. The ThRNGderbolt Strikes

"May the RNG be with you"
    -Kimmy

The reign of the MWAV2K is over.
    [​IMG]

I'm stunned at how paramount Aqua Road is going to turn out to be for the campaign. We actually now have a fighting chance against Athena. Think about that! We just need the Lumati and I can actually feel slightly comfortable about the battle.
    [​IMG]

Celestalia ran her fingers over the Sapphire finish of the Olympus. It felt smooth and silky, although the bow overall is a bit heavier than the Vaulter. It fires about the same, but definitely has more weight to it. She interpreted that as meaning it would kill things easier. Which is sort of true.
    [​IMG]

Eh. A bit hard to tell when the view is getting obstructed by a friggin' card! Oh well, at least we get a drop table. Freezer's only equip of note is the Green Maro, which might give us an extra point of DEX or so. I don't really care all that much.

Shortly after that, the guild Canadore invited the alliance to the FM for a group photo! Although we're not usually allowed in FM, Celestalia isn't doing anything conspicuous here. So why not!
    [​IMG]
    Fishing requires serious dedication and...not being distracted by shenanigans. MapleF3

Back in action, we hit a Sparker for 2189 which I have no idea if that's the actual Top Hit, but it certainly sounds like it. We also got a card from it!
    [​IMG]

That one on the far right completes the set for Freezer.
    [​IMG]

Which also means we can finish this side of Aqua Road at Turban Shell Hill, which has only Sparker...and Poison Poopa. But this map has only four platforms of Sparker, and so we just go around them and repeat until all five cards are won. Easy!

The first of the remaining four cards comes at 03:04. Some minutes later Celestalia attempts to fend off a marauding Poison Poopa, and gets a Level 50 Blue Moon Pants off of it. >_> That was followed by a Crescent Polearm from Sparker. Aqua Road sure loves their weapons.

At about 03:24 Sparker decided to drop a Stimulator which meant our Etc. inventory was fully loaded. So we took a 15-minute trip to and from Orbis to settle that and also store a few ores.

We came back, and it turns out that Sparker wasn't done giving us interesting Bowman drops:
    [​IMG]

Not a great copy, everything was worse than our top. Still, it makes me wonder why I didn't try coming down here earlier!

...Okay not really, the answer is Jr. Pepe. But it makes me wonder why I didn't try pressing Krappy for cards!

...Okay not really, the answer is a lack of mana pots.

Right, so, we got the third card up at 03:54.

The next equip of interest is this one which I don't think I've seen before.
    [​IMG]

The Brown Royce, Level 50 Pirate Glove. Looks like almost every other Pirate glove. Moving on.

So at 04:08 we pick up card #4. Would you BELIEVE that Sparker only drops seven equips? I'll list them for you. We have seen already the Olympus, the Dark Piettra set (2), the Brown Royce, and the Crescent Polearm. That just leaves the Dark Avarice and a weird Level 47 Helmet called the Emerald Dome. This is the most random Level requirement I've ever heard of.

Anyway the next drop we got was another Dark Piettra, which was somehow even worse than the first one. :confused:

That's fine though because we managed to close it out before the middle of the hour.
    [​IMG]

And with that Celestalia was able to swim to the safe harbor of the Aquarium.
    [​IMG]

What a magnificent scene! The underwater architecture of fine pearl and seafloor rock has a mystique unique among the Maple World's many settlements. I've just noticed that the windows glow different colors - flashing between purple, blue, and yellow.

While there are no real places to overnight here, the Center Hall has a really nice bench at the northwest corner. The light nearby keeps it warm enough, so Celestalia could sleep fairly comfortably. She just needed a pillow, but thankfully she had the right kind of equips for it! All it took this time was the White Calaf and the Blue Moon Pants, which could fit neatly inside the robe. The soft silks of the Calaf made for a great headrest.
    [​IMG]
    Much better quality than a White Split Skirt with feathers inside it, no?

