1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Getting some things out off my chest.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rasenganjedi, Mar 5, 2017.

1. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    4:39 PM
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    This might be unnecessary, but I just need to get it out else I might have to have this for a long time.

Hello, i'll tell a few things about myself and why I made this thread to begin with, you don't have to read it, you may ignore it aswell, but this has been bothering me for the longest time, and it needs to get out.

My name is: Wout van der Zweep, i'm 15 years old, male, live in The Netherlands and since 2 years ago.
    I've quit school.
    Ever since I left school i've been a bit, depressed. this may be not the case, but sometimes I feel sad, lonely all those things. I know this sounds all redundant or weird for this, but it's just so hard for me to live like this. Quitting school was necessary for me else I may have gone sick going to school, but I feel like I made the wrong decision like that.

You may ask, "what has this to do with maplelegends" or "why should I care"
    I don't know, I just don't know, I don't know why i decided to make this thread, or why you should care in the first place. But i just can't live like this, feeling like this.

I've come at an age where I need to make choices in my life, what i want to do, where i want to go, what job i'm going to do. Yet I feel like i'm just, useless not needed for this world and i feel like shit because of it.

1 year ago, i kinda made similar thread to this called "I feel kinda useless in this game" I basically said that i felt like i didn't needed to be here or i wasn't supposed to be here, i felt like i added nothing to the server, just less space for other players.

What this has to do with Maplelegends is well, I still feel the same, I still feel like i'm not supposed to be here, I still feel like people don't want me here, I feel like only my family and friends want me to live in this world, I know this isn't the case, but sometimes it's just so hard for me to realize that, I sometimes just hate myself for doing that to myself but i can't help it. I just don't know what to do about it, I feel like shit living, I feel like i'm not needed, I just feel like a nobody.
    I've never considered suicide because of this though, because I didn't wanted to die, I don't know how my family would react or other people if i did that.
    Because of this sometimes I just lash out, sometimes without intention, and to those I did that.
    I'm sorry, i'm so so sorry, i really didn't mean it, But it's just so hard for me to comprehend all of this, my life, other's lives, what i want to do, what i don't want to do.

If the GM's sees this and thinks it shouldn't be on here, that's fine, I also think it shouldn't be here, I don't know why i made this in the first place, but I just needed it to get out.

If people read this fully, I sincerely thank you for reading, some people may think this is unnecessary, others maybe not, but if you just read it, I thank you.

I'm sorry if this wasn't what you wanted to read.

Edit: I want to elaborate about why I quit school.
    I didn't want to quit, I had to quit, I can't give you the full reason why but it was not my decision to quit school, Basic gist of it is, I literally got sick of going to school, My body couldn't keep up with all the things i had to do at school.
    Ofcourse i didn't want to quit school but it was either quit school and go to an institute that deals with these sort of problems. Or needing to go to the hospital.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
  2. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    8:39 AM
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I don't know why you quit school..
    But since you gave up on it, and also gave up on the opportunity to meet new friends, this is now your chance to meet some.
    There's no one that doesn't belong to anything, and remember that.
    Especially communities and especially communities like this one.

Don't miss the opportunity you just go, just like the opportunity you lost when you quit school.

3. OP
    OP
    Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    I want to elaborate about why I quit school.
    I didn't want to quit, I had to quit, I can't give you the full reason why but it was not my decision to quit school.
    But thank you anyways.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Quitting school at 15 years old is the worst thing you could have done. You need it, trust me.

• Like Like x 2
  5. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Dude, you're 15! I had no fucking clue what I wanted to do at 15, but I remember worrying about it too 'cause I felt like everyone around me knew what they wanted and had dreams and goals and I didn't (but really they are all just as clueless). Then I just thought about what I was interested in (biology and computers), and went in that direction, and that's still what I'm doing now at 20.

