1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Dark Knight bitching thread

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Alyosha, Nov 21, 2019.

1. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    9:15 PM
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Giving it a decent attack also comes at the cost of likely putting in base dex as well. If you're running a MoN then I'm not sure if it's really possible to reach 125 dex with just gear, at least not without also forsaking attack/str gear, like not using a Red Christmas Sock or by wearing a dex overall.

If I went for optimizing that dex I don't think I could get over 100 from gear. It means I'd need to stick in another 20-25 on dex, which probably runs close to 4 attack worth of strength missing. Currently Dark Knights can just optimize everything around attack, and for the most part they're still good. That's what I put into consideration when I put up 110-112 attack max, because after accounting for the dex needed it's likely around 106-108 attack compared to a Sky Ski, along with having good synergism with other dex equips that Dark Knights currently forget about.

2. aaronis

aaronis Slimy

Jul 5, 2017
    Male
    Shadower
    Beaters
    i agree with all these suggestions, pls buff my hb mules before they all quit and im forced to play shadower again instead of night lord

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Apuntar

Apuntar Orange Mushroom

Sep 7, 2018
    Male
    OldSpear
    Dragon Knight
    California
    I think you guys are missing a point, even if they made the speargrave like 105att (max clean) with 125base dex req, it would still be worth it to farm it out.

The point of my suggestion is to have a farmable bossing spear, the dps increase would be and should be minimal. 125dex while keeping your base dex really low isn't hard.

I'm not trying to buffs drks outright, I just think giving the ability to farm a perfect weapon with the same speed as sky ski's would be the fair thing to the players who don't have the mesos to boom perfect spears that they have to buy or get in gach.

Also extensive testing should be done to make sure said spear isn't nutty or shit.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Ratsun

Ratsun Mano

Dec 29, 2018
    Male
    Ratsun
    Dragon Knight
    Im all for more potion options.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    12:15 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Make it so that DK lower hp =more dmg high risk reward gameplay
    Make it so that dk can stay 1hp for 10seconds

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    12:15 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    bump. LF> triangle sushi in ninja castle NPC

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. itzjaheezy

itzjaheezy Chronos

Sep 6, 2017
    Male
    Gitsniks
    Paladin
    Hazel
    Lets be honest skiis aren't as bad as Crushed Skulls back in the day, be glad your weapon doesn't cost 200m a pop, along with being more rare than gach rates(that everyone can potentially get) >.>

Disclaimer to those that think I'm tripping before the CWK changes

Crushed Skulls used to only be "farmable" from collecting Stormbreaker badges which had one of the lowest drop rates from all the badges, THEN you gotta "raffle" for a 1 in 8 or so chance to pull, THEN you gotta pray the damage was at least 118-120 from 110-120 Crushed Skull. Also you wouldn't see a single Crushed Skull that's 118-120 for MONTHS. I remember owling every day for 6 months straight just to see no Crushed Skull in the market.

So until your skiis are 200m a pop its honestly not so bad as it is right now. You don't know how bad it is. :^) So quit bitching and just be patient. I rather have the current end game weapon like NT Spear be buffed then see more skiis in the market since at least that way people can farm for it.

My 2 cents kekw

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  8. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    10:00 AM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I'm sorry but.. what? You're justifying sky skis being available exclusively from gacha and that it is a non-issue, at least not until it hits 200m for a perfect clean one, because perfect crushed skulls used to be more difficult to obtain?

I'd figure you'd understand us DrKs' plight instead of telling us to wait for our liberation from RNGesus.

However, I do agree with you in that the NT Spear should be buffed instead - why isn't an end game spear not the best spear? Huh?

9. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    It's moreso the skis are just random OP weapons that maplestory decided to plop into the game.
    They can be equipped by any class, and honestly don't fit in. (No other class uses a common weapon as their main weapon)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i sugesst dark knights able to wash above 30k hp to 50khp

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  11. MrPresident

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Bump for sushi

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. asdfjkliang

asdfjkliang Selkie Jr.

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Mirage
    Hero
    Influence
    Just make a hero :laughsinbrandish:

13. MrPresident

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
  14. MrPresident

Dec 19, 2017
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    I want to thank Oradious for providing me with a delectable sushi. I sure wish I could buy some more from an npc though. I'd honestly even spend the 2.1k that roots currently cost just to have a 20% potion because it'd be a significant QoL buff to drks and still significantly cheaper than cheese & milk. I doubt we'll see a change to sky ski's gach exclusivity or slow spear buffs to equal a random gach weapon so it would be nice to at least know if the HB mules of ML can get better pot selections.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    10:15 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    #FREESUSHI
    #FREESUSHI
    #FREESUSHI
    #FREESUSHI
    #FREESUSHI

16. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    I am hero and i feel very offensive.Dk do double hero dpm and have hb that get NLs and bms wet. I agree that we should add sushi but instead the vendor be hero mains. We get 1k sushi a day for free to sell to the dks. As form of payment

17. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    Heroes do ~5% more damage than Dark Knights do in absolutely max gear. And that's with a perfect zerk too. Dark Knights only look good because most of the modern Heroes are pepegas.

A lot of content punishes DPM if you aren't willing to drop significant money on Reindeer Milk. If Dark Knights are never given a cheaper alternative they will be significantly weaker than Heroes in almost every circumstance.

aka sushi bump

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. Jolly_Walker

Jolly_Walker Chronos

Jul 25, 2017
    Male
    JollyWalker
    I/L Arch Mage
  19. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRGkbnfggl8&t=366s

hey man u white my hero in perfect situation and have HB. This is vid of two warriors with end game gear. As you can see dark knight stronger with sharp eyes and maxed out. But you can have your sushi i like sushi.

20. OP
    OP
    Alyosha

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    What exactly is a random video of a different server with a completely different meta where we don't even see the gear/stats supposed to prove?

If you want some actual numbers in lieu of randomly trying to mislead people for attention then here you go.

1250 str/50 dex
    SE/SI/MW20/Echo
    134 att Sky Skis, 21 att gloves, 16 att cape, 10 att MoN, 7 att sock, 20 att pot = 218 attack + echo = 226.7 attack

1250 str/50 dex
    SE/SI/MW20/Echo
    148 att Flairgrave, 21 att gloves, 16 att cape, 10 att MoN, 7 att sock, 20 att pot = 232 attack + echo = 241.3 attack

For Dark Knights:
    Average DPM = [str x 5 x average mastery + dex] x w-att / 100 x ([Crusher Damage + SE damage] x SE-proc-chance + [Crusher Damage x SE-no-proc]) x Crusher-Lines x Zerk x Attacks-per-minute
    = [1250 x 5 x .86 + 50] x 226.7/100 x 1.91 x 3 x 2 x 74
    = 10.43mil dpm

For Heroes:
    Average DPM = [str x 4.6 x average mastery + dex] x w-att / 100 x ([Brandish + SE damage] x SE-proc-chance + [Brandish x SE-no-proc]) x Brandish-Lines x ACA x Attacks-per-minute
    = [1250 x 4.6 x .77 + 50] x 241.3/100 x 2.81 x 2 x 1.9 x 95.2
    = 10.98mil dpm

So in the same gear Heroes are 5.3% more damage.

As a Dark Knight, that's fine. Nobody here was even bitching about the slightly less damage. Dark Knights just want easier access to that damage.

• Agree Agree x 7