The Huntress had surprisingly little to think about as she began dozing off underneath the soft white light of the conch shell lamp. With the Olympus securely in her possession, and the hardest part of this stretch finished, she felt like things were truly beginning to look up. The addition of Watermelons, Ice pops, and Sundaes to our grand arsenal is another amazing bonus that we will surely be utilizing for months to come. And I forgot to mention that Sparker has been dropping Elixir this whole time; we have over two stacks of those now.

Thanks again Kimmy, for your blessing on DiscordFoxLove

In the next installment, we return to the eastern leg of Aqua Road and attempt to finish things off! Stay tuned.

• Like Like x 2
  17. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXLII. Finishing the Underwater Tour

I should announce at this point that Celestalia will be campaigning through tomorrow night. That means we have a very good look at getting the 3rd Monster Book Ring in this long weekend.

If not tonight. We're starting a bit earlier than usual, around 01:20.

So the first of the remaining three marine mobs is:
    [​IMG]

...Uhh, not very sturdy, apparently. They have so little HP (1000) that we often OHKO them, and with how slow they move the gather + Arrow Bomb strategy takes a while to develop. So we alternated between that and regular arrow. There is something interesting here though: the Mask Fish like to congregate at the very left of the map at the Aquarium portal. So we get some free Arrow Bombs there.

Our first two equips were both Sapphire Fitted Mails. The next two ended up dropping simultaneously!
    [​IMG]

Oh boy, another Korean Fan. This one was 50/4/6. Yawn. On we go.

Card #1 dropped after nearly an entire Air Bubble. That's about how slow this map is.
    [​IMG]

It was another half a bubble later that we got the next drop. Boy is it a strange one.
    [​IMG]

This Colorful Tube is Level 70. It has...80 Weapon Attack, which is fairly good. More critically, it has 11 Jump. We've finally found a worthy successor to the Gold Surfboard! (Still have it by the way MapleF3)

At 01:48 we get the second card. The third and fourth cards came right after one another a bit later, as an Assassin came into the map. We gave him some helpful advice, introduced him to the journal, and sent him on his merry way to bed.
    [​IMG]

Oh and Celestalia also unloaded a huge amount of equips on him to save a 30+ minute trip to and from Victoria. Cunning Huntress even though that move probably lost us in the six figures. On the other hand, we did pass a Glove DEX 60%. One more and the Dark Brace can officially replace the DEX +5 Dark Savata!

Right after that a Priest came into the map and a card dropped for her. Unfortunately we can't take that one, so to avoid any unfortunate incidents Celestalia CCd. Good thing we did, because the last card appeared within two minutes.
    [​IMG]

1 hour in, 1 set down. Next map please:
    [​IMG]

Krip is even easier, in fact we're back in the Orange tier. Mask Fish having proven fairly flimsy itself, we shouldn't have much problem.

No, we won't have any problems. Not when we can farm snacks from these guys!
    [​IMG]

Fried Shrimp is a carbon copy of the Maple Special Bento - 500 HP and MP! I didn't know it was so powerful! I think we've just found another farming location. Is it superior to Shanghai? Well...I dunno. Not on this map it isn't, at least.

But oddly, even with not picking up Etc. drops, we didn't get on the board until around 02:35.
    [​IMG]

Once again it turned around, as within ten minutes we had picked up another three cards.

Wait a minute, this wasn't here before...
    [​IMG]

Oh. Uh-huh. Waaaait a minute, he's trying to defend the final card. GET HIM!!
    [​IMG]

Seruf did...absolutely nothing except give us a couple White Potions. Map won!
    [​IMG]

And our final opponent is once again Flower Fish.
    [​IMG]

Sand Castle Playground is a very vertical map, which normally is very bad, but it actually helps here since we swim faster vertically! Problem is Flower Fish kind of didn't want to drop the second card. Celestalia actually had to pull back to the Aquarium for a few minutes to give her fingers a rest. It wasn't until 03:35 that said card finally gave way. But when it did, momentum swung yet again in our favor. Card #3 was just two minutes behind. Card #4, another six. By 03:47 it was all over.
    [​IMG]

Upper Aqua Road has been conquered, and as promised we are one set away from Tier 3. So, wasting no time, Celestalia heads right, climbs the well and the Helios Tower, and takes two boat rides back to Ellinia to offload and prepare for the final fight which will get her to that sweet bonus.