I do think that you should go back to school, at least you'll be doing something instead of nothing and you still have so much time left to figure it all out. I don't know the reason you had to leave, but maybe if you can't go back to that particular school, you can go to another school? Maybe you can even follow school via some online thing, though I don't know if that's possible for highschool, but definitely possible for MBO stuff.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

3:39 PM
    I know for a fact that the Flavors crew loves your presence, and I personally am grateful to have met you on this game because you've made me laugh (GPQ TROLL ;) )
    As Kim and Poof said, you will need to go back to school eventually. Especially in today's reality.
    The way you're feeling, there is always someone there to listen either online in this community, your family, even a psychologist can really help if you're afraid to talk to people you know about this.
    I have known you for almost 1 year, you're a great person" I have never heard anything negative about you, nor have I heard that you have lashed out, so please dont apologize for this - it simply isnt even remotely true.
    If you ever need to talk to me, message me on discord. Heck we can even call since your voice is too dang cute.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    7:39 AM
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    If you have the time and money, you should meet an actual professional (like a counselor or therapist) instead of asking here on the forums. But it's great to see that you're reaching out!

Since you're from the Netherlands, I'm going to post the number for the national suicide hotline over there, as well as the link. There's no fee, and they're available 24/7, so please feel free to give them a call. There are trained professionals that would love to listen to you.

0900 1130113
    www.113online.nl

• Like Like x 4
  8. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    LOL I don't think it's even close to this situation.

• Like Like x 2
  9. Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    He kind of said in the opening post that he has never thought of suicide because of this, as he doesn't want to die. SlimeSweat2

• Like Like x 2
  10. snowing

snowing Horny Mushroom

Aug 23, 2015
    10:39 AM
    Shadower
    Disorder
    Hey man, I don't really know you but I totally get where you're coming from. Just the other day I got incredibly anxious after making a post here, so anxious in fact that I actually couldn't bring myself to come back here for like 3 days. It wasn't even out of line or insulting, I just felt out of place for sharing my opinion, but this isn't about me :p

What you're feeling is definitely normal and I'm pretty sure most people here on Legends have felt that way, and I'm sure some still feel that way.

Especially at this age not having a scheduled routine is probably killing you, because as a 21 year old it's killing me as well! You really should go back to school and try to get through it. I don't know what your health situation was before, but if you CAN go back to school you should really go back to it.

However, as it's something I'm personally going through, I can tell you that talking about it like this and being honest to yourself is a good first step to feeling better :)

Just know that you don't have to go through this alone if you can accept where you're at and want to move past it. People who you don't think will support you might surprise you!

Incidentally, applying these changes takes time and a lot of constant effort ;P Something I haven't quite gotten the hang of yet.

Sendin you some love <3

• Like Like x 1
  11. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Think of a goal you wanna reach, just anything, and then watch this video:

12. Krauser94

Krauser94 Designer Staff Member Graphics Designer

Nov 6, 2016
    Male
    Krauser94
    Shadower
    Nebula
    As people said, quitting from school was a weird decision (even having your own reasons, which we can't judge at all now), but dude, being 15 years old and not knowing your place on the existence it's not strange. Im 22 and i can't say im aware of mine neither (and maybe at 30 i won't still know, who knows).

But one thing is for sure, you are concerned of the choices you made, and at that young age, its still quite "easy" to solve them, so you don't need to be that hard on yourself, you just did what it was convenient for that moment (maybe), so now is your time to do the correct things.

Also, you have us like Julie said, so don't hesitate on talking about what you need and when you feel it, you are more than accepted here, that's for sure.

• Like Like x 3
  13. Smile

Smile Selkie Jr.

Nov 18, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    SharpSide
    Night Lord
    December
    I don't think he is either, but I remember thinking before some of my friends did suicide as well, "i don't think he would even consider it."

There's a reason why I posted a helpful resource which is ran by trained professionals. If you even clicked the link and read the site, you'd notice that it's not even solely for suicide prevention but just someone to talk to in case you're depressed.

