1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pirate Davi's Buccanner Bible : New Testament

Discussion in 'Jobs' started by shot, May 20, 2018.

1. shot

shot Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    8:40 AM
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    WARNING: This guide is meant to be served as a complement to KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove 's guide in which can be found here. Please refer to her guide first before reading this one!

Even though KurayamiLoveKurayamiLove 's guide was still active as I started leveling up my character, I often had some questions unanswered that I had to figure out on my own. And now that I am considered as top 1% of active buccaneers on this server, I wanted to create this guide to fill in the gaps that I wish the original post had. By no means I consider myself as experienced buccaneer- I still have a lot more to learn. However, I am hoping that sharing all my knowledge I have will further help other aspiring buccaneers to prevent my same mistakes from happening again.

Anyways, lets begin!

Abstract
    Buccaneer is the name of fourth job for one of the pirate class, and can be described as a hybrid between a shadower and warrior- we are one of two classes that utilizes invincibility frame while having higher than average HP pool to deal damage up close. We use knuckles to damage mobs, with STR being our main stat to deal more damage. DEX is also used as a secondary stat, but we only need just enough so that we can equip our end game gears. Buccaneers are known for having flashy skills combined with very useful party buffs that comes in handy in end game bosses like Horntail. However, our dpm (damage per minute) is a little behind compared to other classes, making it unappealing to have more than 1 buccaneer in a single party.

Buccaneer VS Corsair
    Both buccaneer and corsair are part of pirate class, meaning you get to choose which path you want to go in a second job. Buccaneers use STR with knuckle as their main weapon while corsairs use DEX and a gun to deal damage at range. Both class has its ups and downs and its up to one's personal preference on which path you want to go for. For example, buccaneer is known as a support class, meaning our job is to increase the potential dpm of people in the party, with having great mobbing skills to train efficiently. On the other hand, corsairs use their ships to deal a significant amount of damage against single-target bosses, with downside being having no party buffs to help out the party and much lower HP pool to play around with. Speaking of HP, corsairs are REQUIRED to hp wash in order to survive end-game bosses like horntail, while it is optional for buccaneers. If you are selfish and dealing the most amount of damage to the boss is priority, I guess you are reading in wrong thread. However, if you are team player and can sacrifice dpm to do so, buccaneer is the way to go! MapleF14

HP Washing (Cont.)
    Just as other people have mentioned, you are not required to wash as a buccaneer because we are more than capable of surviving the horntail at level 155. However, I would still recommend washing a little as it gives more HP to play around with when it comes to accidentally touching other bosses like kacchuu mucha. Part of reason why I say that is because barrage (one of our main attack skill) has tendency to move towards the direction of attack per cast, making ourselves prone to receive a touch damage (example shown below). And to prevent from being 1 hit KO to those bosses, washing is still highly recommended as a buccaneer. The degree of how many times you want to wash will be dependent upon your goal, and please refer to BuccaneerBuccaneer 's HP washing thread here if you want to learn more about it. In addition, don't forget that you can now gain HP rings with the introduction of collecting monster cards, making washing less of a burden. Take advantage of both, and you will die much less in the end MapleF17 (unless you are sair Kappa)
    Barrage Example

Equips
    Knucklers
    Level 10 - 40
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Because all knuckles can be purchased by NPC's at this level, just equipping knuckles at corresponding level will do the job. You may scroll some attack 60% scrolls on it, but I would not recommend going anything below that. You may equip maple knuckle at level 35, but remember that it will only be useful for that level.

Level 41-89
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    This might be the biggest stretch in terms of knuckles you can equip, but let me explain how this will work. As I mentioned above, buccaneers will only need just enough DEX to equip their gears, meaning you would want to minimize the number of AP you put onto it. One of ways to achieve that is by equipping scrolled DEX gears like cape and helmet, which allows you to equip knuckles above without physically putting AP onto DEX , further increasing your damage potential. As a result, I do not recommend to put any more than 40 base on DEX because your end goal is to minimize your DEX so you can put those into STR instead. So if you have those DEX gears in handy (as I will discuss in a minute), you should be able to equip regular knuckles at corresponding level. If not, your best bet is to equip maple gears at level 46 and 64, which does not require DEX at all. For ways to gain non-maple knuckles, you may refer to ML library here

Level 90-200
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Now this is part where you can safely utilize all scrolls to maximize your damage. Assuming that you will have enough DEX with gears to equip these gears (90/100/110 DEX), these three will be your end-game gears depending on how good you scrolled them. Scrolling White Fangz and King Cent will probably be your best in early levels because it is widely dropped by skelegon and skelosaurus, with corresponding max weapon attack of 75 and 79. Then if you have enough funds, you may want to go for Dragon Slash Claw in which can go up to 83 weapon attack. However, be prepared to pay a hefty price for it as the only way to get them is by defeating horntail or crafting one your own at Leafre. Your end-game weapon attack for knuckles should be 100+, so try to aim for that as much as you can.

