1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

inflation, not a shrinking problem but still a growing problem.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by RemiIia, Apr 26, 2022.

Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.
  1. RemiIia

RemiIia Windraider

Jan 25, 2019
    Female
    8:02 PM
    ⚜RemiIia Scarlet⚜
    Night Lord
    ⚜Scarlet⚜
    first off. I am a retired player so it really does not effect me in anyway.

And anyways~
    we should take the time to applaud the efforts of everyone who has implemented the prestigious coin system in the game, I think it helps the server as a whole move in the right direction.
    I love that it encourages bossing within the community however, it didn't exactly prevent what it had meant to do.

since the ever-growing problem that the free marketers still use ws/cs as a store of value which caused the abnormal rate of inflation to score so high, it bought the attention of players and the game staff.
    it may have stopped, temporarily, or slowed down the process of inflation by shifting the focus of white scrolls and chaos scrolls back into goods of use for character progression rather than hoarding mesos. the game has improved a bit.

the problem isn't supplying the server with these scrolls, in fact, the new reward systems implemented promotes the supplies of white scrolls and chaos scrolls through normal gameplay which is great! And now thankfully these scrolls have been made untradeable as well to further the prevention of unfair circulation and accumulation for certain players.

I will not provide data because it is too obvious, so no point really and you'd have to ask my quantitative team anyway~

anyways, what we should suggest now making pouches untradeable and limiting the prestigious coin price ceiling to 1,000,000 Mesos. Not exceeding or proceeding less.
    So with that change, the staff will have to determine a new conversion rate of pouches 1-5 for coins, whereas the conversion rate of (x amount of coin for scroll can remain the same.) the idea of this is that you can't offload pouches into shops or liquidate the scrolls for easy Mesos and with less coins from pouches it won't be too abundant for players to just buy coins easily either since gathering 100,000,000 Mesos isn't a challenge for some.

If we can limit both of these processes in shops and trade, we will effectively and indefinitely cap the price of ws/cs to 100-110m. More importantly to keep in mind is how this brings back the focus of gameplay for players to use the prestigious coin system solely as a way for character progression, i.e upgrading equipments!

And here you have it, goodbye inflation! ( of ws/cs)

in regards to the negative feedback on this post that I would likely get from certain players. This is a suggestion for improvement and promoting the natural progression of the gameplay that evens out the leveling field for all.

• Disagree x 11
    • Agree x 4
    • Informative x 2
    • Friendly x 2
    • Like x 1
Thread Status:
You must be a logged-in, registered member of this site to view further posts in this thread.