1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Neo Tokyo Bosses' droprates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LurkinShadow, Oct 2, 2019.

1. KurayamiLove

KurayamiLove Skelegon

Mar 15, 2015
    Male
    Nautilus
    7:56 AM
    KurayamiLove/Nagrom/Amatista
    Buccaneer
    Halcyon
    I wonder the drops depend on: the people that participate, the people that damage the boss, if the finishing blow is a single target attack. Maybe is coincidence but ive seen more and better drops when I solo the bosses than when I go with a crew of 4-5 ppl, with a party is not rare that we get absolutely no drop or just 1 drop (a crystal).
    The prequest are ok tho. I hate more the HT ones, you have to do them again and again and again, that quest drags me nuts, the stupid manon part.

2. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    8:56 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    If NT weapons (clean-near perfect clean) sell this high, no reason to lower their crafting materials' prices so thats not a solution. Your interest as NT bosses' runner is to actually have drops (yeah, it isn't granted at all to have any!) and when you do, and finally do, why would you lower its price? It's a common interest of NT community.
    Also for Kurayami, not everyone's able to actually solo these bosses, yeah there're some ppl who do (myself among them, but I rather not!) and it'll take them over 1 hour for each boss.
    My last Dunas solo took me 1hour and 20minutes.
    I got a coin at the end of it.
    I could do HT/CWK that same time.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    1:56 AM
    To answer a few things and my ideas.
    Initial hype is always a thing for anything, once it gets released it dies down that's what happens as players get accustomed to it.
    Not everyone wants to grind and that's fair, NT gives the opportunity for players to go into multiple bosses twice daily (8 total).
    Grinding at 5/6 7/F will always be the highest EXP there's not much comparison.
    NT in my opinion has one of the highest possible money making opportunities out there, for literally no setup of buyers, and a few party members. (A small party can already clear and of these bosses in 30-40 minutes).
    Plants and stones, scrolls (shield wa/ma), glave weapons, star/bullet, earrings, dkanjar.

End game when you reach that peak of perfect weapon/glove, a good cape etc. You're going to be spending upwards of 1B+ for a small upgrade of damage, and that's expected.

Most of the gear listed about is mostly used by end game, high leveled players. Most of the community isn't at the point where that is a necessity so it's hard to really see if the market is really skewed by the lack of interest of NT or whether it is just that they haven't reached that level yet.

You can see how the effect of players surging to a specific level can have an effect on book prices, Gen 20 for example was sitting at less than 20m for a period of time. With the sudden splurge of bishops reaching that level and officially needing the books, the prices shot up to 40-50m.

• Agree Agree x 7
  4. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I agree with most written text.
    But although we gathered non-biased information of NT bosses' droprates in details, it still seems you're missing the point.
    Money making in NT? yeah, if you run these daily and willing to take the risk of having failed craft (over 60m each craft!) and have much funding that will allow you to take it. For the future bossers that plan to make money, it's just an hoax with current droprates. (For the time spent in NT, I could already have done much greater profit using usual alternatives, again.)
    Also I'll leave the fact that crafting ETCs I garthered (after long time) are still not able to get sold so the resell factor of drops isn't that big of a deal. (And no, I don't wish to underprice hard earned items. That's the price that present in most FM stores and I'm inline with that notion.)
    Also regarding small setup of party memebrs, what does it worth if you make 30minutes runs or so with 3-4 members but still end up getting most times nonsellable/profitable goods? (and that happenes too often! That's not that low sum of attackers; I've been to alot of 4 ppl CWKPQ runs and it was alright!)
    I just think with NT release there were made (won't point fingers) fake endgame standards for only tier S attackers and that's alright; Stating it has huge potential drops and money making adventures is just and right as well; But differ reality and expectations- because as our sheet shows, we had at least 80 (I can assure you it will be quite the same with the 2nd time we gather info. regarding 100 more runs) runs that were plain waste of our time.
    On another note, I'd like to see times when we could actually underprice (?) our plants and stones to let more higher tier endgame bossers emerge, but these are just wet dreams.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Even without buyers, raw farming ulu 2 or skeles is better money than NT on average and much more consistent, and while NT is certainly easier to organize than HT, I wouldn't say that it's really easy either, since you generally need HB for Verga and Nibergen (so the aggro target can survive on the bottom left), a pinner for Nameless, and some ranged characters (who can take 10k damage) for Dunas. (There are also people who run solos, but the number of people who have the time and capability to do such a thing is even smaller.) Also, as I have said already, plants and stones actually have very small market due to the amount of coins needed to convert them into something useful, and the massive amount of RNG required with crafting weapons (MTK isn't RNG but crafting MTK is a gigantic loss with the current market rates), so they take a long time to turn into actual money, and a long time to turn into a grave too.

I do agree that graves and MTK/bullets are very much endgame contents and should be suitably rare (although it should still be noted that once PB gets released and reverse weapons become available, even without any form of levelling, most graves will lose relevance, except for 1h sword/mace, and possibly 2h sword and dagger), but right now NT is simply unattractive to the point where it's difficult to even find people running it (there are generally like 5 regular hosts drawing from a pool of maybe like 10-20 runners, plus a few rogue soloers like me and Akash) because HT has it beaten hands down in both experience and money, and even CWK is more rewarding to do and generally much easier to organize due to the lower level needed, so the only people who even do NT are generally people who want chairs, have too much time on their hands even after HT runs and CWK runs, or conversely people who have too little time on their hands to run HT/CWK - in two latter cases, people who don't run NT because they want, but because they don't have anything else to run with their time, and even then NT compares poorly with either just grinding or just raw farming mesos somewhere else, being only something of a mediocre balance between the two (and even then Dunas's experience just sucks so it can't even claim that).