Overalls
    Level 10 - 40
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Just like knuckles, NPCs sell all of them so feel free to equip overalls at your corresponding level. Wear bathrobes if you already have one scrolled with DEX.

Level 41-80
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    The only difference between low-level overall and this is that now these gives a little bit of DEX and STR boost (+3 DEX and +7 STR max) with downside being that you would either have to buy them in FM or farm them. You are free to scroll DEX/STR 60s here but I would recommend waiting for it until equipping later gears.

Level 81-200
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These two will be your end-game overalls because it gives the most amount of stat boost. The difference between Marquini and Belly Duke is that Marquini can only give up to 7 STR while Duke can give up to 8. Then there are minor differences with weapon defense but it is negligible. Try aiming for 30+ STR or 20+ DEX on these overalls and you will be set for your end-game gears.

Scrolling Overall DEX vs STR

There has been an ongoing debate on whether you should scroll for STR vs DEX, and both has its ups and downs. If you are scrolling with STR scrolls, you get the instant boost of your primary stats, while scrolling DEX requires you to further reduce down your base DEX to put onto STR using AP reset. One benefit of scrolling DEX is that you can use that extra STR to further increase your damage with MW10/20 (skill that increases all your base stats by 5/10%) while scrolling STR is not affected by it at all. For example, lets say that you gain extra 20 DEX by an overall and AP resets to increase STR. Using MW20, 20 x 1.1 gives 22, meaning you will gain extra 2 STR as a result of having a higher base STR. On the other hand, having 20 STR overall would simply give its benefit without +2 bonus, but you do not have to worry about using AP resets to increase your primary stat. So in general, its down to your personal preference.

Shoes
    Level 10-30
    Pretty much self explanatory. Most of these shoes will either give little to no stat boost at all. You may scroll anything you want on it because you are more than likely to switch to different shoes at higher level. Just remember that shoes DEX 60s will NOT increase the base DEX. To increase them, you would need to land shoes for jump scrolls. If you really feel like aiming for end-game shoes, I would recommend scrolling on purple snowshoes, which can be purchased by NPC at El-Nath. The reason is because it has 7 slots you can scroll instead of conventional 5, meaning you will have some rooms left over to finish your scroll.

Level 31-80

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Most of these shoes will give a little more stat boost (~2+ STR/DEX) and can be obtained by completing quests or farming specific mobs. Again, you may scroll some speed/dex scrolls on it to improve speed/accuracy, but I would recommend until the next section to really start aiming for your end-game equip.

Level 81-200
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    These two will be your end-game shoes to scroll on because it will give up to 7+ STR bonus by equipping them. Duke shoes are widely available at FM due to it being dropped by Skelegon. By scrolling jump 10/30s, you should try to have as much dex as possible to increase your base STR. Anywhere 10+ dex of these are considered as great.

Specialty Shoes
    These are shoes that are not class-specific and these can also be your end-game gear depending on how you scrolled them. Red socks give nice 2 weapon attack boost while green/white shoes give speed/jump bonus. If you have received slime shoes from KPQ, scrolling that would also not be a bad idea because it gives up to +2 on all stats. Then there is yellow snowshoes, which can give up to 4 dex and int max. Because it is a rare drop and contains additional int boost, you are expected to pay a hefty price depending on amount of int it is in there. I would not recommend getting one unless you are hella rich and have nothing useful to spend on.

