1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Game gone stale! New World PLEASE

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by RobertBusat, Mar 19, 2018.

Tags:

New World

1. YES! Fresh and fun

9 vote(s)
    23.7%
  2. No. Feels like our time was wasted.

26 vote(s)
    68.4%
  3. Yes! our current world is beyond repair

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Sounds like too much trouble?

3 vote(s)
    7.9%
  1. RobertBusat

RobertBusat Mano

Mar 27, 2017
    6:26 AM
    Corsair
    Greetings, I've been playing Legends for a year now and I really do believe its hard for new players to get along with how old the server is. In my humble opinion opening another world would make the game much more exciting. Also the economy is starting to be an issue and high level players giving up hope since lv200 is already been accomplished many times before. I remember back when a new world opened in GMS everyone got excited to start a fresh race.
    I am willing to cooperate and donate in any way to help create a new world in Legends. Please take heed.

• Like Like x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    RobertBusat

RobertBusat Mano

Mar 27, 2017
    Corsair
    Bottomline, would be nice to have a fresh world. With proper advertising of a new start I'm sure many players would come join and increase the player base and popularity.

3. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    1:26 PM
    Moderator Post
    We have no plans to start a new world. Pointless to create the same thing just for the hype4wipe people that quit after the first person reached 200.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  4. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    7:26 AM
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    lol

5. MissBehaving

MissBehaving Mixed Golem

Apr 7, 2017
    Female
    PissBehaving
    I/L Arch Mage
    lol

6. Gang

Gang Timer

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Gang
    Night Lord
    Demure
    A new world sounds like a great idea when you think about all the hype and fun there will be, but in the long term it just isn't worth it.

It completely kills the existing world not because everyone moves to the new one immediately (a lot still will), but because most if not all new players will pick the newer world instead, which really destroys the economy and everything really.

Let's take a look at the other method that creates the same kind of thing: a wipe. Wiping a server just to create a new hype start for a few months is not worth it. Players that have put a lot of effort in characters lose everything just for a new race to 200 and a few groups finishing off a boss for the first time. After that things become 'stale' again and the same people will be asking for a new wipe to get that hype feeling again. There are quite a few servers that have fallen into this trap and almost all of those have died out rather quickly. If a server wipes with that kind of motive, there is no stability and players will not be willing to put the same amount of effort into the game fearing another 'wipe hype'.

So should wiping the server be completely out of the question? No, but certainly not because of your hype reasons.

There are many 'broken' things currently in the game. Leech is way too overpowered, and not having a bishop certainly hinders you when approaching the late game stages.
    HP washing is a horribly broken system and the way to go at it is not fun at all. Adding int to your character feels lame and makes your damage lower then it should be, making it even more necessary to make a bishop.
    The balance gap between jobs is starting to become larger and larger, especially with people finishing their HP washed Nightlords making other classes feel pretty meh in comparison, as their upside of being more tanky is essentially gone.

You can discuss years about if these things are broken, fun or just part of the nostalgia that some people strongly feel for these things.
    Sadly changing them in the current world would be very unfair and probably impossible to do correctly.

I personally feel like the only viable reason to wipe the server would be to tackle these issues and create a new gameplay all together, with nerfed leech and a better way to balance HP issues, amongst other things.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    This would increase the number of players, yes.

However this would hurt the current players and the current economy.
    Player booms due to new server "hype" don't last long, those players just come in for the initial thrill of hitting top 5 or first player to a significant number then they die out.

If you are suggesting this to help the economy/player base, those aren't solutions that we are looking to help the server.

8. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

12:26 PM
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    7:26 PM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    Maybe instead you can have a fun event where a new server available for a short period of time as a "race". Kinda like in Path of Exile, although as I'm finishing this post I realize the rate of loot dropping is so much lower that it probably wouldnt be much fun in comparison. Maybe some fun objectives to meet with prizes like first players to get ludi pq glasses and such.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Zebezian

Zebezian Master Chronos Retired Staff

Sep 17, 2017
    Male
    Zebezian
    Paladin
    Honor
    Maybe there can be a wipe once the first Camper reaches level 200. The race is on now that there are high scores. MapleF11

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    RobertBusat

RobertBusat Mano

Mar 27, 2017
    Corsair
    Thanks for taking part in this discussion. Taking risks is the best way to succeed, I really liked GangGang 's opinion because the server started rolling on broken game designs and changes would seem unfair nowadays. However I do comprehend the "lame" aspect of wiping/creating a new world and the long term results should remain a mystery tbh.

12. Rockler

Rockler Mixed Golem

Jan 8, 2016
    Male
    Sweden
    Nude
    Night Lord
    Scamure
    Lv250 CAP HYPE!

• Agree Agree x 2