This is why I still maintain that, at the very least, the drop rates for "low" items should be made higher - if people can generally get, say, at least 2-3 weapons they can NPC, with a decent chance that some of them being high attack and sellable for a few million, as well as some 60% scroll that could be sold for a decent amount, then it'll at least compare a bit more favorably with just raw farming somewhere.

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. thugric

thugric Capt. Latanica Retired Staff

May 10, 2017
    Male
    TaxDog
    Marksman
    Beaters
    but NT weapons and materials aren't cheap to sell

• Like Like x 1
  7. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    1:56 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    yeah true but not many people would buy the material prices now as dragon equips are much more cost efficient.

8. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    10:56 PM
    Cookiee
    Hero
    It's true that NT has high money making potential, like if you do a boss run and you get a perfect speargrave claw drop or an MTK. But the data seems to suggest that the odds of something like that happening is like <0.1%. On average, your expected earnings is going to be significantly less than HT or other end game content.

I think most people here enjoy the NT content. It's just a shame that it has so much potential but seemingly 99/100 runs you're going to get a worthless drop or even no drops. If the drops were buffed a bit, there'd be more incentive to run NT bosses.

• Like Like x 3
  9. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Thank you, that's the very essence of this thread and couldn't expressed it better.

• Like Like x 1
  10. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Bump.

• Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    That's post DDoS era so I'll allow myself to Bump this.
    With current setup and NT Mobs' huge and absurd buffs, I see less and less NT bossing squads and that's a pity though understandable.
    We literally spent about 1hour 15minutes today only to get a coin and fresh air out of two Dunas runs today.
    Needless to say it has been over 140 Dunas runs and I'm yet to see and NT Dagger/Claw/Bow/Chair/MTK drop(s).
    Did someone press a rather heavy finger on Nerf button?
    chrome_E3i4TQCYhf.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. ngrman

ngrman Stone Golem

Jun 4, 2017
    Female
    Brasília
    idk man I see a lot of good shit, maybe like 5 stars, several good equips and chair.
    maybe you're just unlucky lmao
    The content seems fine for how easy and brain dead it is
    upload_2020-6-5_22-11-33.png

13. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Tbh, If I saw nothing good after 141 runs I doubt I'd see anything if I keep running. "Being unlucky is not a bug" but rather hard nerf.

14. echung379

echung379 Brown Teddy

Oct 16, 2017
    Cookiee
    Hero
    You've done 1,000+ runs though and gotten 5 stars? I think that's the problem with the NT bosses. Theres like a <1% chance of getting something super valuable but 99% of the time you get trash drops. So if you have the time and motivation to run hundreds of times you might get a few good things, but it's pretty punishing and unmotivating for players who can't run 1,000+ times. And then there's people like Saar who have actually ran hundreds of times without a meaningful drop.

What's the harm in adding a few decent scroll drops for the current 99% of the time when you get nothing of value? For other bosses in the game, there's intermediary drops that are valueable even without one of the rare drops. For example, in HT, even if you don't get a MW20/Gen30 drop, you'll still likely get at least something like TT30, dragon weapons, etc. For cwkpq even if you don't get a spectrum goggle you will probably get some 30% scrolls worth 2-10m.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Sadly I'd say just remove NT weapons off drops' pool but raise craft ETCs drops/MTK/Chair/Scrolls. Weapons already have such low rates of dropping and even if you ARE able to get any of them drop, you'd need certain stats on them to actually sell/utilize on your own.
    As more approachable endgame content, if you do so, more bossers can craft desired weapon/stars/bullets types.
    And still you'd have craft costs, and crafting's RNG itself just like Dragon weapons.
    So kind of win win, not a big shift and you get to actually work it out to make your own endgame weapon.
    Also that change would balance out more in front of HT runs' expenses vs. gains.
    That's what I suggested before and I think is most logical.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Bump.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...4y6WkySKF006TzYYOtmFy3gZ6Ps/edit#gid=64413335
    We've filled another 100 runs.
    Average income per run was 7.07m and average sum of party members is 3-4.
    Means as a 16x bosser your income won't see any peaks by running NT alone.
    Also I'd like to note almost a month and a half has passed since last update.
    As it seems and as we KEPT on going and saying, buffing NT mobs is just an absurd and NT Bosses deserve droprate buff. (And 200 logged runs proven it!)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  17. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    1:56 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    copy and pasted from this website:
    https://gamedesignlounge.com/why-video-games-get-boring/#:~:text=Video Games Become Boring When,quickly begin to lose interest.

When a player goes through long stretches of gameplay without being properly rewarded, they can start to become bored. An important element of video game rewards is making sure that players know that they exist and that they’re coming.

Creating a system within a video game where players will learn to expect a reward for completing specific actions can encourage them to keep going. Game designers can also drop hints early on in the game about legendary rewards still out there to be claimed.

upload_2020-7-22_16-35-37.png

• Like Like x 2
  18. jesscapades

jesscapades Pac Pinky

Jun 24, 2019
    Female
    jesscapades
    Shadower
    Homies
    Bump :(

19. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    NT doodoo. XP is alright tho (minus dunas)

20. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Now that spear/flair graves are more obsolete because of reverse/timeless, we should revisit their droprates. Especially since they are being used as craft materials now.

Also please lower element pierce craft cost to 50m pls :)

• Agree Agree x 5