Gloves

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Because there are only limited number of gloves you can wear in Legends, you do not have that many useful options. You are feel free to scroll DEX gloves at early levels to wear equips, but the end-goal of wearing gloves is to have the maximum amount of weapon attack as possible. To achieve it, your best bet would be buying or gaching brown work gloves or yellow marker as it gives you up to 7 slots instead of conventional 5 on other gloves. Anything above 12 weapon attack is considered as good and +14 is godly so try your best scrolling them. The only useful glove I recommend wearing would be black Skellduke as it gives +4/+5 STR/DEX. Other than that, just stick to gloves I mentioned above and may the bless from RNG god ever be in your favor.

Hats/Helmets
    Level 10-49
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Honestly, wear any hats as you want since most only boost weapon defense or gives a very little stat boost. Instead of wearing pirate-specific hat, I recommend wearing blue old wisconsin as it gives nice accuracy bonus or bamboo hat.

Level 50-200

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    This will be your end-game helmet. You will be able to start the Zakum prequest at level 50 and purchase from other guilds for nice stats bonus. Try aiming for 17+ STR/DEX helmets, and then you may scroll with DEX 60s to increase your DEX stat. At level 90, you may begin Scarlion prequest to receive Scarlion helmet. Unlike zak helmet, scar helmet can give up to 19 /STR total, meaning you will have more breathing space to fail some 60s. Anything above 32 DEX is considered as good.

Pendants
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Because monster carnival is not present on Legends, only 2 usable pendants available are deputy star, which you can receive by completing NLC quests, or horntail pendant, which you can gain by defeating horntail. Deputy star gives nice +5 to all stats with additional +100 HP/MP at level 50 while egged HTP gives up to +23 all stats with additional avoid and weapon defense. Some hard-core and rich players are known to CS non-egged HTP, but that is up to how funded you are at that level. Remember, you can ONLY egg the HTP ONCE, meaning if you throw away the pendant after egged, you will NEVER be able to egg again!

Capes
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    At early levels, I would recommend using cape for DEX 60 scrolls to equip your gears. At level 50, you can upgrade to yellow adventurer's cape to scroll cape with even higher DEX (because it supports 7 slots) and pink adventurer's cape once you are done with using DEX gears. PAC should be your end-game cape as it is the only cape that boosts your attack. People generally CS the cape to increase the weapon attack further. However, if you were broke like me, you could always receive a goblin cape by completing Korean Town quests and scroll some cape STR scrolls on it, which you can get up to 15+ STR total.

Useful Combos

This section will uncover some of practical examples I ended up utilizing a lot. If you are curious about other skills and what other combos you might want to use, please refer to the original guide here.

[​IMG] Corkscrew Blow
    Besides its obvious "rushing" ability, having full understanding of what this skill is capable of will greatly make your job easier in attacking/traversing around the map. One such example is its ability to move around other platforms without having to jump or use the ladder, as long as the mob is present on that platform. Consider this following example here:

In theory, moving to a such platform would have been impossible with a regular jump. However, utilizing corkscrew solves that issue. Remember that the amount of charged corkscrew has zero impact on this ability. As long as you charge to any degree before jumping , the skill will do its magic.

In addition, corkscrew will also work with higher platform as well. Consider another example:
    link
    another example

I found these clips to be a great example of when corkscrew can do its wonder. Especially in places like in horntail, not having to risk jumping to the head and get a touch damage really helps a lot. These were just one of many examples so always feel free to try playing around with corkscrew- If you think you can reach the platform, the chances are you probably can!

100% iFrame Combo
    [​IMG] >[​IMG] >[​IMG] >[​IMG]
    The original guide also covers this in great detail, so I wanted to give some practical examples on when/how you should utilize these skills.

Essentially, 100% iFrame combo means its a chain of skills that you can use to never get hit from the bosses. But to use it, you first need to check whether bosses you are fighting against is static or non-static type; static means that boss does not have the ability to move around (ex. pianus, zakum, horntail) while non-static means they can (ex. bigfoot, anego, etc...). So how can you check it? Simple. Use barrage and see if you move towards the boss a little (refer to barrage example above). If you do, the boss is non-static. Otherwise, congratulations! You can now use this combo! The way I use this combo is by using the following:

Barrage > Corkscrew > Barrage > Backspin
    HT Example link
    Zak Example link

This combo can especially be useful when the boss is having weapon cancel or when you just want to conserve your pots. You do lose out a good portion of dpm as a result of not casting dragon strike instead, but the fact that you still have this option to hit the boss will be a big win for me. Just be sure to keep holding down your skills in between so that there is no iframe gap. Failing to do so might result in getting a touch damage on these bosses, meaning it can easily 1 hit kill you without HB.

