1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Important Dear Community

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Announcements' started by Kimmy, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    10:57 AM
    Moderator Post
    Dear Maplers,

As you may have heard we had an unscheduled maintenance today to patch up an exploit that was abused by a user. The user has been permanently banned from the server.

There are times we have genuine users reporting exploits to us, and unfortunately there are times people want hurt the server. Today it was the latter.

We are close to having the server open now for 2 years and in these 2 years we never ever had rollbacks. Server stability and quality is very important to us, and we want make sure you guys have an enjoyable time on the server, with rare disconnects and minimum rollbacks.

Unfortunately, we have taken a very tough decision to take a 2-day rollback due to damage caused by the exploiter.

During this incident we have learned a lot. And with that we hope to improve the server even more.

What has happened?
    • All character data were rolled back to March 7, 10:00 AM server time. This is before the attacker damaged the server with the exploit. Characters that are younger than 2 days were unfortunately deleted, so you will have to re-make the character.
    • The back-up system will be heavily improved for much more often backups.
    • The Valentine's Event has been extended until March 15 instead of March 12.
    • To compensate the lost time, MapleLegends will have a 3x EXP event, 2x DROP/Mesos, 4x Quest EXP during the whole weekend starting Friday 11:00 PM server time and ends Sunday 11:00 PM server time.
    • If you have donated after the rollback date and the maintenance, your donations are automatically refunded to your account.
    Trust me when I say this, but this was a very tough decision. It is really important to me that everything you do in MapleLegends is permanent, and it saddens that people try hurt the server. However, we stay strong. I won't let the people that want hurt this server take it. MapleLegends will stay up, for good.

There are always ups and downs to everything, and we should push through together and show the bad exploiters that we are unstoppable. Thank you for all the support, I mean it.

MapleLegends' second anniversary is on April 1st. We are working hard on it, and this small road block will not stop us.

You are all Legends!

~Kim & The MapleLegends Staff

Want to help prevent this in future?

If you feel suspicious of someone, or you witness your friend doing some fishy things, you can always report it to me, or our staff. We will make sure you stay anonymous. This helps us to sustain a cleaner server. Its always better to be oversuspicious than to just let it go. Reporting people exploiting may reward you, depending on the offence found. If you notice an exploit or bug yourself, please report it. This way we can be happy instead of finding out and having to take these unnecessary actions. In end everything is logged, so we will find out.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 26
  2. fryber

fryber Windraider

Jun 1, 2015
    Male
    Out of sight, out of time
    4:57 AM
    OpTiC
    Sniper, Marksman
    Beaters
    Rest in peace all those BFs I didn't* killed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Poppi

Poppi Capt. Latanica

Apr 6, 2015
    Male
    Sweden
    Shiba
    Corsair
    Halcyon
    What about the NX lost for those 2 days?

• Like Like x 1
  4. Jamie

Jamie Cookie Monster Retired Staff

Nov 11, 2016
    5:57 AM
    Kim all my donor points are gone. I donated 100 EUR on Tuesday omg can you do anything about that?

5. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    6:57 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    RIP my 1b + 500m exp, scrolled nice glove and puac...... but I believe this is inevitable and best solution. keep going, we love you :D

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

still love this server. <3

Last edited: Mar 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    9:57 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    good job, fuck the exploiters. Casual AF <3

[​IMG]

Also I'd like to report a dupe. NextNext has way to many furies, ban him.

7. Masterg75

Masterg75 Brown Teddy

Mar 2, 2017
    Male
    Israel
    11:57 AM
    Sepoy
    Bishop
    Ouch i made 200 m from nothing in those days

8. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    2:57 AM
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    Spooky spooky.

9. Jamie

Jamie Cookie Monster Retired Staff

Nov 11, 2016
    Okay the points are back thank god <3

10. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Sad but necessary... I think you made the right call however much of a bummer the work is. In the end a rollback of 2 days isn't that bad.

Keep up the great work staff! We love you right back!

• Like Like x 2
  11. Oahu

Oahu Mixed Golem

Mar 4, 2017
    Male
    Maple Island
    Oahu
    Islander
    Southperry
    Welp, my permabeginner I've been working on these past few days doesn't exist anymore. What a heartbreaker.

12. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I get why you did it and i support what you did.
    But it just hurts so much, i was at 119, 50% so close to 120 and now its gone.
    Back to 113, i just cant.
    It may not sound much but, these last 3 days where like 30 hours of my life, and ill never get it back.
    Fuck, just fuck

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Breogan

Breogan King Slime

Jan 9, 2017
    Breogan, Corvan
    Bandit, Pirate
    RasenganjediRasenganjedi You won't get a single minute back of your life independent of what you do. Use it dignified. As much as we all like MapleLegends, it's just a game.
    KimberlyKimberly Good call, seems fair.

Btw: because it only happens every few months. R> orbis PQ once again :D Anyone?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    Will we be refunded the 10k nx?

15. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    15*

• Like Like x 1
  16. TsungHung

TsungHung Timer

Feb 19, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    5:57 PM
    zzzz
    Bowmaster
    Demure
    Lost my time :/ 109 to 103
    and my white scroll was gone :(

17. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    Don't worry Kim, we can get over this. It's sad for the players? sure.
    But, c'mon, we are a tight and cool community, we will get things back on track soon!!

Don't push yourself to hard!!:heart: (And the rest of GMs too, dw guys SlimeSmile)

• Like Like x 7
  18. Unlucky

Unlucky Mr. Anchor

Aug 8, 2015
    Male
    Australia
    8:57 PM
    Unlucky / Babez
    Project
    I'm hyped LOL

A chance at redemption from that shitty 70 ticket gach run

• Like Like x 9
  19. Alyosha

Alyosha Skelegon Retired Staff

Mar 9, 2017
    Dostoevsky
    Dark Knight
    Spirit
    I'm sorry to get on just complain, and I really appreciate all the hard work you put into the server today, but I did a little math, and it depresses me how much work I need to do to benefit at all from the 3x experience.(But I am half-glad because of a dumb purchase and a few terrible scrolling attempts never happening) This level of experience is probably a little low for what a lot of people lost. Let's say a person spent 60 minutes to grind a character up. To get to where they were before, it would take another 40 minutes of work, so in total, 100 minutes were spent to do what 60 minutes initially did. This isn't actually profit, because in total, it's more time for the same product, where they could have continued leveling had they not had to work back up to where they were. It would take another 27 minutes to make up for that time as well, and so on and so forth, until you reach the limit and break even and begin to benefit from the new rate, which would mean using 120 minutes of your weekend time before you are better off from that initial 60 minutes of training.

I'm not sure how many hours I spent training up a new spearman(I'm also glad I didn't really do anything on my Priest), but he was level 34 last night, and now he's level 6. If I had to guess then I would say between 8 and 10 hours in total were spent on him training. In order to make up for that, for 3x exp to actually benefit me, it would take me between 16 and 20 hours. I understand that going too high on the rate would make it abusable by those who lost only a little to the rollback, but it really just feels like those who worked hardest are getting punished and it inspires some sort of defeatist mentality for me.

4x exp would mean you benefit from the extra exp after an equal amount of time spent training. 5x exp would mean spending two-thirds of the work before it's beneficial.

Either of those rates feel fairly reasonable to me, something that could inspire me to continue, though 5x may be a little high and exploitable.

Thanks for listening!

• Like Like x 5
  20. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    11:57 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I blew up so many items. xD