1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Multiclienting/Multi login

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Invictus, Aug 19, 2015.

1. Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    3:47 PM
    Invictus
    Priest
    Hello everyone,
    To all of you who have bishops and mages, I salute you XD
    I'd like to suggest that they'd enable multi login from the same pc since when I login the other client, it dcs me on the character screen saying "account is already logged in or under inspection".
    I hope that the staff would take into consideration that it'd be lame to have to use another pc just to do the same thing, some players don't have the option/luxury.
    I don't think that this will ruin the game in any way since most people I know have 2 pcs.... I don't.
    Some people are able to use virtual machines, however it's a pain in the ass.
    Sandboxie works for some, vmware works for some and for me I have my own old school method.
    May I also note that once an account is stuck, you can no longer long on any other account nor report it to a gm in game quickly since you guys somehow disabled mutli login.
    The way I see it, these certain benefits will be met:
    1) Less people logging in from multiple PCs that might cause a confusion of bans
    2) More people able to login as soon as they're stuck and informing the game masters to unstuck them
    3) Fair gameplay for most players who just own one PC and cannot get a 2nd one
    4) We'll have better attackers to take on bosses once leeched, which will enable the server's market to grow more and more

I hope you guys fix it for the sake of an equal gameplay at least :)
    Other than that, thank you for taking the time to read this.

Edit: Clearing the issue up, back in the days, I used to log in different windows users, launch maple on a different windows user and log in a different maple account, playing 2 accounts the same time, having to switch in between windows users to play them.
    For some reason, this does not work here, I'd love to see it working the way the old ms used to be.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  2. lemontea

lemontea Master Chronos

Jul 14, 2015
    Male
    5:47 AM
    lemontea
    Bishop
    Halcyon
    Are you referring to logging in to a different account, or logging into the same account from two different computers?

In any case, I doubt that anything would be actively done about it since GMS didn't allow multiple clients. I'm fairly sure that this topic has been brought up before, but you've already provided the roundabout solution in the form of VMware, which to my knowledge some people have used successfully.

In as far as self leeching goes, if i remember correctly, Kim isn't a big fan of leeching in general, much less so self leeching.

Hopefully someone can give a more eloquent reasoning for this than me. I'd like to see where the administrators stand on this issue. As far as i know, having multiple accounts (for storage, etc) is allowed.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    Invictus
    Priest
    Nope, I am talking about logging in, two different accounts, same pc, they don't enable that, on GMS it worked fine, I did it a lot.
    of course there is a trick to it, I'd make a tutorial about it once it's enabled :D
    In my opinion the majority's will is being subjugated to the minority's will here if the staff do not agree, I mean it's just another part of the classic old maplestory that we all loved, let alone the fact maple weapons aren't here and that bosses spawn times delays are prolonged, provided with less channels....
    It would be nice to just for once, witness the staff doing something for the sake of the players instead of their gaming personal values, I'm sure they're mature and that they should be able to reach a satisfactory decision on this topic.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
  4. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    8:47 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    First let me start off by saying I've been playing GMS since a little after the beginning and multi-clienting was never allowed or enabled by Wizet/Neckson. There were ways around it but it was never enabled by default. Since we are a GMS like server I wholeheartedly disagree with enabling this.

Now I have a a crappy Gateway NV57H laptop, which is a laptop from 2011 and I'm able to use a VM to multi client just fine. Setting up a VM is straightforward and easy, there are a lot of guides out there. If needed I can make one here but I know the staff don't necessarily support multi-clienting.

For this very reason the forum chat-box comes in handy as well as having other @GM for you, say by telling them over skype.

1) I don't quite understand what you mean.

2) Besides the fact that the server has a system in place that will "auto unstuck" you after a few minutes if you need to reach a GM that badly the forum chat-box is there for a reason.

3) To people who own one PC the same methods are available to them as they are to everyone else (besides owning a second PC). VMs, sandiebox, etc. If you really need to multi-client that badly, google is your best friend.

4) This isn't necessarily true, you're implying that everyone is going to make a bishop. When even now some of the highest level attackers (Next, Losjington, Aero etc) don't have a bishop. Also if you look at some of the higher level attackers that do have bishops you'll notice a lot of them have left. A side effect of having a bishop and leeching yourself to the top is you get so damn bored.

• Like Like x 3
  5. OP
    OP
    Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    Invictus
    Priest
    You just didn't get the idea, I am not talking about opening multiple clients together in the same desktop, I am talking about enabling multi login in case I create another user on my desktop, parallel users, that's how I did it back then and it worked fine.

Besides, the "gms like server" thing is a joke, no maple weapons, no proper bosses, the channel count will never be the same, you'll have to get the idea that the old experience can never be replicated no matter what, I just had to accept it.

6. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon

That was never a thing, show me proof otherwise but you were never able to log into the same account multiple times. Weather you think it's "a joke" or not the server strives to provide a GMS like experience. Its been said on multiple occasions.