Bossing

Bigfoot
    [​IMG]

As soon as you max out ds/barrage, or perhaps demolition/super transformation, bigfoot is the place to hunt as it gives out a whopping ~5.7m exp per kill with HS, or ~8m exp with a HS mule in the same map. The simplest way of killing bigfoot is by spamming barrage over and over, but it is often not the most efficient way to kill it. You can also try using the dragon strike in between barrage but you will quickly realize that skills won't connect due to bigfoot having an iframe after each hit. Here's a quick example:
    When doing it wrong

Notice as a result of using default ds/barrage combo, only barrage connects and times ds gets hit is really inconsistent. So here's what to do in order to make both skills consistently connect:
    1. Pin bigfoot to either <<<< or >>>>
    2. Do a quick barrage to finish pinning it at the edge of the map
    3. While bigfoot is faces the same direction after hit (ex. briefly faces right side on right corner after hit and vice versa) quickly fall back for about 2 character widths
    4. Cast dragon strike
    5. Move slightly forward while holding the barrage key
    6. Now do a standard ds/barrage combo until bigfoot starts gaining iframes
    7. Repeat step 2 until it is dead
    It will take some time to do it consistently, and here is what it should look like when everything goes as planned:

Now if you happen to have more than 20 skill points on demolition with super transformation, the job becomes much simpler. All you need to do is pin it all the way and cast demolition just below where the candy is on bigfoot and it will connect without having to worry about bigfoot's iframe. Here's an example:

Now while doing all these, be sure to clear out wraiths on the way in order to avoid getting an accidental touch damage from bf. Demolition in particular, utilize either snatch or shock wave so that there are no wraiths nearby because you will be much closer to bf than any other skills. As long as you are aware of your surroundings, you will be good to go!

More detailed guide coming soon™

Last edited: Jan 15, 2019
    • Great Work Great Work x 9
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    9:40 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    great guide, 10/10

3. OP
    OP
    shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Portion of combo guide has just been updated. Feel free to give me any feedbacks if you want!

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. OP
    OP
    shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    Bump
    Updated with guide for bigfoot. Any comments/feedbacks would be greatly appreciated!:)

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. ChenJC

ChenJC Snail

Jul 2, 2018
    Male
    9:40 PM
    Chenboxer
    Buccaneer
    Echo
    嗨,感谢您的导游,它给了我很多帮助,现在技能正在减少延迟。龙罢工+弹幕可以100%无敌框架?
    为什么我使用龙罢工+弹幕并在中间受伤?

6. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    you should fix the images

7. OP
    OP
    shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    all done c:

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Romel

Romel Stone Golem

Jul 10, 2018
    Male
    oXLuffyXo
    Buccaneer
    Yonkou
    thakns
    I am also writing and my guide of bucaneers :3

9. XeyloN

XeyloN Mano

Jul 7, 2017
    Male
    9:40 PM
    XeyloN
    Buccaneer
    Sweetdream
  10. OP
    OP
    shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    huro OnionSelfie

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. Husami

Husami Red Snail

Aug 21, 2018
    Male
    2:40 PM
    Verlon
    Marauder
    GodDuckness
    This guide is just perfect and it's amazing. Would love it if Training Spots were included.:D

(I can't see any Images , I only see a text box with IMG in it)

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  12. Kurosagi

Kurosagi Blue Snail

Apr 26, 2020
    Male
    7:40 AM
    Kurosagi
    Bowmaster
    New bucc here and this guide is really nice along with Kurayami's Bucc Bible! I was going to say I also can't see the images you linked in the guide but other than that it's great!

13. OP
    OP
    shot

Oct 31, 2017
    Male
    sh0t/Davi
    Buccaneer
    Honor
    credits to PastaPasta the images have been fixed!! (again xd)
    There are also some things that have been outdated due to recent skill adjustments so I will try to update that in coming days~

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. TofuEater

TofuEater Mano

Apr 30, 2020
    Male
    3:40 PM
    Fauda
    Brawler
    What equipment combination would be the best for endgame DEX considering 30 base DEX?

15. d3lm

d3lm Selkie Jr.

May 11, 2020
    Male
    8:40 PM
    This is a very good guide cuz I've been struggling to get equips at low lvl with no funding. Definitely good!