1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Night Lord's Shadow Meso Skill (Hermit)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lirbo, Jul 12, 2023.

1. Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    2:32 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Shadow Meso [​IMG] is a Hermit skill that nobody uses.
    According to the description here is what it is supposed to do:
    Level 30: Uses Min. 340, Max. 800 mesos; Damage + 50% with 10% success rate

Now from what can be understood if you read between the lines the amount of Mesos thrown is RNG. The question is how is the average DPM looks like at the max level, after all the 10% chance for +50% Damage looks quite promising. Not to mention that nullifying Weapon Def Up and Magic Guard Up can come quite handy against certain bosses.

I realize there is nobody with that skill and most of us don't even look at it. I was hoping for some more insight by somebody who might have tried it.

2. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    6:32 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    I'm not exactly sure how the skill description is designed to affect damage, but testing in-game just now it appears to literally be a stronger version of a basic attack (Shadow Meso acts like an active skillshot where you throw one star, two with Shadow Partner). AKA, dead skill MapleF4

It does look kind of cool though, since your throwing stars become wads of cash.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Lirbo

Lirbo Slimy

Feb 18, 2017
    Male
    2:32 PM
    Kiss/Ciss/Qiss
    Night Lord
    ⚔️ Beaters
    Yeah I remember the effect was really cool, especially when you throw mesos rather than wads. Sounds like the skill is actually 100% useless even for 3rd job.

Would be nice if it had nieche use, but it seems like in all cases possible Lucky Seven (and obviously TT) is a better option.

LF>Hermit buff??

P.S what skill level did you use?

4. GDLee

GDLee Balance Team Staff Member Balance Team

May 29, 2017
    Male
    New York
    6:32 AM
    AMZN
    Night Lord
    Vengeance
    Yep this skill is 100% useless for anything except throwing cool-looking meso bundles. I had a bunch of unsued SP left, so maxed it out (still doing negative damage with it).

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  5. PumpkinJuice

PumpkinJuice Orange Mushroom

Nov 26, 2022
    7:32 PM
    Thought it might be cool if shadow meso is usable once you run out of throwing stars, as a "oh shit not enough/never recharge stars" moment.

Lv1: +1 wa, uses 300 meso per star
    Lv20: +20 wa, uses 100 meso per star

So even at maxed level it acts as a 20 wa star, still far from any decent stars, and more of a last resort.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. Thuglifer

Thuglifer Capt. Latanica

Sep 1, 2021
    Male
    7:32 PM
    Beginner
    This skill was quite handy in 3rd job era pre-bb and when use slots were capped at 48 slots or so; for especially zakum scenarios with DCs and Deaths (no ress)... Even so, measures to stretch out our Lucky7's were either to Remove SP or have fellow runners to hold our backup stars. Whereby even in 3rd job standards, this skill was quite poorly constructed, even meso web gave more utility in Goby grind and Zak summon control (excluding blues); reducing houses HP during WC and Dropping Summons for ranged. Don't think this skill requires changes but would love to hear your hot take on changing it up, utility wise.

Some ideas:
    - lvl30: Uses 10,000 mesos. On hit, a 30% success rate in removing Physical Defense up (Sub-par Dispel, Armor Crash)
    Targets 1 individual as compared to multiple (Dispel) with Lower success rate since it's a ranged skill.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    4:32 AM
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    Before anything else, if this skill is going to be useful it needs to be able to crit normally. Currently it has its own crit formula which doesn’t stack with SE and sucks terribly. After that, I would double the lines so it is at least comparable to lucky 7.

Believe it or not I have seen this skill used before at zakum when one of our NLs ran out of stars 5 minutes in lol. It was so laughably terrible that there is no reason to use it in its current state.

• Like Like x 2