1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

New Player - quick question

Discussion in 'Community' started by jammin1911, Apr 27, 2022.

1. jammin1911

jammin1911 Red Snail

Apr 27, 2022
    6:36 AM
    Magician
    Hi all! Found maple legends recently when thinking about fun old days of playing maplestory after school and have been having lots of fun the past few days.

I'm a lvl17 mage and something that has been frustrating is the amount of blue potions I'm burning through and how expensive it is. I'm making less mesos farming enemies than I am spending mesos on blue potions.

i started with a bunch from quests but ive burned through those and now relying on buying them.

is there a better way??

thanks

Attached Files:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    10:36 PM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    jammin1911

jammin1911 Red Snail

Apr 27, 2022
    Magician
  4. LiZrd

LiZrd King Slime

Apr 2, 2022
    Male
    6:36 PM
    Lizrd
    Hero
    Bonfire
    "fm" refers to the free market. To the right of your exp bar you can see four big buttons, click the second one (that has the word "market" on it) and you'll be instantly teleported to the free market (of your current channel) no matter where you are. I'd be glad to help you out if you're in game right nowSlimeSmile

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:36 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    stock up on grilled cheese; they heal both 500 hp and mp while costing 500 mesos and can be obtained via NLC.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    jammin1911

jammin1911 Red Snail

Apr 27, 2022
    Magician
    thank you both! Can someone tell me what "NLC" is? :D

7. LiZrd

LiZrd King Slime

Apr 2, 2022
    Male
    Lizrd
    Hero
    Bonfire
    New Leaf City. To go there, first go to the subway in Kerning City, buy a ticket from the NPC named Bell, then click the ticket gate and you'll be on the train bound for NLC:)

8. OP
    OP
    jammin1911

jammin1911 Red Snail

Apr 27, 2022
    Magician
    Amazing thank you ill give this a try tonight, that sounds a lot more efficient than 200 mesos per blue pot

9. Dadada15

Dadada15 Slime

Jun 7, 2017
    Male
    Taiwan
    Mikodan
    Bishop
    TryTryKan
    NLC pots are generally very cost efficient so you may return to NLC for more and better pots in the future :p

10. LiZrd

LiZrd King Slime

Apr 2, 2022
    Male
    Lizrd
    Hero
    Bonfire
    Actually some shops/NPCs sell pots cheaper than others. For example, the Ellinia pot shop has cheaper MP pots (a mana exlixir costs 602 there compared to the standard price 620). The Ludibrium pot shop and Toly from the Path of Time not only sell common MP pots even cheaper (a mana exlixir costs only 589), but HP pots as well.

Another tip I have for you is try to train on mobs that you can consistently 1~2 shot, which will end up saving you lots of pots. Happy grinding;)

• Like Like x 1
  11. OP
    OP
    jammin1911

jammin1911 Red Snail

Apr 27, 2022
    Magician
    just gave this a shot.. $10k round trip hurt pretty bad but we'll see how it goes.. picked up 100 grilled cheese :D

12. thsscapi

thsscapi Mushmom

Jun 5, 2018
    Male
    Jizoical, ZackSparrow
    F/P Arch Mage, Corsair
    Lemonade
    If you haven't already, consider doing the first 2 quests from Nella in Kerning City. It rewards you with a decent amount of EXP, 50 Lemons, and 100 Cakes. Screws (which are very useful for other quests, including one in Thailand: Floating Market that rewards huge amounts of EXP) for the 2nd quest can be obtained via a jumping quest from John in Lith Harbor.

It isn't much, but can be easily completed if you already have the items required (see here).