Will she do it, and if so by whom? Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXLIII. Aquamarine

The choice for which mob to take on was pretty obvious. Wraith being ruled out due to how bonkers that map is, the easy choice is the skeleton dogs in the Excavation Site. You know, since we already have three cards for the weaker variant.
    [​IMG]

They are as ferocious as ever, which means we're going to need some true effort to pull this off quickly.

Within ten minutes Skeledog #4 landed.
    [​IMG]

So that's good news! And the drop table? Nothing. No big deal, we have bigger stat gains to worry about.

As an added bonus, we get the second Mummydog soon thereafter.

But at 04:45 this leg had also been concluded.
    [​IMG]

Dun-duh-duh-dunn!
    [​IMG]

Alright Rino, lay it on us!
    [​IMG]

Sounds good to me! This time, we need an Aquamarine. Pretty standard at this point what we do, so nothing too much to say. Celestalia ports to Perion, gets the refining done, cabs to Lith Harbor, and this fine specimen was the result.
    [​IMG]

I'm a bit disappointed with the HP and MP bonus, we just got another 50 and 25 respectively. Maybe next tier will give us more. Still, Rino is pretty optimistic about the possibilities. He says the ring could even have profound effects outside of battle! We shall see.

Anyway, we have a little bit of extra time, so Celestalia decided to poke around Land of Wild Boar for a bit to see if she could get another card or so off of Jr. Boogie. She stayed for over half an hour and, well, no dice. I'm seriously considering taking care of this set away from campaign hours. What do you think?

The good news was we picked up quite a bit more Ice Boxes, so now Celestalia has over a stack of Watermelons and Ice Pops each. In other words, we're pretty well set for what's ahead.

Now, as for tomorrow night's action. Well, there are certainly several avenues we can go down. I'm thinking Lunar Pixie is a good candidate. Completing that arm of Orbis Park will grant us a good chunk of prestige and maybe a look at some higher earrings, or a Level 60 perhaps? Who knows! But we've got to keep moving - the goal now is the Asiatic Bow, if indeed we have a shot at it. We won't know until we try.

In the next installment, our conquests continue at the Cloud City. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  19. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXLIV. Lunar Labor

So I did in fact camp out at Land of Wild Boar this afternoon. We were there for over three hours and got a total of two cards. Honestly, that's not bad. Means we only have to do that one more time, and a huge swath of Victoria Island becomes open to us!

Theoretically.

I have to admit though that I briefly entertained the idea of making Jr. Boogie optional. If they're not there the entire time, then why would they be an obstacle to conquest? More than that, we've already passed one map where there is such a mob: Dangerous Croko I, where the Kerning City Area Boss, Dyle, resides. But as I mentioned early on, bosses don't count towards regional conquest. Jr. Boogie is a regular mob, so it should. End of discussion. Besides, we have three cards for it now. Not a huge ask to get two more, especially since I have all of tomorrow too.

Now for today's events:
    [​IMG]
    The damage outfit returns after a long hiatus! Our range at this point is 400 ~ 700. No, that's not a rounding error, that's literally what it says.

Lunar Pixie is interesting. They shoot moons, which is understandable, but they also have a magic buff. Otherwise, very similar to Star Pixie.
    [​IMG]

The issue is the top half of this map is all Star Pixie. For what reason?!

Anyway, we start out by nailing a Lunar Pixie for 2207. We do it again on the next platform, where we also pick up our first card.
    [​IMG]

Then we went to vote which gave Celestalia some time to heal up, although I'd much prefer to cut down on our White Potion count to save some space for the Ice Box goodies.

