1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Perfect / All 30%'d gear

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by zook, Nov 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    9:09 AM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 16
  2. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    11:09 AM
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    im dead

3. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Also forgot to mention the guy in question is also the same one who vote abused on like 30 different accounts getting like 1 million NX and he was already banned for that .. and now this ? what the fuck ? And I got banned for killing someones skelegons for 30 seconds .. this a fuckin joke im done

• Like Like x 2
  4. Infidel

Infidel Capt. Latanica

Apr 4, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Infidel / Duke
    Priest, Hunter
    FaerieCircle
    KSing > Hacking

5. Navi

Navi Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Developer Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    Male
    Moderator Post
    As I said on the day of the patch, a lot of players were banned for precautionary reasons, and later unbanned if no evidence of foul play was found.

FutureLegend was a throw in ban towards the very end of maintenance as the staff brought up wanting to investigate his specific case.

Unlike many of the more notable ban cases, there was nothing in our logging which suggested that he did anything wrong; however, do consider the fact that we have only had access to our current level of logging since Leap.

We also went through our entire archived logs from our older, more limited logging system that was used pre-Leap and found nothing that suggested that he was breaking a rule in them.

Furthermore, over the last month, he had no interaction whatsoever with any of the other players who were banned for duping, nor was he all that active in-game.

Is it possible that he at some point found a loophole or was abusing a glitch, months before anybody else found it, and before proper logging was setup to track it? Yes, and some of you may think that it's a near certainty - he has in fact been a player here since late May. However, it is just as likely that the items were purchased or passed down from a player who quit, at a time when Mushroom Shrine was still a jackpot. Hence what we have is ambiguity. There is no definite answer.

As much as you may want me to, I cannot base a decision like this solely on my sentiments or opinions (or those of others), without having the evidence to support it.

While I do have the full authority to do whatever I want for whatever reason I want under the premise of it being "for the good of the server", I choose not to exercise that authority because I believe it sets an extremely dangerous precedent for any future situations and is a very poor example for any of the staff below me to emulate.

If there happened to be or still is a glitch in the code that someone happened to have abused or is still abusing, and I did not or have not properly setup the resources to track it, then I take responsibility for it as it was/is a failure on my part to ensure the integrity of the game. In such a situation, the limit of what I can do is to ensure that history does not repeat itself, by either making sure the glitches are patched or the logging is up to speed to catch these problems before they get much bigger. I, however, refuse allow a precedent to set impacting future players in which the staff has the ability to restrict a player's access for any reason they see fit.

• Like Like x 8
  6. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Yeah well NaviNavi He's been doing it for months , +1ing his earrings after every server reset (back when they were getting reset every week or less) It aint no coincidence that he was funded through vote abuse, and that he has 2 perfectly scrolled items without white scrolls that shits impossible i seen him in FM blow up the earrings like for real

7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    So in other words... it seems we've got many (hopefully all) exploits which utilize free market shops.. but are there any exploits possible with server resets?

I would suggest you painstakingly make sure there are no lapses in account data while a server is in process of shutting down...

8. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    4:09 PM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    NaviNavi Thanks for the reply.

As for my own opinion: I for one will continue to be demotivated by this hilarious decision. <3

• Like Like x 9
  9. OP
    OP
    zook

zook Capt. Latanica

Apr 12, 2015
    Male
    Around
    Candy
    Night Lord
    ~ ~ ~
    Yeah when I seen he got unbanned AGAIN it blew my shit , I'm at my breaking point idk what else to do or say for real , all my input gets pushed to the side everytime , i know I dont portray my thoughts the right way but whatever man atleast I'm one of the only ones to say the bad stuff and I guess I also get hit with the repercussions

• Like Like x 1
  10. mapler

mapler Slime

Nov 11, 2015
    8:09 AM
    I am in 100% support of Navi and the staff's decision.

I recall a dramatic situation in another server in which a GM permabanned a new player for getting 7X10% scrolls on an equip. The user desperately and repeatedly proclaimed his innocence, and despite no reasonable evidence or proof, he remained banned. After all, how could a new player, a player who had never scrolled anything, try scrolling for the very first time and get an item that was literally 1 in 10,000,000 chance?! Voices of prominent players of the community chimed in, and they all agreed: it was waaaay too good to be true. And so, the player was permanently banned. Not by evidence, not by proof, but based on a great and overwhelming suspicion. And when the player finally gave up trying to defend his innocence, the GM left a final note:

"And for the record, no one -owes- you anything. You have no rights - you dont own it, pay for it, it doesnt belong to you."

And you know what? That GM's right. Every player in nearly every MMORPG is at the complete mercy of the admins. And that's really, really scary. It's scary to know that at any moment, Kim and Navi can just completely erase your character. That the hours and hours you wasted away into the pixels on the screen can be snatched away with a couple of clicks. When you play a private server, you put your full and complete trust in those strangers on the other side of the world who decided to take on the enormous effort of running a private server.

It is decisions like this very thread that makes me trust the MapleLegends Staff. It makes me feel safe sand secure to know that they value evidence over suspicion, that they worry about consistency and setting precedents. Because suspicion, no matter how great and obvious, does not match the certainty of cold, hard proof.

