1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Change Mage 4th job Infinity skill

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by dumbledore, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    7:09 AM
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    OnionKicked
    They dont want u cuz u would get banned the first min u enterOnionthehehe

• Like Like x 2
  2. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:09 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    No, haven't been rejected simply due to being an AM. The server community is rather small/friendly.

But I know I don't contribute much, and no one will really care if I come, don't come, dc, or die. In short, let's just say no one's ever invited me. I always have to ask if I can come, and basically tag along, and because I don't really contribute much of anything, can't expect to get anything for free unless it's extra.

3. FwuffyMilk

FwuffyMilk Blue Snail

Dec 20, 2016
    Male
    1:09 AM
    FwuffyMilk
    Night Lord
    Nebula
    I am pretty sure you can expect to get your HTP+Egg and Meteor 30 if you tag along all the time.. You still do a few mil DPM on single target (1mil dpm on my bishop. Should be higher for FP/IL), much MUCH higher if you are able to aoe during the body (10-15 mil DPM on my bishop).

Mages do more damage then warriors at zak arms and can clear mobs. You are not useless at bosses, yes your job can be replaced, but you still bring value to a boss run (Zak/HT). So you got aoe spam skill... that gives you highest EPH and MPH (meso per hour) in game. You have value at bosses. What else do you want?

4. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    2:09 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    #1 on everythings w/o meteor and blizz cuz i'm ambitious. I hope they can't do anything w/o my appliance so I can feel i'm important guy.

[​IMG]

but is there any ppl who can't be "replaced" or "skipped" except GMs? don't tell bishes. we did some run w/o them and that was fine anw. just was a bit harder. #YOLOlivesmatter

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  5. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

dumbledore Capt. Latanica

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, tbh I asked one of the two HT guilds yesterday if I could join a HT run yesterday and I got rejected to join because of being a mage. So I have to pay for joining a bossrun, because mages are useless in bossrun they say (or maybe for not being part of the guild??). So this IS a problem.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    No, we feel super odd for inviting someone who we donno well, maybe that's why you had to be rejected, I guess. ask HiyoHiyo we rejected his appliance since he's mage. and you know? you're useful af if you can do 80k+ minimum dmg for ur meteor on neutral target, since it means, no need to be afraid for dem black wyvern (ohko), and it's REALLY HUGE thing. so means, 3~4m single dpm + fastest wyvern killer. that's FP. (IL sucks...cuz CL is multiple target skill which is basically forbidden) I don't know why you think "everybody hates me cos i'm mage" over and over. you know? we do HT run with 1~2m dpm ppls also. (maybe that's why we're sucks ahaha). reason why we were timid for inviting you was, none of us knew you well, I guess so.

btw, if you srsly planning to join HT, make sure to get at least 2.1k+ base HP. wyverns dispel attack does "MG remove -> 1.8~1.9k dmg" at once, which is inevitable death if you have base HP below it, and if you can't one hit them. and we have no active bish tbh. maybe faisal knows well what tragedy happened in his last run.

Personally, I think, mages "MUST" ohko dark wyverns, to apply HT. (means, at least 16x~17x lvl.) but i know this is quite high huddle.

• Like Like x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well, I didnt hear anything about Halcyon yet, but if what you say is true that I got rejected there as well, then there is no guild left who wants me in one of their HT runs. What you are telling me about requirements and stuff, well I got all and never did a Horntail... Well then, I guess I will have to pay to get that HT kill for a quest. =(

8. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Ouch! i thought you mentioned flavor alliance case L O L

we were OK to help you finish that dem stupid HT quest since we fking love and admire questers. but for HTP and MW, we're in disccusion, maybe you need to pay a bit for HTP(but not much, we're thinking quite small amount, compared with common sense, can't reveal atm). paying $ for quest? not at all. it's stupid idea ever.... and for MW, there'are many ppls waiting for it so once you get into our group, would take a long time to actually get mw tbh.

ye, we're in discussing. and sorry for huge delay, we ask "all members opinion" for it and it takes time e.e......

Spoiler : I didn't see any objection for you yet, just most of members said "who dafuq he is?" and "not knowing" means, not rejection, since it's always nice to meet nice new friend.

9. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I totally understand that if I want a pendant that I have to pay, that totally makes sense since the same counts for zhelms.

10. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    so I guess, this will be go like this

1. if you just want to join 1 time for htp+quest, you may need to pay for it. not for quest, but for htp.

