1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Does anyone still play regular maplestory anymore?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rokillers, Aug 19, 2017.

1. Adderall

Adderall Red Snail

Jan 3, 2018
    Female
    4:04 PM
    Adderall
    Page
    Drunk
    No way, I haven't touched that in years. I did kind of like the Aran class though, oh well. ^ Fishy it's me leafa <3

• Like Like x 1
  2. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:04 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I refuse. I stopped playing in 2011. I played in Khaini on GMS. I was an ore merchant. When Professions hit KMS, we knew that it was inevitable for it to come to us. So I sold ALL of my stockpiles of ores and other Maker materials. I got 12B in sales. I bought materials for Timeless gear, scrolls and white scrolls to give it the best possible stats. When professions came out, I found myself bored because I wasn't having any fun anymore. I don't care for grinding that much. And then...LionHeart Castle game out and the new gear made my Timeless gear just average, and without a way to make mesos like I used to, the game just lost all of its flavor. Big Bang was bad enough, but Professions was the last nail in the coffin. I will never go back.
    330839_2143142271895_1369327_.jpg 338417_2143148152042_7721780_.jpg
    I also had 100 of each plate, jewel, crystal, and powder on another account - just in case...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    9:04 PM
    Haven't genuinely played since I discovered private servers 6 years ago, other than messing around with some trainers sometimes on EMS (ccplz shoutout). Though, I went back a year ago to do the Magatia questlines to get authentic dialogue for when I coded some of the missing Magatia quests here (omg Poof said the c-word, fuck her amiright). Always gotta get it as authentic as possible.

4. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    4:04 PM
    I quit just around the time alien pq was over.
    Lost interest after using the nx i made by mts merchanting ran out.

I was halfway done washing to 30k then it didn't even matter anymore.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    9:04 PM
    Nier/EviHs
    oh i still remember gms does beautiful moments of shattering hopes.

1 they released so many patches that change everything some good some bad
    2 supreme world ( my heaven<3 a hardcore server that kills you so quickly its becomes funny overtime xd)
    3 removal of supreme world so the other server wont lagg as much... (which at the end didnt even work....)
    4 gms released reboot world a shine of hope that they start going away from pay to win aspects
    5 ems costum made reboot patch without reboot world..... (a lot of people were really angry that day)
    6 no updated or news for months
    7 sudden news ems becomes a gms makeover for a merge in the future
    8 everything change we now had gollux beast tamer and other stuff some people wanted

9 another month marathon without any news and no answers
    10 bam merge and a lot of downtimes but everyone had high hopes
    11 log in and seeing ems and gms didnt really merged they just share the same log in icon with 2 doors
    1 leading to eu server and 1 leading to american server...
    12 gms player got angry that they had to adjust to ems players.... (new reset time)
    13 reboot players complained the world would already be to crowded as it is
    14 eu whiched for their own reboot world without that strange gms server lagg
    15 giving hope by saying they think about it and than wont say anything about it for another 8 month...
    16 hacker from gms flooding everywhere our almost clean ems got destroyed without any gm insight

and thats the point i gave up on them i still look from time to times if something changed but the hacker problems get worse and worse. meso doesnt have any worth anymore. selling items, accounts or boss runs for dollars became standart there. they reached a point in which you cant even tell anymore which of them is a hacker or a regular player....

and from the current situation i would say maplestory is slowly dying right now.

so nope i dont play regular anymore i rather stick with legends <3

edit: sry posted it a bit to early and had to add the rest xD
    somehow tap didnt worked and tap+enter instandly send it :D

Last edited: Jan 9, 2018
  6. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    4:04 AM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    Honestly i really liked the 2012 period, when the Jump/Ascension patch came.
    Well, except that in order to be on par with everyone else you gotta spend hundreds on cubes.

I sorta quit after there was a duping saga that made miracle scrolls 10 cents.

Attached Files:

• rip.jpg
      rip.jpg
      File size:
      275.8 KB
      Views:
  7. likey

likey Timer

Jan 12, 2018
    4:04 AM
    Latch
    Bowmaster
    Perion
    na, every thing just fell apart. all my friends stopped playing after the big bang patch, leveling got so easy thus losing the party quest/social aspect. everything was about cubing and potentials. scrolls didn't matter as much. everyone was just focused on leveling alone, since its the fastest. since legends is here, i'm feeding off my nostalgia, but i do miss my old friends.