1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Neo Tokyo Bosses' droprates

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by LurkinShadow, Oct 2, 2019.

1. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    4:07 AM
    DMsRebirth
    HT is worth like about 160m per kill. 100 HT runs would be worth like 16b.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:07 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Wait a sec. Can i solo Neo Tokyo?

3. Selquin

Selquin Headless Horseman

May 28, 2018
    2:07 AM
    Serperior
    Bowmaster, Night Lord, Buccaneer
    Pasta
    Verg is pretty easily soloed by anyone with decent damage and enough hp.
    Dunas is easily soloed by ranged classes as long as you pay attention to DR.
    Nib is a bit annoying to solo without using the bottom right corner cheese spot(aGgRo aBuSe). If you have a mule to take the aggro so nib doesnt permanently freeze so that it does not count as aggro abuse, then it is easily soloed as well.
    Nameless is a bit challenging to solo, but it is extremely easy to duo.

4. HollyCrap

HollyCrap Capt. Latanica

Jul 2, 2017
    Male
    5:07 AM
    HollyCrap
    Cleric
    Can i enter neo tokyo without a party?

5. kalash

kalash Headless Horseman

Oct 18, 2016
    Male
    10:07 AM
    Kalash
    Night Lord
    Halcyon
    Yep, you just gotta do the prequests

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    You cannot enter NT bosses without a party, but you can with a party that has just one character (yourself) in it.

7. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    1:07 AM
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    NT drop rates is definitely in need of a change. What that should be? Not sure, but the reason of the last nerf to NT was that bosses were shitting weapons out the ass and made crafting not even worth it. Post nerf it seems crafting is the only way to get these items at the cost of 70m+ in nano plan, sealed stone and dragon weapon. Popular perfect NT weapons currently avg about 200-300m with the exception of Claw being the most expensive. Crafting is not worth your money when you can just sell the material for guaranteed profit. I agree that we should buff the regular drops such as scrolls, non NT equip, as well as the crafting materials slightly. I pretty much run NT for exp now sadly. Drops are just a nice surprise, but how many runs that might take until I get something worth selling is unknown.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    11:07 AM
    LurkinShadow, LurkinMenace
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    As a little bit TL;DR for any GMs that watch/read this thread I'd say just remove NT weapons off drops' pool but raise drop-rate of craft ETCs drops/MTK/Chair/Scrolls. Weapons already have such low rates of dropping and even if you ARE able to get any of them drop, you'd need certain stats on them to actually sell/utilize on your own.
    As more approachable endgame content, if you do so, more bossers can craft desired weapon/stars/bullets types.
    And still you'd have craft costs, and crafting's RNG itself just like Dragon weapons.
    So kind of win win, not a big shift and you get to actually work it out to make your own endgame weapon.
    Also that change would balance out more in front of HT runs' expenses vs. gains.
    Nonetheless, as awesome HakuHaku said, I'm deemed as many to be very close to my endgame (183 Shadower) but since I NT quite alot and get 0 returns mostly and in light of the ever growing market rate of craft ETCs and costs of it, I can't seem to make any endgame spear/flairgrave for myself soon and would rather have a much cheaper Kanzir which will have probably same effect for much lower pricetag.
    And with much regards to the discussed matter, I had 6 markings of "agree" in the last suggestion I made in the same notion as this exact quote so I'd guess it's kinda matches the public opinion.
    Any thoughts on this?
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    A usual Dunas (duo this time!) nowadays.

Attached Files:

10. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    Bump.
    It seems as we got wide exposure yet we got no response from any officials whether or not they view the current situation as just.
    I'll just place here the data we gathered (thanks for all the participants!) from last 100 runs. We had a total of 2 NT weapon drops, 1 (Nibergen) chair and 1 set of Bullets.
    Average income/run was 1.955m (LOL, now that's funny!). Tell me if you think whether or not you view this as just because I'm not. You may view it here: (Special thanks to RegalStarRegalStar for making that sheet available for information gathering!) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CaOKqcG8F-KDkPsw4y6WkySKF006TzYYOtmFy3gZ6Ps/edit?pli=1#gid=0
    With these rates, you better off not release us Neo Tokyo part 2. It will be plain waste of your and our precious time.

11. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Very cool that you guys gathered so much data! 1.955m per run is misleading, the actual profit per run was 7.12m. What you earn as a player depends on how many people you bring to the boss runs. Anyways, from this data, I think it's clear NT could use a buff to the crafting material rates / scroll rate.

