1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Donor Item: Fusion Anvil

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Nonchalant, Oct 7, 2017.

Would you like to see Anvils added to MapleLegends?

1. Yes

55 vote(s)
    88.7%
  2. No

7 vote(s)
    11.3%
  1. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    3:09 PM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    It is difficult, if not impossible to implement, but it would be the single best cash shop update you could ask for

• Like Like x 2
  2. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    I think if the item does get implemented into the game the Anviled item should be untradeable, to avoid any "I thought it was this but it wasn't" sort of reports.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  3. Kyshies

Kyshies Slimy

Mar 13, 2020
    11:09 PM
    Elliy
    F/P Arch Mage
    S̶o̶m̶e̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶e̶o̶p̶l̶e̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶F̶u̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶A̶n̶v̶i̶l̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶F̶r̶u̶i̶t̶ ̶K̶n̶i̶v̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶a̶n̶z̶i̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶W̶o̶o̶d̶e̶n̶ ̶W̶a̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶E̶l̶e̶m̶e̶n̶t̶a̶l̶ ̶W̶a̶n̶d̶s̶.̶ ̶ ̶

Y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶'̶t̶.̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶I̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶F̶u̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶A̶n̶v̶i̶l̶ ̶o̶n̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶s̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶r̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶e̶q̶u̶a̶l̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶l̶e̶v̶e̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶e̶m̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶d̶.̶ ̶ ̶

S̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶c̶h̶a̶n̶g̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶D̶r̶a̶g̶o̶n̶ ̶K̶h̶a̶n̶z̶i̶r̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶a̶ ̶F̶r̶u̶i̶t̶ ̶K̶n̶i̶f̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶t̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶r̶o̶u̶n̶d̶.̶

EDIT: Turns out I misremembered. Whoops. I remember that one time I did borrow an Arcaneshade (lv200 gear) mage hat to anvil over my CRA (lv150) mage hat. So I guess Fruit Knife Kanzirs are possible.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies

Just incase if this seems confusing, is the item that you want the appearance of would be untradeable the original equip would still be tradeable as shown in this video to avoid accidental purchases.

Oh look theres a Timeless Pescas for 100mil! But, it's actually a Fruit Knife.

Level of the item doesn't matter the equip itself has to the same category of the appearance.

Wand has to be with a wand
    Sword to a sword (1handed and 2handed are its own categories.)
    Shield to a Shield and so on

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. Joy Celeste

Joy Celeste Mushmom

Nov 11, 2021
    Female
    Celeste
    Does anyone remember if the item that we're copying the appearance of disappears on fusion? That prevents the issue of dressing up Fruit Knives as Pescas.

6. UnknownCode

UnknownCode Nightshadow

Jun 6, 2021
    California
    Islander, Bishop, Bandit
    Speenies
    Just posted a video concerning that.

7. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    Nice! This video clearly shows that an Anvil’d Item will still have its functional stats, name, and new appearance.

example:
    Owl —> Fruit Knife
    • A Fruit Knife with the appearance of other dagger designs could show up the search.
    • The fruit knife will only look different, but retain its Name “Fruit Knife”
    3542810E-DD5F-4FDC-B470-3B899554AB55.jpeg

63D35E37-6C02-4577-A2EB-CAABCF99A55F.jpeg
    11D3E768-D547-4D69-92F3-D0A22EC5363B.jpeg

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    11:09 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I don't care about the details but please let us use the awesome looking lower level gear without handicapping our damage. And free us from these ugly ass scargazakrav helms.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  9. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    6:09 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    Almost not even worth if I can't crossdress, restrictions like those are unneccessary

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. zeroxlr

zeroxlr Windraider

Oct 11, 2020
    xxxxSnuggles
    Beginner, Camper, Islander
    IKR!!! I want access to cute outfits and wear anything!

...of the same type/category of course, ex: Overall converted to another Overall, or Dagger onto another Dagger

I picked a male character on accident, but would definitely like a cute dress!

reverse-trap.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  11. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    I am really looking forward to be able to wear a Dragon's Tail Dagger for the rest of my maple career with the stats of a lv100+ dagger. agreed. let me look cool D:

• Agree Agree x 4
  12. HarleyEllis

HarleyEllis Pac Pinky

Jan 3, 2021
    Female
    Philadelphia
    6:09 PM
    Harlez
    I/L Wizard, Shadower, Brawler, Outlaw
    Galaxy
    eggs collectively bargaining, FeelsStrongMan Clap

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    7:09 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    is easy to make a way to turn the original item o a cash one?

for example: blue neos top > blue neos top nx cover

• Like Like x 1
  14. Koneko

Koneko Orange Mushroom

Jan 21, 2021
    Female
    KonekoDxD
    Bandit, Chief Bandit
    I don't believe this is possible because the game files would become much larger for starters
    because they would have to create a NX version of those items. Correct me if I'm wrong.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. SaviorSword

SaviorSword Dark Stone Golem

Feb 9, 2020
    Male
    Aiur
    5:09 PM
    SaviorSword
    Paladin
    Bonfire
    An alternative would be to have copies of the "standard set" as Cash Items that equip over items like the usual Cash Items. The problem with the Fusion Anvil is the it fuses the stats item with the cosmetic item which might just be too modern/impossible to do here in this rather old version of the game.

The problem with the alternative way to have copies of every other item would be just the sheer size of the massive list of the "standard set" Equipment. The file size bloat that might cause is the primary concern of this method.

Either way, I'm a big proponent of havin' some sort of function to be able to use the "standard set" over more functional Equipment for preformance's sake. Now if I remember correctly... I do believe some Cash Items way back in the day actually had Level Limits on'em. So if we do have the copy method, I would at least suggest a Level limit to the copies so it could prevent some confusion like a low Level player holdin' items way higher than their Level.

• Agree Agree x 1