1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New player, questions about PQ rewards

Discussion in 'Help & Advice' started by Jacquon, Jan 10, 2021.

1. Jacquon

Jacquon Red Snail

Jan 6, 2021
    Male
    6:54 PM
    Jacquon
    Thief
    Hey guys,

Just started Legends and I wanted to ask if there are certain items that new players should aim for from quests/PQs. I got the Squishy shoes from KPQ so far but I'm wondering if it's mandatory for an Assassin to get the Broken glasses from LPQ, as it's taking a long time.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Bitty6501

Bitty6501 Red Snail

Dec 3, 2020
    Male
    5:54 PM
    Bitty6501
    i dunno about certain items other than mainly certain scrolls, like KPQ gives a couple more valuable scrolls like gloves for dex as well as party quests are triple xp still just like regular quests so it helps with leveling significantly. broken glasses are also a good benefit because there isnt really another eye accessory so thats the main draw for the glasses

3. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    6:54 AM
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    If you ask me, none of the PQ prizes are "mandatory" at all, and I would personally skip them altogether. In this server, the first 50ish levels can be done really really easily if you know where the optimal paths to take are. It feels like an especially huge waste of time to do the 35 LPQ since that's time consuming + needs effort to coordinate a group + some classes just flat out aren't functional in LPQ (warriors) which makes it unfun for me. I'd rather just go do the relatively simple grind and move on to higher levels sooner. Not to mention the glasses themselves are really underwhelming to me; come midgame if you pass a 30% scroll for eye acc (dirt cheap) on a rac mask you likely already got better stats from it than the glasses.

Of course, if you have fun doing party quests, then you should just go for it.

4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:54 PM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    IMO: don't sweat the broken glasses if you aren't going for best in slot for everything. It takes a lot of time and a few hundred mil at least to pull glasses that are actually good. Glittering altaire earrings (epq) are nice i hear though

5. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    12:54 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The glasses from LPQ are potentially the best in slot for any non mage but require you to use chaos scrolls on an untradeable equip that doesn't add attack.
    Everything else is outclassed by equips from other sources.

Short story shorter: PQs are a waste of time if you only look at the mesos/equips/exp gain.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    3:54 PM
    Its entirely up to you if you want them or not, nothing is really mandatory just play how you want as long as its in the rules to do so.

All PQ rewards are decent, they're free equips that you can get for getting some great exp gains.

Whichever you choose to do for your character is fine just have fun thats the important part.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    6:54 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    If mandatory means that you will want to use those items in end-game scenario, den the answer is no, nothing is mandatory.

Squishy Boots from KPQ -> Can be replaced with well chaosed class's boots or yellow snowshoe (or black snowshoe for nightlords)
    Broken Glass from LPQ -> Can be replaced with well chaosed spectrum glasses or raccoon mask (dex-scrolled den chaos for raccoon mask for non-mage class, INT-scrolled for mage class - no chaos needed)
    Glittering Altaire from EPQ -> Can be replaced with a well-scrolled Gold Earring, Elemental Pierce or lvl 15 earring from henesy shop works just as well.

With that said, just because they are replaceable, doesn't mean they are not good. As said above well chaosed broken glass can be used instead pf spectrum glasses, a well scrolled Glittering Altaire can be used instead of lvl 15 earrings, and if you are a nightlord, Squishy Boots gives a max of 2 DEX, which u might wanna consider scrolling for personal use.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. OP
    OP
    Jacquon

Jacquon Red Snail

Jan 6, 2021
    Male
    6:54 PM
    Jacquon
    Thief
    Thanks for all the replies guys, it felt like torture LPQing and it doesn't feel so bad skipping it now.

• Like Like x 1