As for the dramatic situation in the other server: the player ended up being completely innocent. There was an odd glitch that made 10%'s work like 100%'s. The admins apologized and offered to let the player keep the equipment. But after that ordeal, the player never returned. Perhaps for him, playing a server in which the admins would ban you without proof was just not worth it.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    5:09 PM
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Just wondering, what is the chance of bombing 6 sets of shoes in a row with 30s, cause I managed to do that....

12. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    maplermapler ...so what you're saying is, the 7x 10% scrolls still wasn't legit. OnionWhatever

That story doesn't change my opinion. The fact that a bug was involved to make 10% work like 100% is proof enough that there's no way he scrolled the item legitimately. See what smart people do when they're running a server is ban hackers first, then investigate later because a hacker can do extreme harm to the server economy. And after they discovered it was due to a bug, they unbanned him. Honestly, I wouldn't have even let him keep the gear. At least they gave him the benefit of the doubt and assumed he wasn't intentionally exploiting some bug.

1 in 544.. if you mean the shoes were destroyed. Quite an impressive feat. I remember when dark scrolls were more plentiful, I failed like 12 30% scrolls in a row. Honestly makes me think that scrolls were biased against the player. And if that's the case, it only makes these godly items even more unlikely.

13. Marty

Marty Headless Horseman

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    Broken
    Shadower
    Horizon
    Welcome to Maple. RNGesus will always be both your friend and enemy; in this case, the server's enemy since it's stopping the staff from making a proper decision. To bring your attention to a case from another server, that however applies here:

Someone made a 26 ATT Pink Gaia Cape on another server. No White Scrolls, only Chaos Scrolls on a 3 ATT clean. This means he had 5 slots to get 3x +5 ATT and 2x +4 ATT. The chances of actually making that was 1/259,280. Was he banned? No. If there's no actual evidence of illegal activities, what can staff do about it? Nothing. You can call it a "hilarious decision" (AeroAero) all you want, but they can't make a different one. As you said earlier, for every ban you have to have evidence to support it, just like every court order has to be based on sufficient evidence. As much as I do not believe FutureLegend is legit or any of his equips, go ahead and prove him wrong. You can't.

14. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    So FutureLegend is OJ Simpson Kappa

• Like Like x 4
  15. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    MartyMarty
    I call it hilarious based on what I know and saw with my own eyes. I cannot prove what I saw yet I know I saw it. Ive mentioned it to LatteLatte multiple times in the past. That's why I call it hilarious.

16. Bonespace

Bonespace Slime

Nov 10, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Bonespace
    Paladin
    You're forgetting we're not talking about a single equip here, this guy has a glove, shoes and earrings. Quoting Lionheart again:

• Like Like x 1
  17. thuyzinho

thuyzinho Horny Mushroom

Sep 19, 2015
    Male
    12:09 PM
    Dragon Knight
    FaerieCircle
    guys, every scroll has a independent chance of success, that means 30% each time u scroll it. Everybody knows its very difficult to do a godly item. But at least someone prove that was a hack system, the item will continue existing. I agree that the GMs would be more severe at dumping systems, but how?

18. ChiefBandit

ChiefBandit Slimy

Apr 15, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    6:09 PM
    Mother
    Warrior
    Synergy
    I might have been repeating myself in what i am saying sorry in advance.

some people here are mistaken, each scroll has an independent chance of success, when you scroll something you dont always use all the scrolls in a row on it, people here think he just 30%*5 an item and all worked in a row, did you even consider the possibility that he scrolled once, then failed a bunch of scrolls on other items and then scrolled again? he might have succeded one scroll wich is 30% and then failed some other 30% on other items and then came back and did another 30% on the earings, this way his chances overall in 30% are 30% and he just succeded on the earings and failed on other items. You cant just canculate something if you dont even know how he used his scrolls. Sure he still got to be lucky to pass a 30% because its only a 30% chance, and for him to aim his passed scrolls on the item he wanted is another kind of luck, but the way you people canculate it its wrong, things like this cannot be cancualted unless you know every scroll ingame he used and even then in the future it might balance it back. so there is no way to canculate this kind of thing.
    Its like saying oh he passed 4x30% in a row then his next scroll will never succeed because thats a chacne which is 1 in a 411 (or something), thats not true, the chance of him succeding is 30%.

Im not trying to say his not a hacker or anything of the sort, even im a little suspicious, BUT , he might be just lucky.

Some people said that they failed so many scrolls in a row, then what now they are hackers??? just because this guy succeded in scrolling doesnt mean his a hacker. The chance of failing so many scrolls in a row is so damn low, wich might be the same as succeding in a row. But people dont look at the failed scrolls because those people didnt gain anything, but now this person succeded in scrolling which might have been the same chance as failing all the scrolls, and he gained something, people go crazy and they dont even think of people who failed so many, eventually it should balance it out to be 30% of ALL scrolls succeding.

If you take all the 30% scrolls in the server which have passed and which have failed it SHOULD be 30% pass rate eventually, so if a person fails all their 30% scrolls, then it means it should balance itself out and another person can pass all their scrolls.

My main point is, im not saying his legit, im not saying his a hacker, just the only way to prove it is for the staff to look really deep into this case, and people should stop whining because they failed scrolls and he passed them, and let the staff do their work.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    This isn't how probability works.

• Like Like x 8
  20. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    I think the staff has understood our views on this, someone should probably close this before it becomes even more of a shit storm C:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.