1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Not a Bug Droprate bugged on "Judging the Axe"?

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Zark, Mar 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    4:41 AM
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    I've not received the correct axe ("Tree Cutter's Steel Axe") from this quest in over 30 tries, which seems abysmally low. If it is indeed a low % result, can't Dark Axe Stumps at least drop the "Axe" item more frequently? Having an impossible time farming these in the map "KFT: A Small Well" at the level you should be able to, and even on an alt in Perion maps where these suckers spawn, the drop rate seems to be something like 5%. On original server I'd usually get it within 12-15 tries, revamps put it closer to 5-8 tries.

Started hoarding the wrong axes after my first 10 attempts failed, as you can see in the attached screen.
    [​IMG]

2. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:41 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    u can fail even more than 100 times in a row, its probability isn't 0%. but we can't say it's bug....try again, don't forget to pray to RNGesus the true god of maplelegends, and good luck!

(actually many ppls cleared that quest, some were really lucky, some were really unlucky.)

3. Pieter

Pieter Slimy

Aug 3, 2015
    Male
    10:41 AM
    Pieter
    Marksman
    Demure
    If you rly want to complete the quest you should farm axe stumps in perion
    Thats what i didOnionCourage

4. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    2:41 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    It takes me on average like 20 times to get the right axe... and, well, you're there. But randomness is always a thing.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:41 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Given all 12 of my characters attempts to complete this quest, the average is about 10-15. Sometimes I got it within 2 tries, others I had to go through 30 attempts.
    S>Axe for 10k each!

6. NatteHond

NatteHond Skelosaurus

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    If you have a second character somewhere in Victoria Island you can get him to Perion and kill Dark Axe Stumps on that character and transfer them over to the other character :)

Will agree though, that quest is a pain OnionSorry

7. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I may look into how this quest works for curiosity reasons. I find it a pretty tedious quest as well since the odd to get the right axe is IMO way too low.

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    So,

As usual with Neckson quests the 'chance' are very bias'd

The chance seems as follows:

Tree Cutter's Steel Axe: 10

All the other ones are 18, meaning there's a higher chance to get the other. Combine with fact there's 5 of them that are wrong, the chance to get the right one is rather low. I probably will change it so its true random (all of them chance 1).

• Like Like x 4
  9. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    Can you do the same with exp/reg hair tickets? MapleF3_Origin

10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    EXP/REG are actually 100% random. That's probably why people never get the right hair, because so many are available.

11. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Took me like 3 tries Kreygasm

• Like Like x 3
  12. Huiae

Huiae Headless Horseman

Aug 1, 2015
    Female
    Seoul, Korea
    5:41 PM
    Verdict
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    RNGesus! I got my IL hair with 20+s Q.Q....

13. OP
    OP
    Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    Some ya'll need to read OP better. Been grinding a low level warrior in Stumpy's map for the axes. Not fun.

Thanks Kim. Dividing by 6 is a mess, so are we looking at an ALT1 or ALT2? Also, could you satisfy my curiosity on what the droprate of Axes from Dark Axe Stump is? MapleF14 Pretty plz
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  14. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    That only translates to a 10% chance of getting the right axe. The quest is fine as it is honestly.

• Like Like x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    It's double gating on a quest, that's my biggest problem with it. Either buff the droprate of Axe, or equalize the %s. As is (based on Axe drop from stump kill estimate), you have roughly a 1/200 (.5%) shot of getting the right axe per stump kill.

16. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    A quest that requires you to kill only 200 easy mobs?

There are many far more difficult quests than that.

17. mettzi

mettzi Pac Pinky

Mar 4, 2015
    Male
    US
    Thymelord
    White Knight
    The spawn rate in KFT is horrid for Dark Axe Stumps. The only reasonable way to collect a large amount of axes is to collect them on Victoria Island like others said. Comparing it to other "kill x amount of mob" quests isn't fair since those are usually given in areas that have that mob in abundance.

• Like Like x 1
  18. OP
    OP
    Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    You're missing the point entirely. If it were just 200 mobs, sure, that's nothing to complain about. The reality of the situation is at .5% effective droprate, you can easily be farming for hours and never see the quest item pop up. This in zone geared for 40's. If Axe dropped from mobs that were at the right level, at least that would make sense. Grinding stumps at that level is tedious, and as mettzi stated, the spawn rate in KFT is trash. The sentiment that I have to go to Perion to farm stumps to finish this proper betrays how bad it holds up as a quest.

19. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:41 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    There are many quests that have you collect items from other areas, especially the string of Maya's Concerns which requires the majority of items collected from the Orbis / El Nath region. So if finishing this quest means going back to Perion (or stockpiling your Axes and not NPCing them when you're grinding at the earlier levels), that's nothing out-of-the-ordinary. If the drop rate of Axes increases, that decreases their value in FM. If the probability of completing the quest increases from a 1/10 chance to a 1/6 chance, that also decreases their value.

If the consternation of this quest is truly in question then perhaps instead of making it an easier quest to complete it should yield a higher reward. Nerfing quests is the road Neckson took...

20. OP
    OP
    Zark

Zark Orange Mushroom

Jul 23, 2015
    Male
    Zark
    Crossbowman
    These "other quests" are expected to be completed elsewhere. I never had to leave KFT to complete this quest before. Granted, I can't state with 100% certainty that I completed it in v.62 specifically, but I know I damn well completed it sometime long before BB. The fact that there's even DAS in KFT maps to kill is proof enough that the intention was to collect Axe in those maps. The commonly accepted way to complete this quest is a workaround for bad programming, since we have the ability to improve it, we should.

Also, FM value since when?
    [​IMG]

The reward is exactly in line with the rest of the quests at this level range in this zone. Please do not pervert the intention of this request.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.