1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How 2X EXP Cards can save our Market

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Infidel, May 29, 2015.

1. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    3:51 AM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    So we can all agree that our market, from room 1 to room 9 (on average) is primarily full with Gachapon items. This is because of two things (in my opinion):

(1) Obvious abuse of the Vote system. This has already been addressed by Kim, which is great, and hopefully the level increase will deter some people from abusing it. Of course though, as we all know, it will always be abused by someone, somehow. The abusers aren't buying themselves the freshest threads, or the newest hairstyle. They are doing it to gain mesos or better equips, obviously by Gachapon.

and (2) There is nothing beneficial to spend NX cash other than Gachapon. I'll admit I spend all my NX on Gach, because there is nothing else I need. I have my outfit, my pet, and my shop.

This is where 2X EXP cards come in. I'm not talking about having 2X EXP cards be cheap either. I'm talking about atleast 20k NX, maybe even 30k (a weeks worth of voting) to obtain a 12 or 24hr 2X EXP.

People will need to save a weeks worth of NX, that they would have gotten 35 Gachapon items for, to be able to purchase one. Sure, this could possibly make people want to have NX Mules since they need to spend their main account's NX on EXP, but with the new lvl 45 requirement, plus the GMs cracking down harder on abusers, everything should fall into place.

• Like Like x 6
  2. Doap

Doap Mixed Golem

Jan 15, 2015
    Male
    Doap
    Hunter
    :less
    interesting idea, but don't think they should be 24 hour coupons. 4 or 6 sound like better numbers imo.
    You can get a lot done in 24 hours.

3. Autoassemble

Autoassemble Selkie Jr.

Apr 14, 2015
    Male
    8:51 AM
    iDummie
    Thief
    10k for 4hours sounds decent, I like this idea.
    The problem that this would face is that I NEED to spend basically all my nx on ap resets for hpwashing which already means I have to spend hours farming to make meso, and now I would also have to choose between fast grinding and hp washing.

4. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:51 AM
    Moderator Post
    Problem with 2x cards is that they demotivate people, nor do I want this server to be MapleRoyals #2 (x4 rates).

2x cards make people only train during 2x and if they are extremely expensive, expect everyone to sit in FM forever.

2x drop would be decent idea, but not exp. OP only mentions 2x EXP.

• Like Like x 12
  5. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    1:51 AM
    Beginner
    Having another item implemented into the cash shop to act as another Nx sink is a good idea, but i don't necessarily agree with adding 2x exp cards.

6. OP
    OP
    Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle

Yeah, I didn't know what hour amount would be reasonable, but anything that takes a lot of NX would be great.

7. OP
    OP
    Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle

2X drop is worthless since no one would do anything except go for GFA 60%. No one buys regular stuff in FM, only Gach.

8. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    12:51 AM
    NSFW
    Agree 100%. 2x EXP cards don't sound good, but 2x drop could be an idea.

9. tommi

tommi Donor

Apr 19, 2015
    Male
    1:51 AM
    Beginner
    2x drop wouldn't be worthless, using it only to hunt for gfa 60%s sounds pointless. Using it on bosses like Zakum, Pap and Pianus would be good to bring in more zhelms, equipment and skill books.

10. OP
    OP
    Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle

I'm talking to benefit the regular users, not the top 3% who can actually boss right now.

11. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    2:51 AM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    2x drop would be an ok addition, but that's also simply adding another incentive to vote on more than one account within 24 hours with the aid of proxies or making up a 'brother'

I mean.. or we could incentivize active training/pqing by ridding ourselves of the slot machine and instead adding gacha drops to strategic, non capitalizable by exploitative high level skill (low volume maps), mobs.

As long as there exists a way to turn votes into in-game value, there will be vote abuse. We're currently solidly ahead of fifth place in the vote rankings and solidly behind the third. People will still vote for the cosmetic frillies more than enough to keep our spot. There are so many 'votebots' voting for the first three servers (because of vote abuse!!!) that we will never pass them. It's time to completely remove the Cheat2Win aspect. Infact, I think it would be instrumental in helping the server grow. (I.E. stealing frustrated LEGIT players from royals, extalia, and ellinia)

Besides, in GMS, did you have more fun spending your NX on cosmetics/stores/weddings/hair, or did you have more fun draining it into gachapon?

Last edited: May 29, 2015
  12. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:51 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    2x drop + LMPQ = gg

• Like Like x 1
  13. OP
    OP
    Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    OK you got me

14. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    2x drop increases drop chance, doesn't make everything double, so the LMPQ statement is invalid because tix already drop 100% of time.

15. Yell

Yell Pac Pinky Retired Staff

Apr 10, 2015
    With Waldo.
    Snail
    2x drop please <3

I agree the exp is bad though :(.

16. OP
    OP
    Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Thanks for clarifying. I've unliked that post.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    4:51 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    Ticks don't drop 100% of the time OnionF4

• Like Like x 1
  18. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    They don't? Ha, shows how I never PQ. In that case, the LMPQ statement is valid.

19. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    8:51 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    this ripps people who need to hp wash. </3

• Like Like x 1
  20. LunchBox

LunchBox Brown Teddy

Apr 26, 2015
    Female
    Deep Blue C
    Lunch
    Spearman
    Destined
    I don't really like Gach but I think it would be a bad call to remove it at this point.
    Double drop coupons are relatively meh, and there's nothing else you can spend NX on.
    You are kind of *forced to buy Gach for your nx unless you want to struggle with money and get very far behind other players.

*forced is a dumb word, but it's true. This word was thrown about in WoW a lot regarding things, and while you're not FORCED to pick X instead of Y, X is better and you will fall behind if you don't pick it.