The proceeding three cards came in a flurry in the ballpark of 15-20 minutes later.

Lunar Pixie's drop table had quite slim pickings but this was on it:
    [​IMG]

I know it's not very visible but it's a Blue-Lined Kismet. Incredible stats as well, just one off of WDef and Avoid from max stats. Celestalia would normally be quite angry at getting the Male Overall, but the Lumati will be a cinch to pick up once we hit 65. At least, she likes to think so. I frankly disagree.

While searching for the last card we upgraded our Top Hit twice, first to 2208 and then to 2223. At 00:43 the set was finished!
    [​IMG]

Fairly painless! Who is our next opponent?
    [​IMG]

Yeah, this is basically going to be a rehash of the first Nependeath. No problems here, just spray and hope for RNG.

Card #1 landed at 00:50.
    [​IMG]

Three minutes later, we ran out of experience points. Celestalia very nearly missed the screenshot for the second time in three levels :eek:
    [​IMG]

After this Celestalia switched her strategy to include this platform.
    [​IMG]

Basically, by running a clockwise circuit between this platform and the ground around it, we get a constant string of 3-4 Dark Nependeaths which should be faster than running back and forth. And we can snipe other ones while we're waiting for respawn.

While the system works well, it's still really slow - it took over 20 minutes to register the second card. Celestalia felt like she needed a break and so pulled out a snack.

Coming out of the break we get our first drop from Dark Nependeath, the Level 50 Blue China Pants.
    [​IMG]

Nearly identical to their male counterpart which we just used for a pillow filling.

Our Top Hit elevates again to 2256, and then the third card appears at 02:09. The very next mob to spawn at that location dropped card #4! And finally something even slightly deserving of our attention...
    [​IMG]

The Willow! This one isn't terrific (DEX +1 is the average) so let's go ahead and find one elsewhere.

Ten minutes later this one also was finished.
    [​IMG]

We'll cover Solar Pixie in the next installment. Stay tuned!

• Like Like x 1
  20. OP
    OP
    HouseAuburn

Aug 11, 2020
    Male
    Henesys
    [​IMG]
    PART CXLV. Arrow Into the Sun

The final fight of Cloud Park takes us to the leader of the Pixie Trio.
    [​IMG]

While the official name is Luster Pixie, 'Solar Pixie' works just as well. Their projectiles are enormous, and they deal terrific damage both magical and physical.

Something tells me this won't go on for all that long though.
    [​IMG]

As to solidify that point we slam one enemy for 2296 - which was promptly raised to 2309.

Okay, so the second card didn't come all that immediately. But we did continue with the Level 50 Thief showcase. Here is the Blue Goni Shoes!
    [​IMG]

They add 3 STR. Ummmm. Why? Just - who is going to add STR as a Bandit and miss out on all of the armor in favor of a line of daggers that has little use for the class.

(If you're out there, my apologies.)

Card #2 arrives at 02:46, followed by #3 at 02:58, and #4 at 03:08. Drop table is meh. Red Gore Boots though, that's pretty cool.

The final segment of the fight was a commendable display of defensive might by Luster Pixie, as the entirety of the Mana Elixir store was used up. But they had naught left in the tank as the Watermelon cannon were brought out. The surrender is arranged at 03:30. Cloud Park belongs to the Celestial Empire!
    [​IMG]

Celestalia went to the end of Cloud Park VI and then return scrolled to Orbis. It's back to Victoria Island to hopefully mop up the rest of the Jr. Boogie set! I'd do Copper Drake (which is next) but I'm not sure that we'll have enough time left to get it done.

There's one other item to mention. To make the 3rd Job Advancement, you need 1 Dark Crystal. These can be refined at Ludi pretty easily, but only strong monsters drop them. However, much to our great fortune, both Dark Nependeath and Luster Pixie are on that list! We just so happened to have picked up 11 Ore, and thus the above requirement is fulfilled before it was even a problem! That's really fortunate - if we were at 70 and had nothing, we might have risked throwing away the campaign by leveling prematurely. Although Luster Pixie probably would have provided the goods in a decent time.

