1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Increase HP/MP from "Bloodwashing" (adding AP to HP/MP)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Daydreamer, Sep 26, 2022.

1. Daydreamer

Daydreamer Headless Horseman

Jul 8, 2017
    Male
    3:32 PM
    I/L Arch Mage
    This suggestion is not to make HP washing easier, or more effective, or less required for high-end content and min-maxers. This is simply to make adding raw AP to HP/MP more viable for more off-meta and casual players who don't mind sacrificing damage in exchange for more survivability or the option to enter bosses they wouldn't otherwise be able to. At the moment, most jobs get so little HP/MP from straight AP that it is not worth sacrificing some damage for it at all. If more HP/MP were gained per AP, it might make it a little better as an option.

2. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:32 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  3. ahotbanana

ahotbanana Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

Sep 27, 2015
    Male
    UK
    11:32 PM
    If adding fresh AP to HP gave more HP than it currently does, which I think is what the suggestion here is (if I'm wrong, please correct me), then that would make HP washing easier. While the ultra-sweaties mostly wash with stale AP, they will still add fresh AP to HP for their washes when possible. It would mean you'd need fewer total washes, ie. less int to do the washes, for the same HP goal.

Edit (just came to me): if you want to sacrifice damage for HP, you can already do that by scrolling for HP instead of other stats.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. HimeHam

HimeHam Pac Pinky

Mar 22, 2020
    Female
    4:32 PM
    Corsair
    If you could take out a bloodwashed point from HP without having a net loss, and if Bloodwashing gave more for the sacrificed damage, I think only then would it gain any form of viability. It's hard to make any changes to it though, since you'd be editing formulas that people use to HP wash, and people would get angry if you nerf / buff washing at this stage in the server's life.