1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Community Poll: Boat rides/Travel duration

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Nov 30, 2015.

<READ THREAD FIRST> What's your current opinion on travel duration on MapleLegends?

Poll closed Dec 7, 2015.
  1. It's fine as it is.

67 vote(s)
    45.9%
  2. The waiting time and travel time is too long

65 vote(s)
    44.5%
  3. Neutral

14 vote(s)
    9.6%
  1. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    4:28 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Closest poll ever ;p

2. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    Might aswell add a premium option to pay 1m for an instant level, because leveling is just time consuming, right?
    I know its a bad argument because its not the same as boat rides. i know that grinding is gameplay and boat rides and travel times are just afking. Kim has a good point, but i still think it would just make things too easy.

• Like Like x 5
  3. TumTum

TumTum King Slime

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Well isn't leech something like a premium option to pay for almost instant levels?
    As long as ur a low lvl ofc

• Like Like x 2
  4. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    Well kinda, but it still takes time and effort, and its quite expensive :p I guess you need to work for your mesos anyway, so paying for instant travel wouldn't be too bad, since you still have to work for it, I still think insta travels would be too easy unless, as said above, you need to pay a few mil.

5. Cohort

Cohort Timer

Nov 8, 2015
    Male
    3:28 PM
    Cohort
    Thief
    When you have a different time zone, and you barely see any people in game and on web it says 80 online, board rides are just boring.

If sometime we get 200 online on a morning i would love to have people talking and playing cards/omok on boat rides :)

6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Then I dont think anyone will use it, you will need to find the right balance within the price. I believe something from 0.08-0.12 mil per minute would be perfect.

7. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I feel like this discussion is drifting in the wrong direction though. Although I think immediate travel for mesos is an amazing idea, this thread was made for discussing travel times (for everyone not rich people). Low level players for sure wont use this fast travel option and therefor this mesos sink discussion is at the wrong thread?!?

Lets go back to discussing travel times without changing the costs of rides?

8. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    OnionConfused

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  9. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    10:28 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    3-5mil seems very biased towards the higher levels.. what about new players that want this option because they don't care too much for boat rides, just like the thanksgiving event ... 1m per owl is outrageous for a new player, they have it hard enough with the economy being all messed up(its getting better, slowly) maybe like 500k would suffice per "premium" boat ride.

11. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Or not?

12. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Realistic thinking levling isn't the only thing you do. When you grind you also earn mesos, drops, etc. If you had a thing like that than you may be able to get 5 levels up right away, but you end up with no funds at all for things such as good equips.

Oh wait.. you already have something like that. You can pay someone mesos so you level up without doing anything but hang on a ladder...!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  13. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    We all saw what you edited away there Kappa...

14. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    ok i take back what i said, screw having opinions. im gonna stop talking now FeelsBadMan

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I wasn't 100% serious. If you make a non 100% serious joke, expect one in return. I got your opinion and I see what you mean. Once again, this poll was purely made to see what community think. I have currently no plans to change it around specially.

16. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    5:28 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    Well ofcourse, you were talking about meso sink, which have nothing to do with the lower levels pocket money. Sorry i am swaying from op main idea. Anyways im against this option anyways, i see boat rides as a little break, where you dont sit on the computer without taking any breaks. And it shouldnt hurt anybody because its even among all players. Both high and lower level players have to wait, and when money comes in its not balanced anymore.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Martin

Martin Selkie Jr.

May 6, 2015
    Retired legendary player
    i lack social skills ok

• Like Like x 1
  18. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    9:28 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Agreed, boat rides can be great sometimes as it can prompt a break. And sometimes, you can meet someone great, just as i met hurricane (chiefbandit) on a boat ride one day :)

• Like Like x 2
  19. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Dude that gate is amazing 0-0...

20. Leslie

Leslie Dark Stone Golem

Jan 4, 2015
    Female
    Joo Won's Bedroom
    10:28 AM
    In GMS I used to play on channels with low populations. I do that here too. I like long boat rides even though I'm a bit anti-social. They are nice in and of themselves. I usually use them as an opportunity to attend to something IRL (get a glass a water, play with my cat, clean something up). It breaks up my game play enough so that I'm not sitting at my computer for hours and hours on end. While I enjoy the occasional match cards with strangers on a boat, meeting people isn't the only good thing about long boat rides.

ChiefBanditChiefBandit already mentioned this but... I wanted to chime in anyway. SlimeWink I guess you're my guild leader for a reason.

P.S. #NoToEverything, #WeCan'tHaveNiceThings, #Nostalgia SlimeEvil

• Like Like x 3