1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Option to help new players with AP points

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Orionis, Sep 19, 2020.

1. Orionis

Orionis Blue Snail

Sep 2, 2020
    9:32 AM
    So I've been helping out and talking to new players when they do a job advancement (sometimes 1st adv, sometimes 2nd). As I'm a "new" player (been playing for few weeks) and I'm a mage, I usually focus on helping new MAGE players.

Often, talking to a new player, I'll have to explain all the basics - gachas, leech, hp wash, scroll prices and how to check, etc. There is one problem that frequently comes up, and, from what I can see, makes a lot of new players lose some, if not a big part or all, of the drive they have to play maple. That problem is the wrong usage of AP points.

The most common occurrence that I see is with mages that put points in LUK, and then notice much later that they have a severely lacking damage in comparison with people who are pure INT.

I've heard from quite a few new players that they some times just want to give up when they discover that they'll have to vote for months to remove the unwanted LUK, and that during that time they will have to give up on benefits cash can give - pet, teleport stone, smegas, store, owl, etc.

Taking that in consideration, I think it would be a very good thing to have a way to solve that problem, something like this:

When you do your 2nd job (or even maybe 3rd?), you have a option to do a full reset of yours stats - all go to 4, and your HP and MP go to the base by the minimum calculation for the chosen class. (in case of mages, as if you had all points in INT, or 0.9xPoints in INT, to not lose too many mana).

That way, new players who spend points in LUK (in the example of mages) and later come to greatly regret that could be helped, and players who could try to abuse the system to try and do some sort of super wash won't be able to do it because the extra MP/HP from extra INT will be removed and go back to the base MP/HP for the class.

I know this is a long post, and I'm doing it because talking to new players I've seen a trend, and this is one of the factors that seem to be part of it - and that trend is that new players don't stay around. If the new players go away because of things that are essential to the game, like taking a X amount of time to levelup, or other things that are needed parts of the game, it's not a problem, because its the nature of the game.

I, as many other people in this community, want to see it healthy and growing as much as it can, and seeing new players go away makes me thing we need to fix the problems that SHOULD be fixed and try to make the game more inviting to those who want to join us.
    This is probably just one unnecessary problems that new players have, and I hope that more people could help and have the effort to try and discover what should be done to improve the experience of those who want to be part of us.

That said, from personal experience, and talking with many new friends (some who I have already lost), the current system, specially in relation to new players that have no knowledge of how it works, is extremely unfair and uninviting.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    9:32 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    I agree on doing something to avoid losing more players. As you said, I've seen many players leaving the game when they discover they need to restart his LUK mage, or even start with a mage to farm mesos and nx enough to create the job he always wanted to play with (this last case is harder to fix, I guess). I think we could discuss a way to fix this!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. yurain

yurain Windraider

Dec 30, 2019
    8:32 PM
    YUrain
    I/L Wizard
    No. Just let him remake this character if he wants, so ML can effectively have 2 characters undergo the early game phase with 1 unique person.
    This provides a source of population to those early game contents.

But honestly, the mage adding LUK thing getting out of hand. There need to be maple tips goind around "Don't add LUK as mage, unless you want to be a meme"

And you got to make someway to make people vote man. If not how ML is gonna be 2nd in the rankings.

4. theiskender

theiskender Blue Snail

Sep 17, 2020
    Male
    Oh I'm a new player and I wanted to make a cleric actually, is there a good way to learn all the basics? So far I kind of get hp washing but not so sure on the others. This might not be the right place to ask. I've been reading the forums and trying to piece everything together since I was like 13 when I played v62 back then and didn't even get past lvl40

5. xadra

xadra Capt. Latanica

Jun 6, 2017
    Male
    Adra
    Paladin
    Divide
    The guides section on maplelegends forums have good guides for most jobs. For cleric, Bella's bishop guide is commonly followed.

But to the topic, I've been saying forever that there needs to be a mapletip so people know what theyre getting into for luk mages. Something like "LUK mages can wear cool luk equipment, but will have lower damage than pure INT mages."

Free AP reset at second job doesnt sound like a horrible idea and i can certainly see it comes from goodwill...but I'm sure someone on the forums will comment on how it makes the game too easy or some such. PepeClown

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Tate

Tate Capt. Latanica

Apr 16, 2020
    New Zealand
    1:32 AM
    Potayto
    Shadower
    Beaters
    not to mention completely undermining the past efforts of more senior players

• Disagree Disagree x 1