1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How 2X EXP Cards can save our Market

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Infidel, May 29, 2015.

1. Faith

Faith Skull Splitter

May 5, 2015
    Male
    On a Hill
    11:21 AM
    iSee
    I/L Wizard
    Tempus
    Well scrolls are cheap because of the gacha not necessarily from people grinding and finding them, with more weapons dropping their wont be as many scrolls on the market. Thus the price and rarity actually has a chance to increase. I wouldn't call it inflation. This idea goes hand in hand with that of getting rid of gacha.

2. Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    9:21 PM
    Invictus
    Priest
    So now most legit people will be spending all of their nx on x2 cards and the abusers will have both exp cards on mains and gacha on mules.
    GG bro, GG :)
    I don't see this working and x4 exp is too easy.... like... as kim said, mapleroyals....

• Like Like x 4
  3. Leo

Leo Horny Mushroom

May 6, 2015
    Male
    7:21 PM
    Ebonix
    Beginner
    What invictus said is true, i think maybe make the scrolls mob drops but not at a crazy high rate that would allow people to abuse it, then make gacha more expensive so 2k per ticket in this instance it wouldnt be much of a difference if someone has a gach mule since it would only get them 5 tiks with 10k nx then make mob equip drops maybe give more meso from npc's so new comers dont struggle with the fact they missed out on gach runs etc to make mesos ar low lvls, and 2x exp would be stupid, 2x drop would be okay if it was only 1 hour 2x card for 2-3k nx or so.

4. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    2:21 AM
    Kim has already dismissed 2x exp cards; they will never be added. We're looking at 2x drop cards instead.

• Like Like x 2
  5. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    So you're saying we should never add anything to the cash shop ever because some people might break the rules? I really wish you would trust the userbase of this server more.

OT: Earlier I said that 2x drops might be good but now I'm against the idea. Honestly I think it might be a good donor item but of course that will never happen because of how anti-p2w this server is (based kim)

2x drop cards shouldn't be added for the same reason 2x exp cards shouldn't: people will be completely demotivated to try to get any items outside of the time during which their 2x card is active.

To say that it will save the economy is really stupid, because our economy doesn't need saving. And if it did, 2x cards would do nothing to help it.

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    2:21 PM
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    The idea was to have SOMETHING worth spending NX on other than Gachapon so the market is not flooded with Gach-only items.

7. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    Spoiler alert: The market will be flooded with gach-only items either way. And so it was in GMS.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    1:21 PM
    Nikki
    Assassin
    No, quit taking my multiple day old post out of context and putting a negative spin on it. We shouldn't add more items into the cash shop that advance the gameplaying/meso-making ability of a player, as a bunch of people already are or were abusing votes. People would rather cheat than prioritize their NX. And if you make cheating as easy as using a proxy, you instantly have more cheaters.

9. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    if you would stop making stupid posts, i would stop making fun of them

• Like Like x 1
  10. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    My original post went hand in hand with your attempt at articulation involving 2x drop and other 'cash shop extras' that demotivate people to play under normal circumstance, yet you quoted a small part, attempting to put a negative spin on my post. Please either lrn2reading comprehension, quit trolling, or quit posting

you're just mad I call your loser ass out for being a burrito eating neckbeard whenever possible

11. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    that's because i only disagreed with a small part of the post. quoting things you agree with just causes a circlejerk which i have already gotten in trouble for in past

12. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    Welp i'm sorry but if your logic regarding the matter went full circle, and if you realized that when some people get demotivated they cheat rather than be lazy, you may disagree with your disagreement. Its not a matter of trusting the userbase, its a matter of understanding what certain people will do to get ahead, and than applying those methods to the cash shop so that the least amount of abuse happens.

Some people don't just sit idly and eat hot pockets whenever they lose. They find a way to win. Yourwelcome for the lesson in human nature.

13. NSFW

NSFW Skelegon

Dec 11, 2014
    NSFW
    then that's a good thing because it will let us weed out those people using the autoban systems.

14. Nikki

Nikki Selkie Jr.

Apr 16, 2015
    Female
    Nikki
    Assassin
    YUP totally, the auto ban catches ALL abusers of the NX system no matter their shape, size, and type MapleF3

Lets add more ways to use a daily, IP dependent, voting system to obtain advantages in the game that everybody already sees as necessary elements, especially once they have them. Oh, and lets make sure that we never add ways to gain any real value through having to work for it in different/new ways, would rather click a vote button MapleF8MapleF8MapleF8MapleF8MapleF8

15. Admiral

Admiral Mushmom

May 30, 2015
    8:21 PM
    Why not make it so that in order to buy something from the Cash Shop, the user must have actively played a certain amount of time on the game (e.g 30 hours). This way people could still abuse the voting system but will have it incredibly hard to purchase anything, unless they spend most of their time on playing with mules, what nobody would do if the time requirement was large enough.

16. OP
    OP
    Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    Login to mule, afk, go to work, come back 8hrs later.

17. Cyber Bully

Cyber Bully Mano

May 18, 2015
    Male
    FlangBlade
    Warrior
    I prefer 2x exp Great Idea!!!

18. 3DegreeChill

3DegreeChill Master Chronos

Apr 18, 2015
    Felicia
    Priest
    Majestic
    no, were never doing it...

i think the best solution right now is to just do something that wont buff mages, 2xdrop will be exploited by mages making int prices already skyrocket due to hp washing. spreading gach and giving every town the same rates and items is better imo.

19. Horizon

Horizon Blue Snail

Dec 13, 2014
    Male
    Ohio
    I think 2x drop is a wonderful idea, besides hunting for equipment, scroll hunting for scrolls not offered from Gach is a major pain in the arse. I don't even think they need to be that expensive in terms of nx, (5k nx for 2-4 hours?). The amount that it would upset the market wouldn't even make a dent compared to Gach, and if it does it will only stabalize prices of gach items with non-gach items a bit. By being able to hunt for the proper equipment and other scrolls we need, we could even better utilize dark scrolls and scrolls from Gach in general thus making a dent in the large sum of dark scrolls accumulating.

20. Bulba

Bulba Skelegon Retired Staff

Dec 11, 2014
    Male
    Singapore
    2:21 AM
    I do feel that Gach is currenty hurting the economy somewhat, so it should be tweaked or fixed. Now assuming that it is fixed, then 2x Drop would have a greater impact. Also, I think OP mentioned that the point of him suggesting this is to offer players an alternative way to drain their NX so they spend less on gach? If so, the price should be higher, if not maybe consider making it 1.2~1.5x Drop instead.