1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

D&D Legends

Discussion in 'Community' started by Yatayata, Jul 31, 2018.

1. Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    2:09 AM
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    !!!HYPE!!!
    Hello everyone! Neighborhood Toast Girl here and I was thinking, why not run D&D in Legends? Wait whaaaaa!?!?! That's right you beautiful human! D&D in Maple Story! But how would we do this you ask? Simple: There is a Dice Roll feature in the game so we will just use that! I want to get a group (or a couple different ones) and run a D&D game in Maple.

The majority will be texted base, while also using a thread (Maybe this one) to share images/maps to players. The storyline I have planned for this D&D game is actually based in the Maple World! How neat!

If you're interested in playing, let me know here! Also we can use this thread to share things D&D related and meet others that play this fun hobby of ours. I have been playing since 2nd edition so I have tons of stories. If you'd like to run a game yourself for other Maplers, post here that you're willing to DM your own game and maybe you can find players!

I hope to meet many of you fun D&Ders and I look forward to starting this game up. WHO WANTS TO ROLL SOME DICE!?!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  2. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    11:09 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    J>PQ

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Qwiox

Qwiox Mr. Anchor

Dec 20, 2017
    Male
    Los Angeles
    GhenghisKhan
    Hero
    Beaters
    I'm actually really interested in this. I've always wanted to play but was too intimidated to go to my local game center. Sign me up!

• Like Like x 2
  4. ProTato

ProTato Windraider

Jun 27, 2017
    Canada
    SweetTato
    Night Lord
    Honor
    I have never had a D&D game before, but I have heard of it. Would be interested in joining MapleF14

• Like Like x 1
  5. yogevmiz

yogevmiz Slime

Oct 4, 2016
    Male
    Israel
    9:09 AM
    Jinchuriki
    Bishop
    Sound very intresting and I would love to join. It been years since I last played D&D (as a player and as a DM) and I only played the 3.5 ver.

6. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:09 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    I'm curious what you have in store and would be interested. I take it you're running the game?

7. merky

merky Mr. Anchor

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    2:09 PM
    Crusader
    *already rolling for initiative*

8. OP
    OP
    Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    So just an update on some things:

-I am looking to play 5th edition. I was juggling between 5th or 3.5, but I decided I wanted a more story driven game, not a numbers game.

-I am going to be recording the game chat logs so I can go through them, clean them up, and post them in a narrative type way for the community to look over and follow if they wish.

-The dice function of Legends works fantastically. So should be no issues.

-Since the game will be heavily text based, I am only looking to have 4 people in the first group to make sure combat and such goes smoothly.

-The story will be placed in the Maple World so I have converted monsters in the books into Maple Monsters. With that said. Games will be played in maps related to the position the characters left off in. Making it more scenic.

-more details to come soon

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Cyfex

Cyfex Mano

Apr 24, 2018
    Male
    Cyfex
    Buccaneer
    Count me in. Sounds like fun! :D

10. Areckusu

Areckusu Blue Snail

May 30, 2018
    Male
    Areckusu
    Corsair
    ThotzRUs
    Same, sounds interesting I wanna join in :D

11. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    12:09 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Hm. Just like any other d&d games one might try to play on some sort of forums, dead before it even starts.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  12. FeroxAnima

FeroxAnima Web Developer Staff Member Web Developer

Dec 29, 2017
    Male
    9:09 AM
    Zelretch/HerSlave
    Bishop
    Horny/Muse
    Well... if it does happen, I'd be interested x) Haven't played D&D since like grade 6 and I'vr been wanting to for about as long ;-;

13. OP
    OP
    Yatayata

Yatayata Mixed Golem

Jan 19, 2018
    Female
    Yatayata
    Brawler
    Abyss
    Still getting things worked out for the game. Sorry for the dead post a bit. Real life came knocking a bit. But should be good to run a game soon. Glad to see so much interest.

14. cobbages

cobbages Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Dec 11, 2019
    Male
    Maple Island
    Clearing
    Bandit
    None
    this is such a bomb idea! (in a good way)

• Agree Agree x 1