1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Either make multi-computer boss multiclienting bannable, or revert the multiclienting restrictions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Selquin, May 27, 2020.

what to do?

1. Ban all boss multiclienting

2. Make boss multiclienting unrestricted

3. Keep it as it is right now(multiple computer allowed)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    3:56 PM
    DMsRebirth
    Making boss mules isn't exactly a casual endeavor. The kind of people who have the time and finances to make multiple mules of level 135+ are also the kind of people who have most to lose from risking getting banned.

2. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    12:56 PM
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    This simply isn't true. Never underestimate people's stupidity. Just because something is stupid doesn't mean people won't do it. You've seen many high level players get banned for stupid things because they assume they won't get caught.

Sure, most people won't do it, but there will be people who do.

3. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Is this really a counter-point, though? Like we've said, the purpose of preventative policy is to be mostly effective. If a policy is mostly a good one where people self-police, it's proven to be effective since it's reducing the amount of physical monitoring needed to be done. No policy will ever be 100% effective in a chaotic world with free will.

4. magykarp

magykarp Horny Mushroom

Jul 6, 2018
    Male
    magykarp
    My reason for wanting to bring mules to HT is so that I can HT with people I like and not be restricted to any meta team composition. It just so happens that the players I want to HT with don't have expensive gear, don't have a mage to fund themselves with, and don't form the most damage optimized setup. Being able to bring an HH mule helps make up for some of our shortcomings. To be honest I would rather not run HT at all than run with people I don't like for 4 hours.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    iPippy
    About ht specifically, it's odd because it is both easy and hard, depending on who you ask. If you have a mule, you probably dont need one. If you "need" a mule, you probably don't have one. It just flips the table on Dragon gatekeeping. Before, unexperienced runners thought they couldnt get a group because they didnt have a mule; now they cant get in because they dont have their mules :yay:

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    This was the expected response by the community of runners and has been expressed numerous times in this thread.
    The problem is that you can't force inclusion. You can only incentivize it externally.

There's nothing stopping inexperienced runners from forming groups themselves. Is it meso-inefficient? Yes. So are lots of other things in this game. That's not a pre-requisite to run, though.

To ask higher leveled groups to open up to include lower-leveled, inexperienced players to their runs is along the same lines as asking them to donate to charity. Forcing them to do so becomes ridiculous.

"Now they can't get in because they don't have their mules"
    This is factually incorrect.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. RemiIia

RemiIia Mr. Anchor

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    Hey, I actually love teamwork and boss running with close friends or with my guild. I'm all for the inclusiveness but sometimes I need to do things on my own.
    there are times when I NEED TO SOLO to attempt scrolling new Targa helmets for my bishop so I wouldn't be selling any services anyway on my solo run.
    It doesn't mean I want to exclude people/guildmates.
    It simply means~ I would rather save them time whereas I can focus on myself since they're fine without having my main character be apart of the group run.

I hope they can at least make it an exceptional rule where u can bring alts/mules to a boss run as long as you're going into a boss run with your characters only(strictly your characters and no one else's) So please consider letting us solo whatever bosses we want to solo with our alts if we desire to.

Also

In regards to the most recent changes, I do think this can be a positive direction as long as the economy can adjust itself to these changes, meaning: the fixed prices of the Helmet, Mon, HTP services go up to compensate the volume of more players joining boss runs.

a slight increase to drop rate of bosses should be considered as well.

however, with prices of these services going up we need to increase the drop rate of gachapon tickets or filter out undesirable goods from gachapon rewards.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    The economy can and will adjust itself, but whether that’s in the direction of higher or lower prices is indiscernible, and I don’t think it’s safe to claim that one scenario is more desirable than another.

Yes, prices of HTP, MW20 and etc are down right now, but what does that actually impact? It makes sense that if scrolls like CFA or CS are down 50%, that I shouldn’t be able to afford twice as many scrolls by providing the same service. You could argue that some of these prices should go down even more; high-level players who offer these goods and services have more purchasing power than before, compared to the other players.

On the other hand, you could argue that the price was undervalued before due to more sellers than buyers needed, and that an influx of buyers should alleviate the seller’s surplus and raise the price. In the end, it’s a pretty useless debate that most economists have abandoned because there is simply no way to observe the actual supply and demand. (instead, microeconomists have shifted their focus towards finding better ways to observe supply and demand)

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    3:56 AM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    bump gm please?

• Funny Funny x 3
  10. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    Dear gm, the game I knew and loved so much has changed so much with this change. After this change, whenever I play the game I have two set up my old laptop on my desk taking up so much of my small table space. Game become so much more sweaty, I now have to have to use two mouses and use my 4G wifi for bossing. Please change this in next patch either ban all multi clienting abuse in bossing, or allow all on one PC.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. redblueblur

redblueblur Mr. Anchor

Dec 18, 2017
    Male
    Z00M
    Beginner
  12. LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    10:56 PM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    "No Pay2Win"
    Please either revert changes or make Multi clienting in Zak/HT/Scar as a whole bannable. Not everyone can allow themselves having a 2nd or 3rd PC to play their beloved game properly and match and be even with others!
    Whoever had more than 1 PC made profits of huge extent and remained untouched while the regular single-PC owner just got further restrictions.
    You've made a mistake and it's not too late to fix it.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    Just ban muling altogether.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    If you can just take a step back and look at the situation before the change, no one was really complaining except a handful.

Look at it now.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  15. OP
    OP
    Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    1:56 PM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    The lack of transparency from staff is somewhat understandable given that internal discussion and acquisition of data is necessary before staff can make a decision. However, surely it has been enough time for the staff to come to a conclusion about this issue, it would be real nice if we can get an official comment from either the staff or kimmy.

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    bump :( at this point i'm more sad about the lack of communication than the multiclienting change

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 4
  17. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    I'm on a break and I still visit this post for an update

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    9:56 PM
    Moderator Post
    Going to close this thread for time being since its only getting bumped with no contributions anymore. If we have something to say than we'll do that.

• Funny Funny x 10
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.