1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Open Party Quests to All Levels (With Limitations)

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Pepper, Jul 9, 2021.

Should level restrictions be lifted?

1. Yes

61 vote(s)
    63.5%
  2. No

35 vote(s)
    36.5%
  1. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    11:33 PM
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Hello,

I know there was a similar suggestion to this in the past, but I was having difficulty locating it and wanted to bring this up again, along with some new ideas.

In short, I feel all party quests should be open to minimum level through 200. Obviously there needs to be scaling involved. New users have joined the server specifically looking for PQs and due to level restrictions they can be quite empty.

When I originally played GMS, the fastest and most fun way to level was through PQ. Some of these PQs I find quite fun and have huge nostalgia for me. In Legends, the exp rate is higher so you out level these areas faster. Some PQs, such as MPQ, I never got to experience because of the level restrictions and difficulty finding a party. I still would like to do many of the PQs, including KPQ, but I don't want to just not level or have a mule for each PQ. This can be excessive and unnecessary.

I think the current PQs should be the starting level up to 200. If the player is above the normal range (such as 31+ for KPQ), they would need to be adjusted into the right range. Here are some ideas:
    - Adjust all stats, HP/MP to a default range during the PQ
    - Block usage of skills that are above that job range
    - Transform player into something with transform specific skills. Models from epq can be used. Make the transformation unremovable or if player removes it they are automatically removed from the pq.
    - Set players DPS to a set amount of damage.

Pros:
    - More access to PQs, less empty PQs
    - More PQ = More Nostalgia
    - Easier to find a party via smega or guild/buddy list
    - Fun times for higher level players too
    - Can allow for fun player hosted events, games, or hanging out

Cons:
    - Kinda custom
    - Not exactly original to GMS
    - People can party with themselves and get through PQs easier but I am not sure this is exactly bad. Stages are time limited and slower progression lowers overall completion count. You can still only open so many boxes in the bonus stage, can't open on all characters at the same time.

• Agree x 12
    • Disagree x 2
    • Creative x 2
    • Like x 1
    • Great Work x 1
  2. Motto

Motto Skelegon

Jun 30, 2018
    Male
    Mars
    5:33 AM
    PogShad Motto
    Islander
    It could become really annoying / nagging for editors / event designers to think of way to make PQs not become "money" farming systems.
    Like HPQ during this event for the first 2 weeks and had to be nerfed.

This could counter-produce the problem of nerfing PQs / day to normal people cuz of abusers.

If events no longer incorporate stuff with PQs? Sure this can be done, cuz some PQs would be nice to do later on (like PPQ for the chair)

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Not really hard to put a limit on pqs, they didn't even have to restart the server to do it.
    The only area I can see abused I already addressed in my cons. If you can give more examples I can review those.

4. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    You can already do PPQ for the chair later since it can be placed in the cash shop storage.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    8:33 PM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Time to sell KPQ gator leech i guess.

• Creative Creative x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Read the entire post

7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Oops, yeah i was just about to edit my post. my bad

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Shmoo

Shmoo Horny Mushroom

Oct 16, 2020
    Male
    Shmoo
    Warrior
    I like the idea. My IRL friends all ended up quitting partly because of how empty kpq and lpq can be. I'm surprised at all the "no" votes tbh, could you guys explain why you voted that way? Is it just because it would be too custom?

• Like Like x 1
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    We can also model it off of the puff daddy room, which requires the fork to enter. For each pq, there are specific weapon/armor sets you can purchase from an npc. You must be wearing that gear in order to enter the PQ. I'm not sure if it's possible to adjust base stats, so this could be an alternative. In puff daddy/pbpq they have also made it so non-basic attack skills always miss, and you can't use buff/movement skills. So perhaps, they can "shut off" certain skills this way.

There might be some way to hack it together, but another idea is to just have another version of the PQ for higher levels (which lower levels can join), and it doesn't give any rewards, only the pq clear and boss card (no bonus room for nx cheese)

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  10. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    9:33 PM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. Theaceae

Theaceae King Slime

Jul 4, 2021
    Female
    Theaceae
    I like this sort of idea. I think the easiest way to balance convenience and fairness would be to just make some sort of debuff that would lower your base stats to as if you were the max level for entering that PQ (and put a hard cap on damage range), and block skills that you definitely wouldn't have within that map.

I think it'd be a lot of work to figure out the specifics on what a person's specific AP/SP builds were 30 levels ago, so I feel it's fair that... for instance, LPQ, gives you access to all of your Second job skills, regardless of SP. it also wouldn't be too big of a deal if the "Debuff" that lowered base stats ended up leaving you with more of the base stat than you actually had, because it would make a very small difference in the grand scheme of all things.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I like it as I really want to see access to the improved PQ rewards for players that have outleveled them after the recent change but it's a no from me for how much effort it would take to balance and implement this properly. Seperately for every single PQ.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    I think the concept is cool but I also gave it a no because it seems unmanageable and too custom for my taste.

14. GunzGaming

GunzGaming King Slime

Mar 25, 2021
    Male
    10:33 PM
    FatBlunts
    coming as a former royals player, and this exact system is done there.

It's not very custom imo, and did not have ANY negative drawback to it at all. At first, it was overpowered, but then when they made it so only specific skills from the original level range of the pq can be used, it was fair and balanced.

The only time that high-level people PQ is when a friend is helping noob guildies or something. It makes it more fun and accessible to just do PQs with your favorite character and does not make the PQ too easy. The population is too low at times to effectively run the pqs as it is, and lifting level restrictions would make it so that you can actually have people to pq.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    11:33 AM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    I like this.
    If these can be implemented, why not

Dislike set amount of damage, it's boring.
    Btw, what does the epq transformation do actually other than changing the appearance?

16. OP
    OP
    Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Nothing that I know of. It would have to be edited if it were to be implemented.

17. Jafel

Jafel Capt. Latanica

May 3, 2015
    Male
    KingSlime
    Outlaw
    Twice
    Maybe separate PQs for within the level range and above the max lvl for the PQ. E.g. lvl31+ can still KPQ, but only with others that are above the level range. :) Could change the PQ rewards to need twice as many PQs or whatever for the rewards. That would make farming the PQ equips a lot harder (if that's still in).

• Great Work Great Work x 1
  18. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    The whole point is that you get to play together though.

19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    Someone can outlevel kpq in the duration of a fart. This way they could get to 31 and still pq with their overleveled friends without causing any significant changes to level progression.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Feeed

Feeed Mr. Anchor

Aug 4, 2020
    Male
    Feeed
    Corsair
    This is the kind of thing I really want to say yes to- helping newbies/friends and doing some of my favorite content sounds dope as hell. I'm just really worried about how this could be abused.

For example,

KPQ Stage 1 is going to be the new go-to grinding spot for level 31-35 as it probably outclasses everything up until LPQ and teddies.

LPQ provides NX which is a massive incentive, and would also provide unlimited sets of Broken Glasses which are straight up better than Spectrum Goggles for some classes. I'm worried that it would become overrun by super sweaty players trying to optimize run times and making the experience awful for newbies.

EPQ in particular is really easy to solo/multiclient- not only would it would provide unlimited sets of Glittering Altaire Earrings (which compete with the endgame Element Pierce / Timeless Earrings), but it would make multimage setups take much less effort to get up and running at a level range that's notoriously bad in terms of leeching.

I'm fully on board with the intent of the change, but the reality is that we exist in an ecosystem where people try to hyper-optimize everything and I worry about what that means for new players on the server. Imo newbies to reliving the magic is so vital to the health of the server that I'd be hesitant to jeopardize it.

For that reason, I'll have to disagree :/

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1