1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Poll: Boat rides/Travel duration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Nov 30, 2015.

<READ THREAD FIRST> What's your current opinion on travel duration on MapleLegends?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2015.
  1. It's fine as it is.

67 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. The waiting time and travel time is too long

65 vote(s)
    44.5%
  3. Neutral

14 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    12:08 PM
    Moderator Post
    With one poll that ended, and one ending tomorrow, here's another one. Community polls are created lately to get the feedback out of our community, to create ways for our community to enjoy MapleLegends even more.

Boat travel and transportation duration is currently the same as how it was in GMS. The original idea of this is for people meet new users on rides and play Omok during rides. However, our server is just not.. as big yet as it is, and people are often to always just alone on the boat, which totally destroys the purpose.

What is your current opinion on how travel works? Is it fine as how it is, or do you think its a bit.. too long?

If you are a veteran user and do not use the rides anymore, be honest anyway. What did you fell back when you were a low level how the travel was?

Like always the poll stays up for 7 days, same disclaimer apply that the poll results DO NOT decide what is going to happen, and is purely for community feedback.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    As feedback, maybe add a Undecided option for the next poll? For some reason I feel like it shows my support when I vote, so I do, yet I dont really have a strong opinion about this poll xP. Luckely normally 1 vote doesnt change the result.

3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Sure. Added a neutral option.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    11:08 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    The only time that I felt that the travel times were too long was when I was doing the NLC exchange quest. nlc > omega > nlc > ludi > nlc (why Neckson)

5. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Also since we have free nx everyday, I think if people really dont want to wait 10 minutes they can tp rock? I don't really mind if it is changed but I don't really see a problem. Though the point Kim makes is valid, I am alone on the boat 9/10 times.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    6:08 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    I think everything should be kept the same for that initial nostalgic value. Afterwards, people usually don't have to wait 10 minutes to go back from orbis to ellinia as there is the leafre seed portal. I do think though that the ride to ludi should be shorter.

7. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    I wouldnt like it at all, would make the game too easy imo.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    How would this make the game easier if I may ask?

Edit: Ur reasoning=> less time consuming=easier?

9. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    well yea.. One of the things i like about old maple is how you need to spend alot of time to progress in the game, rather than just hitting 200 instantly like in new maple. Things being time consuming makes the game harder and more rewarding / fun to play imo.
    Some quests would also be too easy, like the alcaster quest and NLC quests. I think that they should be time consuming because the rewards they give are quite good.

• Like Like x 2
  10. Boggyb

Boggyb Master Chronos

Jul 28, 2015
    Male
    Pauldaniels
    Bishop
    Misfits
    It would be nice to add a premium travel option or something. Maybe pay 500k to skip ellinia-orbis and other similar ideas. Then it can double as a meso sink OnionPerfect

11. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    This is a very good idea in my opinion, I love this event but I kinda hoped they would have sold vip rocks in fm. Im not sure but I think noone is going to/has bought a owl for 999k while I would certainly buy a couple of tp rocks for 999k.

12. Spooky

Spooky Brown Teddy

Mar 27, 2015
    Not sure how to put this into words, but the boat rides complement the low rate progression of Legends

I understand the population is a bit lower at he moment and it weakens the social aspect of the rides, but it should be good once the server has ~300 players daily

13. Ryan

Ryan Slimy

Apr 7, 2015
    Male
    Michigan
    7:08 AM
    Ryan
    Hero
    Project
    The only instance where I would like boat travel to be faster would be from Leafre to Orbis for the sole purpose of making it to a zak run on time.
    You could implement this by charging a pretty large amount of mesos for the instant teleportation to Orbis. Possibly around 3-5 mil?

• Like Like x 2
  14. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Instead of doing instant warps, I'd reccomend making all boat times a shorter time.. Maybe 3 minutes per ride all around and make the wait time shorter/non existant.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Wafflehead

Wafflehead Mano

Nov 9, 2015
    Male
    Singapore
    7:08 PM
    Wafflehead
    Crusader
    The travelling time isn't so much of a problem compared to the waiting time between rides, tbh. Maybe keep all rides between continents at a consistent 5 minutes or less, and slash the waiting times somewhat?

• Like Like x 3
  16. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    opportunity for meso sink?

Regular ride = ticket cost + time
    Instant warp = ticket cost + 100k or something?

• Like Like x 1
  17. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    2:08 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    I dont think 100k is enough, for example, if you miss the ship from elimia to orbis then it will take about 15mins before u can go there, and then there is another ship to leafre. By the time you get there i think mages can already make that money up while grinding. I think it is needed like 3-5 mil like some1 above said, which makes people still want to wait for the boat, or rich people that are in a hurry can pay for it. This wasnt for you specifically but an example for other people aswell which if there is a way to instant warp it should cost more.

• Like Like x 5
  18. Loon

Loon Slime

May 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada
    Krypton, Oink
    I also really like the idea of using this as a potential opportunity for a small meso sink. "Premium rides" for something like 500k. I think 100k might be a bit too cheap and people would just use it all the time.

19. Rawfodog

Rawfodog Chronos

Mar 18, 2015
    Norway
    Rawfodog / ItzMjauzzz / Foxy / Foxsky / TheBaker / ReaI
    I/L Wizard
    Project
    ewwwww! no! why! just please don't :c

• Like Like x 1
  20. Invincible

Invincible Brown Teddy

Mar 17, 2015
    Male
    Canada/Quebec
    Invincible
    Bishop
    Honor
    It should be shorter for now, when we get enough player (Around 200+ on average) then i guess it will worth to be same as it was on GMS, but right now you can barely meet anyone when you travel soo its just annoying to wait all this time.