1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[MONSTER MAGNET] Suggestion for the balance team

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Myungsoo, Feb 26, 2021.

1. Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    3:51 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Hi,

Right now Monster Magnet feels incredibly clunky. Especially considering that you need to charge it, makes it often not worth it to level the skill at all considering that Rush is instant.

Suggestion
    I see the following options as a way to make this skill more interesting.
    • Make it instant
    • Reduce the charge time and increase it's range by 100%
    • Keep the cast but increase it's range by 150%
    This skill has potential but currently not effective.

I hope you will like it.

2. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:51 PM
    I take it you've never seen the effectiveness of the magnet on the bean.

It's insane as it is right now.

In terms of range, with MM 30 you can pull a wyvern from the top right block to the top left block (see below)
    upload_2021-2-26_17-31-27.png
    In contrast snatch doesn't even have half that range.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Myungsoo

Myungsoo Slimy

Apr 10, 2020
    Male
    3:51 PM
    Robinn
    Crossbowman
    Sure, but I'm talking about leveling.
    You're describing something that applies to bossing, but that's not the intention of this thread.

(It's my fault for poorly describing that)

4. MrPresident

MrPresident Capt. Latanica

Dec 19, 2017
    10:51 AM
    MrPresident
    Spearman
    Like banana said magnet is very useful for bossing and the range is already insane. I’ve even found it to be semi decent when I was grinding my DK to pull far away 7f mobs so I didn’t have to be out of place for next spawn wave. Only thing I’d like is a better description of how it actually works. As far as I know charging magnet only increases how many mobs it can pull but the skill description is very vague. At least something like “charging this skill increases the mobs pulled to a maximum of 6”.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BananaPie

BananaPie Selkie Jr.

Dec 22, 2019
    Male
    2:51 PM
    I'm just saying you're wrong when you say it's not worth levelling the skill at all. In fact it's huge value if you level it because it now works on bosses.

It also has huge benefits for training - the range I showed above in Horntail is massive, meaning you can stand at the shelves or close to the shelves and lure the mobs that go to the right portal in 7F without much reposition.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Quintarius

Quintarius Orange Mushroom

Nov 22, 2017
    Male
    7:51 AM
    Valtarius
    Dark Knight
    Soldier
    As an avid magnet user before this update, the only thing I can think of that magnet would need (to be usable at lower levels for grinding) would be to increase the chance of success and range at lower levels. I wont lie magnet at level 1 or 10 kind of sucks due to the puny range and low success rate. Nevertheless, monster magnet at level 30 is an absolutely wonderful skill and does not need an increase to its range. If we where to increase the range of monster magnet by 100% of what it already is it would be absolutely ridiculous and unbalanced. Heck people in hd1 would be pulling mobs they didn't even know existed if the range of monster magnet at level 30 was increased by 100% of what it already is.

RED: what the range of mm30 is currently GREEN: what it would be if you increased the range by 100% of what it already is BLUE: what the range would be if increased by 150%
    [​IMG]

yeah just from this image alone I'm pretty sure you can tell it would be absolutely broken if the range was increased by 100% or 150%

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    10:51 AM
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    Is this an appropriate time now to hijack the thread and ask for a snatch range buff? :yay: