1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Accepted Make Outlaw's Burst Fire Active

Discussion in 'Accepted' started by Imberos, Mar 19, 2023.

1. Imberos

Imberos Horny Mushroom

Nov 20, 2018
    1:21 AM
    Liffon
    Priest
    Hey all,

As you may know, Burst Fire is the triple shot that is used by outlaws. At first, the problem with this skill is that it is a direct downgrade to the basic double shot until putting 11 points into its (comparing dpm). Secondly it locks you from using double shot.

I suggest this skill will become active so outlaws will be able to choose to use it or double shot, like NLs can choose between lucky seven and triple throw of archers can choose between double shot and strafe.

Edit: I hear people asking for Burst Fire speed buff but that requires some more consideration. In my opinion making the skill active is the least that can be done without considering any balance changes

Last edited: Apr 23, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  2. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    8:21 PM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
  3. Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    4:21 PM
    If it's possible client-wise, sure, I don't see why not as a QoL. That aside, at the very least, it shouldn't take 11 points to make it better than Double Shot-- among the many problems of Outlaws.

For reference, despite the speed of Gun attacks (which isn't that significant as Claws are also usually Fast speed), it always deals less than the Sin counterpart with Shadow Partner + Critical Throw (that 200% damage is too good...) when keeping in mind potential buffs for Corsairs pre-4th.

4. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    With challenge system and class reworks in mind, staff should probably take the time to look over all the skills and restructure them so that there isn't some arbitrary minimum level required to attain breakeven effectiveness. This type of logic has been applied in the past to things like Enrage (it used to take like 21 levels before Enrage became better than Rage). I don't see why it shouldn't be applied for others.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Siegfried

Siegfried Master Chronos

Apr 21, 2017
    Male
    I'd like to review this again, since I realised it was sort of my fault this post became a suggestion in the first place.

I'm sorry. I first suggested Double Shot to be buffed years ago here : https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/scaling-pirates-double-shot-properly.11881/

But, I forgot to take into consideration Burst Fire.

Obviously, the Burst Fire progression scaling has to be fixed so it's stronger than DS at the start, but, now a new question arises: do we buff Burst Fire further to match the DS's buff of +20% or just fix the progression scaling?

I'm going to go on a limb here and make some educated guesses based on some math I had made in an earlier post about bullet damage. and say that the gap between Hermits and Outlaws solo damage is still as big, or bigger, because of some findings below.

Hermits would still out-damage Outlaws even with a no bullet restriction damage upgrade AND potential damage buff, due to the same Critical Throw OP-ness and their new Shadow Partner skill in third job (+2 more lines).

Ironically enough, Burst Fire is also slower than Lucky Seven. Have a look:

Lucky Seven/Triple Throw/Drain/Shadow Meso/Normal Attack
    Faster (2): 600ms (-210ms) <== With booster on, Skanda's and Red Cravens (Fast (4)) have this speed.
    Faster (3): 660ms (-150ms)
    Fast (4): 720ms (-90ms)
    Fast (5): 750ms (-60ms)
    Normal (6): 810ms

Double Shot
    Faster (2): 360ms (-120ms)
    Faster (3): 390ms (-90ms)
    Fast (4): 420ms (-60ms)
    Fast (5): 450ms (-30ms)
    Normal (6): 480ms

Blank Shot/Burst Fire
    Faster (2): 660ms (-180ms)
    Faster (3): 690ms (-150ms) <== Most, if not, all guns have this speed after Booster (Fast (5) + booster 2)
    Fast (4): 750ms (-90ms)
    Fast (5): 810ms (-30ms)
    Normal (6): 840ms

To improve Burst Fire, its scaling could be fixed while maintaining the same maximum damage, but its speed could be increased by around 10-20% to align with the Corsair class identity of high speed equating to higher damage per minute (DPM).

Obviously, we can give it a straight buff like Double Shot, but, DS was already fast to begin with.

Again, this hinges on the gap between Outlaw and Hermits for the math I didn't do (yet), if it's actually true (probably is, tbh).

Minor edit add-on:

Bowman's Strafe is as fast(er) as Burst Fire, lol.

Strafe/Arrow Rain/Inferno/Arrow Bomb/Normal Attack
    Faster (2): 600ms (-210ms)
    Faster (3): 660ms (-150ms) <== This one if using the Maple Kandiva bows (lv64)
    Fast (4): 720ms (-90ms) <== This one if using the Nisrock-tier bows (lv 100)
    Fast (5): 750ms (-60ms)
    Normal (6): 810ms

At the higher levels, Burst Fire is only about 4% faster than Strafe, which isn't really fair IMO.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Azer

Azer Red Snail

Mar 21, 2023
    Male
    12:21 AM
    LePewe
    Beginner, I/L Mage, Gunslinger
    I agree with everything

7. bigbutts

bigbutts Brown Teddy