1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

How long are you allowed to hold an HT channel?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jesscapades, Aug 10, 2020.

1. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    6:53 AM
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    mantouksmantouks
    Your responses only explain how things currently are while others in this thread are trying to discuss ways we can make better the situation by clarifying the rules. I already understand how things are , but it's evident that the way things are have been leading to unnecessary problems. I understand that the cave is FFA, but we are trying to have a conversation in which we can brainstorm a more fair and balanced format.

I listed out a specific situation where two parties are in conflict with mapholding and delayed schedules. In response to this, Nise said that you shouldn't concede the map especially if your intent is to run. This is why I bring up the idea that hogging sign ups at the entrance and going in and not spawning are effectively the same thing in a situation of non-grievance - the intent has always been to use the map.

Also, if the punishment of griefing is going to be judged based on intent, I find it very hard to believe this policy can be fairly administered without bias or preferential treatment. There already have been instances of immediate judgment by a GM with no discussion involved, which is why people in this thread are asking for clarification on the rules in hopes of having more consistency in future judgments.

In every other instance of the game, policy has favored a first-come first-served spirit of gamesmanship, which I think most people can generally agree with. Wishful thinking is assuming people will have the decency to cooperate. Rules of the game state otherwise. This is where the conflict lies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Bergboy

Bergboy Orange Mushroom

Mar 16, 2020
    Male
    9:53 PM
    Bishop
    A G A P E
    Petition to close this thread for the time being since its only getting bumped with off topic contributions. If staff have something to say than they'll do that.

• Funny Funny x 9
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  3. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:53 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    It's a slippery slope argument where everyone acknowledges that these things, although may not currently happen, may still happen in the future.

relevant video

I fail to see how the organic discussions are so off topic as they still relate to the original discussion in its entirety.

4. OP
    OP
    jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    9:53 AM
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    • Funny Funny x 3