1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Mage 4th job Infinity skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dumbledore, Feb 24, 2017.

1. dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    6:43 AM
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The skill "infinity" now gives 40 seconds of free mp use, and has a cooldown of 10 minutes, which makes this skill not really worth it. I would like to see the cooldown halved or the free mp time doubled, or something else in that direction. The skill, as it is now, is quite useless.

• Like Like x 3
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    10:43 PM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Wouldn't it be way too OP?

3. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I dont think 40 seconds/ 5 min cd or 80 seconds/10 min cd would make the skill OP. If it does, then the skill can get another rate, but the rate it has now isnt making the skill usefull. In 40 seconds a mage can cast like 8 ultimates (not sure, a guess), saving like 3 white ginger ales or something. So the skill will make a mage save like 18 ginger ales an hour now at max, which is like nothing.

• Like Like x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The skill as it is now, saves 40/600=6,6% of total mp used, when max. The rate 40/300=13,3% would be better and more fair, considering infinity is a 4th job skill.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    12:43 AM
    Slave
    It's closer to 13 casts in 40s but, that's assuming no KB or TP but that's unlikely so... yeah probs something like 8-10 in 40s?

6. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    12:43 PM
    Aren't you able to max all your 4th job skills at level 200? Free mana is still better than nothing.

Mana pots are already cheap as it is, and mages (especially Bishops) can earn money from spamming their ults, I don't see a reason why that skill needs to be made cheaper. If anything, it should be the opposite.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Yeah well FYI, I plan on putting points into this skill dead last.

And I think the fact that NLC pots exist, plus MP washing makes the skill even more useless.

Wait, I have a better idea. I should just put points in explosion instead of infinity.

8. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    Lol Explosion.

9. FwuffyMilk

FwuffyMilk Blue Snail

Dec 20, 2016
    Male
    FwuffyMilk
    Night Lord
    Nebula
    This skill saves you around 100-150k mesos a hour (For average 2 cast per potion) on top of your already super high income.. there is 0 need for a buff on this skill.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    1:43 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Who even remembers to use this skill?
    I know for a fact I used it about 10 times in all my time grinding to 200 OnionWhatever

And I had it maxed by 160ish or some shit like that....

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    You realize a net gain of like 100k an hour for high level characters is like... nothing, right?

12. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    12:43 PM
    Infinity is designed to allow mages to spam ults for a short period, which would be a big thing if mages actually lost money while casting it normally. Unfortunately due to inflation and the wonderful idea known as NLC pots, this isn't the case. Looks like Infinity is the new Final Attack.

13. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    1:43 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs

I.....I never let that skills cooldown idle!

and yes, i spam free 40sec/10min. means, saving 6.7% of pot fee saving.....i think not bad..?
    (see, MP eater comes completely useless when you one shot mobs. it doesn't work for one shot killing L O L)

I used more than 2b for whole my mage life buying pot. assuming with this, I saved at least approx 120mil....whoa.... I think i love my infinity hehe
    ye, at least infinity have "small" usefulness. I agree it's not "huge" or "awesome" but still can't agree it's completely "useless"

or...you guys hope infinity saves at least 50% or more of pot fee to be useful? I think it's too much....

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Eh, I think somewhere around 10% to 15% might be better. I pick that number from the skill Achilles.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    would be awesome! hehe, ye, sadly i don't think think buff on infinity is necessary but if it comes, I'd love it <3

• Like Like x 1
  16. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    I also agree with this, but I still don't know if this skill needs a buff. Mages are pretty nice as they are.

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well until AMs are defined by more than their ultimates and are considered useful on boss runs, they're not.

Bishops on the other hand are always welcome on boss runs, so they are fine. ;)

18. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    The only way I see to make AMs useful on boss runs is to buff their CL/Paralyze a bit (and MR, but see other post). Ele amp buff would make ultimates too OP

19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I agree AM need dpm boost for bossing but curioused, have you been rejected for bossing for reason of being AM...? fortunately I haven't. seems i was lucky :confused:..... whenever i asked to join as AM they just said "stfu and come better than not" and i saved their asses with my ultimate meteor/blizz quick summon clearing. I never felt i was "useless" in there.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2017
  20. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    That's mainly because this server isn't so WS-Chaos heavy and in part because the community is both small as well as accepting. The closer a smaller server gets to being a "perfectionist" server where too many resources that make good (e.g. like 15+ att) "end-game" equipment very easy to obtain, people become accustomed to faster (think turboooo, yes, that's a Demure joke but that's besides the point) boss times and want to only optimize. Fortunately, this server is not like that so we are able to have mages in Boss runs. However, there still remains the case that Ult-spamming at boss is not viable cuz some people (like me) have potatoes and it's not exactly good DPS/DPM.