Well anyway. We got the fourth Jr. Boogie card on the second pass through the map! That's incredible but means nothing. You can go literal hours without one dropping.

Between respawn times (5 minutes for the accuracy-dropper, 10 for the XP-dropper), Celestalia updated her world map. I'll show them but - huh? What do you mean it only took four passes for the last two cards?!?!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alrighty then! Time for the current state of the Empire!

First up as usual is Victoria Island.
    [​IMG]

Not many big changes here. Florina Beach is the most significant blob of green added. Blockers are Copper Drake, Mummydog (2/5), and Tortie. Not sure I'm going to touch the latter two without Arrow Rain, although Mummydog isn't entirely out of the question.

[​IMG]

With Jr. Boogie taken care of a huge patch of green is added to the Dungeon area. This stretch of seven maps runs from Deep Ant Tunnel I to Cave of Evil Eye IV. The next target is Drake, but don't forget about Dark Stone Golem in Sleepy Dungeon III. I will probably visit both of these areas prior to 70. I have a sneaking suspicion that one of the three golems drops the Asiatic Bow...

[​IMG]

Cloud Park and Orbis Tower both fully conquered. Looks great, but the next couple mobs are going to be difficult. Up top, Cellion, Lioner, and Grupin are formidable adversaries, and their density in those maps will put us to the test. I'd love to have Arrow Rain for them. Basically identical to the Wraith situation. I believe in El Nath, Jr. Yeti is our next opponent. It's Level 50 so it won't be that bad. But I've heard that the area in general is very difficult to conquer. We will likely be pouring a bunch of resources there in the future.

[​IMG]

Doesn't look like we've done much but in actuality there is only one opponent left within the Upper Clocktower, which as you probably know is Master Robo (1/5). I've been thinking about trying the upper level just to see if the rate there is any better. Korean Folk Town has the Level 45 Moon Bunny, which should be doable but I'm not sure how much benefit we'll get out of campaigning in the region. Eos Tower is not getting touched until we have Arrow Rain. So the plan of action for now is Master Robo and then maybe see if we can sneak in a few cards in the Lower Clocktower - Soul Teddy is Level 63 so they are definitely possible. Likely, we won't get the chance prior to the 3rd Job Advancement.

[​IMG]

This map will remain as it stands for at least a year. Deep Aqua Road is a behemoth that we will not in any circumstances attempt without significant strides in our fighting ability.

[​IMG]

Desert Giant blocks the way. They are about as annoying as Jr. Boogie in this regard; I'm still trying to determine whether we're blocked from the Hidden Street though. If not, then advancing here will be easy. Again, I don't see much benefit in doing so. Expect it to be some time before we come in and decimate everything sometime in the late 70s/early 80s. Who knows though, I might pop in much sooner than that if we run out of options elsewhere.

The final area, for which I don't have a visual, is Shanghai. I actually don't know how many maps in we are, Celestalia has yet to survey to the west. I do know we will eventually run into Goat, and getting cards from it is a pain. However, if we manage to clear Shanghai we might get access to a new region through Spinel. Perhaps a really good one...Zipangu even? So it's definitely worth a look at some point.

All in all: The Wars of the Sixexian Conquest have been wildly successful. We finished a grand total of eleven card sets this weekend, AND picked up the Olympus to boot! That is a total of 22 card sets, incidentally, since the Wars began. We can certainly go higher; and I don't know if the Lumati next level will really take all that long.

Anyway. Next up is the first and weakest of Victoria Island's draconic denizens. No surprise equips to stop us this time! See how the Huntress fares in the next session. Have a beautiful week!

(It's going to be a weird feeling when I have to start calling her Rangemaiden.)

• Like Like x 4