• Like Like x 6
  14. xNivx

xNivx Headless Horseman

Apr 18, 2016
    Male
    Shin Sekai
    xNivx
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    I can't read dutch tho ._.

15. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    No worries man, thanks for posting all of this, I'm glad we can be here for you with these kind of things. I never mention it since I don't like to talk about it, but I've suffered through depression and some other stuff for many years now and I remember how confusing as fuck it was when I was first falling ill. I know it can be hard to start, but I'd 100% recommend talking to a therapist or doctor, they can be extremely helpful! I'm not sure of your situation, but try to find some way to get back to school. If you really can't, at least set aside a similar amount of time to study things on your own at home. The internet is your friend (well at times like this lol)! If you really have no obligations or responsibilities, personally for me having a lack of structure in my days makes me feel like a super depressed pos. You can start small too, just try to make a small goal for each day! I like to volunteer for things since making others happy makes me really happy! Or try cooking a small meal or doing a chore, just some ideas.
    Also your brain may lie to you a lot, try to ignore it (I know it's really hard because it's your own brain aha) but you are 100% not a waste of space. I'm not really into it but a lot of people like to meditate, sometimes I do breathing exercises or even just doing a quick exercise is often super helpful for mood and well being. Eat extra protein in the winter, less carbs (I don't remember why but the psychiatrist has recommended this to me and I feel less like a turd so). Make sure to open the windows when the sun comes out, the brightness may help perk you up!

OK I said a lot, sorry for sounding like a rambling mom :x I'd just really like to help if I can since I know how confusing and helpless these feelings can be if you've never experienced them, so I just barfed up all the words/advice I could think of :x
    Stay well dear and we're always here for you. Give me a PM if you need, cheers

• Like Like x 8
  16. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    5:39 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    D:
    No one is worthless in this world and no one here should think this way, and there's so many ways you can continue your life, home schooling or online courses if you want to continue your education since you mentioned you had to quit school due to private reasons.
    Also talk with your family, maybe your parents can help you out?
    Try exploring your potential in anything like literature, arts, or maybe sports.
    Keep going forward don't let this drag you down <3

• Like Like x 3
  17. Bjski

Bjski Horny Mushroom

Jan 30, 2017
    Male
    Canada
    10:39 AM
    Benevolent
    Brawler
    Horny
    Hey Wout, we haven't had a chance to meet each other on the server yet, but I would like to extend an open invitation for you to message me whenever you would like. I know how this sounds coming from a complete stranger, but it's often the case where it's easier to open up to a new non-judgmental person. I'm currently in school for something related to this, so you might find it rather comforting to speak to somebody with a bit of experience, while avoiding what can be an intimidating process in going to a therapist. Either way I hope things start to take an upswing, and remember I'm just a message away.

18. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Do you really have no idea what you want to do with your life? None whatsoever?

Edit: if you do talk to a therapist, do not under any circumstances take any "medications". They will only fuck your brain up.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Ryae

Ryae Wolfspider

Apr 17, 2015
    Female
    USA (West Coast)
    Ryae
    Night Lord
    Nimbus
    It really depends on the individual. For some people, it can be life changing, but it may be a different story for others. I wouldn't rule it out completely; I spent years without medicine and once I exhausted all other options, I talked to the therapist about it, who pointed me to the psychiatrist (I believe some therapists can prescribe, maybe? but better to talk to a doctor, they are more knowledgeable). It was quite helpful for depression, but extremely life changing for panic/anxiety attacks, and I can now lead a pretty regular life (which is kickass!).
    So I wouldn't rule them out completely, but definitely don't jump into them because it may be unnecessary. :)

• Like Like x 1
  20. Calhoun

Calhoun Horny Mushroom

Mar 2, 2017
    5:39 PM
    Calhoun
    Spearman
    school is usless kim chan. but you the one who knows !
    trust our mom!
    she know what she is saying!