Buffing the average profit to ~10-15m / run seems fair to me.

12. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    We all calculated runs with proper attackers. Didn't count mules. Also it must be 7.12m per run, but I calculated after dividing per average no. of runners. For the time spent per run, you could have profits multiplied by few margins from other alternatives. (Set HT, CWKPQ aside; I'm talking about Zakum, Leeching, etc.)

13. akashsky

akashsky Horntail

Jun 10, 2017
    Male
    United States
    Disparity
    Corsair
    Pasta
    Yes, but I don't think its good from an analysis point of view to include that figure because the number of attackers you bring per run vary. For example, I could include 6 man nameless run where we get good drops, it would show as very low mesos per person.

Whereas if i include a nameless solo where I get good drops, it would be very high mesos per person. It's best to just include average value per kill, as that number is less biased and more telling of how much profit you should expect from killing a boss.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    That's gonna be 1 run of decent-huge (Just like my run which had Bullets) drops logged and all other literally air. I can't see how it's less biased. Plus it's more discouraging to actually not dump that region after basing your info simply on that. For certain I'm just regretting having so much NT boss kills logged and watching that sheet just made me decide to limit myself to Dunas daily only (looking for that chair, not because of actual good drops).
    I don't wish to force my opinion on anyone, but I think it's rather cost vs. gain POV. NT bosses deserve their buffs. We'll keep posting drops from any NT runs, but the effect and gains would most likely remain the same.

15. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    Or perhaps you should just raise the prices of what you're selling :thinking:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Haku

Haku Dark Stone Golem

Nov 29, 2019
    Haku, Avoid
    Night Lord
    Agape
    I think the main concern here are the regular drops and crafting materials, not how much we sell NT weapons for. Can't convince the market to raise prices all of a sudden without something influencing it.

• Great Work Great Work x 3
  17. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    About that, the crafting materials are actually very difficult to sell already, owing to the facts that grave crafts are extremely riskly (82% chance to get something worse than a dragon weapon, unless you're crafting 1h sword/BW), and they require vast amount of coins which are difficult to amass for people who don't do NT bosses or NTPQ regularly (due to the general terribleness of NT maps - and before anyone tries to say "but they were buffed", I already gave my verdict on them here: https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/nt-training.28140/), and people selling crafting services are few and far in between. They're generally only a few points above dragon weapons too, so basically they're nothing more than flexes. And once PB arrives and start dropping reverse weapons, even assuming base library stats with no item level up (or compensation for lack of level up) whatsoever, the graves won't even be flexing material any more, and only the 1hs will see any use at all. If anything, we'd want to price them cheap to sell them faster, not try to hold out on the already-basically-non-existent-and-will-exist-even-less-in-the-future market to try to make more money.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. OP
    OP
    LurkinShadow

LurkinShadow Mixed Golem

Apr 13, 2018
    Male
    Bowmaster, Shadower
    Winterfell
    I agree with RegalStar.
    I think that with current state whatever you guys have hoped for upon NT release and own hype created and shared is non existent right now and has failed us. (And no, that's far from being actually decent leveling spot for 160+ (sorry to expose it, but I had to!) ) In comparison to every other alternative (in terms of money making, grinding for exp, crafting, preparing for endgame) - Neo Tokyo is well behind almost every one and each of them.
    Yeah, you saved us the walk to Nath/Leafre for our bossing and thanks alot for it; But I'd say review its droprates and maps' layouts (Eruwaters map is just a map that wouldn't let you grind it and so does ship! But that's whole lot of another topic).

19. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    4:07 PM
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    i think reason why nt weps/materials so cheap is because it provides so little benefits to scroll them... when it at most adds a measely 1 ~2wa and perfect wa costs a shit ton more. Not including the risk of 30%thing the weapon and it's rarity

I would like to propose buffing nt eqs wa slightly more therefore it would entice more people to pay more for the weapons/materials and not just use dragon eqs

of course that means increasing wa of already scrolled ones too :)

• Useful Useful x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  20. Eighty

Eighty Windraider

Jun 19, 2018
    Male
    Nepal
    1:52 PM
    Hundred
    Marksman
    Colors
    I’ve had this particular person harass me for refusing to reduce the price on my omega plants. And they’ve been sitting in my inventory for almost a month now. I still refuse to reduce my prices but increasing them will just make them more unsellable.

• Like Like x 1