No maple weapons: Besides the fact maple weapons are pretty op they were only given during yearly anniversary events. The server has only been open a few months and it has been said they might be given in future events.

No proper bosses: what does this even mean? All the bosses are working just like they did in GMS, save the zakum DC but thats an user GFX issue thats being worked on, so what exactly do you mean?

7. OP
    OP
    Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    Invictus
    Priest
    I am taking about multiple login on the desktop, different users on windows, I never claimed I logged in the SAME account, that would be ridiculous lol.....

8. Latte

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    Ah ok, your wording was iffy, I get what you mean now, I don't see how its possible without fully enabling being able to multi-clienting in general. Which obviously has been denied multiple times. Though if you truly need to access another account you still can get around this by using a VM.

Also I've asked to questions you never bothered to address clarifying a few of your points.

in reference to
    and

in reference to

9. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:47 PM
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Sorry to break it to you, but...
    1. It's not GMS-like, they never enabled multiclienting in any way other than with a GM client.
    2. It's a client-sided thing that, as far as my knowledge goes, can't even be changed to begin with. The blocks put in place by Legends on programs (e.g. Sandboxie I believe) can be removed but that won't make much of a change to the current situation anyway.

10. OP
    OP
    Invictus

Invictus Chronos

May 14, 2015
    Male
    Lonely planet
    Invictus
    Priest
    I love it how you all preach against multiclienting yet you use it with virtual machines, why not just enable it for everybody ?
    it's a no brainer anyways, I don't see the point in torturing people into downloading VMs and teaching them how to flash ISOs in the machines with the right settings and etc.

11. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon

• Like Like x 5
  12. beamcasting

beamcasting Capt. Latanica

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    New york America
    yiko (banned)
    Bishop
    Hogwarts
  13. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    This is currently under heavy discussion with staff. We will come up with our final answer by time a new client is released.

I bump this up so the discussion in general keeps going.

• Like Like x 2
  14. zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    i really dont give a shit about this anymore .. If the GM's make it so you cant do it than everyone who has done it for the past 4 months will have more of an advantage .. If I want to log on my HS mule and duo skeles with an atker I should be allowed too (2 PC's)

I do think the self leech is pretty annoying tho , considering bishops are amongst the richest people in the server (other than people who liquidate zak helms) but whatever to each their own im over worrying about what other people on maple are doing i really didnt care much to begin with .. But to make things fair would be cool but I use 2 PC's .. I think VMware/sandbox should be not allowed

15. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    I agree, leeching is not my cup of tea. No need to make it easier.

16. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    Says the guy who leeched his sin to 70 Kappa

• Like Like x 3
  17. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:47 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    There is no way to determine hence neither prove that the character logged in is using a VM or another physical computer though...

Last edited: Sep 7, 2015
  18. Worry

Worry Dark Stone Golem

Aug 4, 2015
    Female
    Middle of Nowhere
    6:47 AM
    Helga
    Spearman
    Halcyon
    Welcome to old maple. Bishop was overpowered there for the same reasons. Its nothing new that people who play bishop will just afk sell leech and make stupid money.

Dual clienting is something that shouldn't be allowed in the first place. Its not a matter of fairness or balance. It's a matter of integrity for the server.If 10 of 100 people are dual clienting on 2 computers sure they might have a advantage over those with only one computer. But it requires them to be actively using their advantage. Which isn't all that common.

Now if they make dual clienting legal for everyone. Now we have 50 to 70 people per 100 using two clients at once which artificially inflates the servers population and making us look bad.

Imagine how a new player would think of they came into the server only to find half the people were afk leeching themselves. It just looks awful and forces more people to play bishops even if they dont want to, because its the only way they can make enough money to catch up to the ridiculously inflated prices that multi-clienting will lead to. When everyone has bishops and just leeches themselves and other for money all day, you're no longer playing the game.

This change would just force people into a cornor of accepting that they'll have to be poorer than dirt, or forcing them to submit to making a bishop just like everyone else.

Id keep going but I'm on my phone. And this is murder on my fingers. I'll edit this later.

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
    • Like Like x 5
  19. Redwine

Redwine Capt. Latanica

Apr 20, 2015
    USA
    Redwine
    CIRCUS
    Bump

My view on this is to allow if possible (not sure what this sandboxie stuff is or whatever tho)

FYI, I was triple-clienting pretty much for my last 2 months with a bishop leeching a corsair, with a mule for meso-up or hb. Would've done quad-client but computer couldn't handle 3 VMs running at once. I even zak'ed with two characters at once holding down heal+dispel macro with my right toe while attacking with my corsair. To echo sentiments above, either completely disallow multiple logins by one person, or eliminate the restriction completely.

20. Franco

Franco Wolfspider

May 25, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    9:47 AM
    Hotguy6pack/Enough
    Night Lord
    Project
    Why do you do this?! BibleThump

• Like Like x 4