2. if you want to join regular team members and be slave of Sam_VoshSam_Vosh (LOL!), if none of us reject you, you'll be gladly welcomed and get torture with us muhahahaha, and in that case, you don't need to pay for it. (honestly, we haven't sold htp yet, since we treat it as squad members signiture and certificate of being slave ahaha). just, we're timid for recruiting ppls we don't know well, i know this may sucks...... I apologize for this. but I can surely tell you - once you enter as member, what we ask to you is ur effort and sweat, not TT. there's no biased view based on class. i'm so proud and happy that i can surely tell this. THERE'S NO. ofc, you should prepare urself for HT run at least.

3. Demure runs much better than us tbh. i won't say lie. we're scrubs

4. i'm sure i'll get wet if you ohko fking dark wyvern and save our asses from terror of dispel

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    dumbledore

Oct 11, 2015
    Male
    Hogwarts
    dumbledore
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Glad to hear so

12. Library

Library Slimy

Nov 6, 2016
    Slave
    LOL.

13. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well if you want to require a mage to do 80k+ damage with meteor, kind of makes it hard to legitly "earn" anything by going on the runs if HT is the only way to get Meteor, Blizzard, and Genesis 30. So that is paying 70m~300m about on skillbooks trying to get that to pass and then acheiving 16x~17x without MW or HTP... while I'm sure every other NL and bishop gets them priority for being so important to the run.

And the only classes that the wyverns pose a threat to are, again, the mages. And bishops I suppose since they also rely on MG.

14. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Dude that's all what we did and do Q.Q...... I'm still mwless on my both mage. all lv.200 bishes in this server are mwless also. just...... this server isn't pumped enough yet for MW20 books to distribute to everyones. I know we're salt for mw20. but in my calc, we're making only 1 chara/month for mw20......*sob*

and there's tricky way to deal with wyverns - get hit by side falling rocks, or just hug them, to avoid dispel attack with iframe. this works, and I really do this many times on my bish.

and wyvern is terror for everybody who has less than 7.2k base hp, or 7.7k base hp. means, to "ignore" wyverns HB dispelling, you need to HP wash like crazy, which most ppls don't.

I'd say, your guild is already literally doing "best HT run" in this server. why you don't join and being salty? i can't understand.

15. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Trust me that, without Meso Guard i insta die, just saying o.o

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    At least the dispel attack does damage to you and provides invincibility frames, right? You can just put meso guard right back up, and get HB too in the meantime. At least, if you're paying attention and not lagging...

Mages get pretty shafted on these dispel attacks though. It seems like either they don't cause damage, which causes the attack of ANOTHER mob or boss to instantly hit them for huge damage, or the dispel attack removes all buffs and THEN applies the damage.

CozyCozy Maybe get a full time job and you will understand.

17. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs

If i was short for time to play ML than i'd just take it slow or just giveup, instead of complaining. and having no full time job doesn't mean he/she failed to get job, unfortunately for you. I quit ML for a year cos i had full time job also, but i didn't complained for " i can't join HT run with my lovely cozy v1 and mage is terrible " under that reason. yes, I had no any single moment to play ML so i quit. and now? I have no reason to work. (and due to some private reason, i can't work, at least, for 3~4 years).

Having full time job isn't right reason to ask buff in game, or ignoring someones opinion. I thought you're clever enough to do what is written on ur signature in right way, seems I was wrong, sadly.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Well my job doesn't have anything to do with a small buff to infinity that would make it more comparable to other skills.

And I'm also not entirely ignoring your opinion. I'm just shooting back at you calling me "salty". Cause what, you have the right to say shit like that too just cause I disagree?

No, but the fact is I'd probably be going on a lot more runs with Demure if I was actually online when everyone else was. My availability is reduced, and of course everyone else in other guilds is super-paranoid. Despite the fact that we are a called a "tight-knit" community, and most people should know who dumbiedore and I am...

But the fact that my main char is a mage means no one really gives two shits if I am on or not when they want to start up a boss run. I'm positive no one even thinks about it. It's all about who the DPS are, who has SE, who is priest, who is HB. So it's not even that I'm complaining that I just can't get in a boss run. I'm just arguing the point that mage simply isn't wanted.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I do want a mage deadly, who can save our asses from terror of that fking wyverns, and doesn't make issue which I think it's stupid.

not a lie.

20. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    It's a shame that you're spot on about mages during boss runs. Particularly, horntail (and pianus) is terrible for mages, in zakum mages can actually put out respectable dps (especially during arms)