1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible buff for cleave jobs

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by fael, Oct 14, 2021.

1. fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    6:42 AM
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Yoooo
    I've been thinking about a way to make cleave jobs a little more desired on bosses today, because I feel like they aren't on a good position now.
    One thing I tought is to give wings and arms some extra HP from preheads 1 and 2. Basically, could be a trade removing some of HP on preheads and adding to wings and arms. This would make heroes/dks/shads/mages/buccs (?) able to deal more damage during HT body. They wouldn't be afraid of triggering too early dispels/mass seds while cleaving wings/arms/head, because now they will need to hit much harder for this. Also, the removed HP from preheads is already a buff itself, because is a single target part of HT that obviously doesnt benefits cleave attackers.
    Let me know what you think!!

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
  2. Lynx

Lynx Dark Stone Golem Retired Staff

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    12:42 PM
    Beginner
    Bucc isn't cleave.
    This is a good direction, and I actually discussed it on discord with gurk way back, and meant to post a suggestion but forgot.

Similar things could be done on other bosses, for example at zakum, can increase arms HP in trade off for bodies' HP, to make cleavers a bit more relevant there as well.
    Another idea that can be implemented in other bosses that are solely single target is adding strong summons - not weaklings that get 1 shot by avenger or 1 mage ult - but actual tanks that would require some effort taking down and make cleaves have a role.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    Yee, this summons thing I tought too. Doesn't seem a bad idea in my opinion.
    Just to clarify, I mentioned buccs with a "(?)" on side because they still have good AoE skills and I don't know if they can achieve a higher dpm considering those changes on a new HT.

4. Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Bucc AoE is close to irrelevant for bossing, only used in some niche cases like duo bucc JC snatching clones.
    And sometimes using AoE to charge bubble faster in some case, but DMG-wise its pretty much irrelevant, you'd always want to single target, as these do way more dmg.
    In the case of summon additions, buccs could also play a role in mob control via stuns & rushes, and perhaps extra AoE damage (Snatch is crazy good on 6 targets, especially with stun mastery + SE it becomes godly af xD)
    Either way, if cleaves are more relevant in bossing, this would mean that buccs would be (even more) desired in bossing for SI

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    i liked you point!

6. jc123

jc123 Brown Teddy

Jun 21, 2020
    2:42 AM
    jc43
    Warrior
    I think it's a fair point and would give more opportunities to maximize some cleave damage to potentially lead to a quicker clear.

I'm not so sure that's why cleave are mediocre picks right now though. To me, a lot of it is a matter of dependency and accessibility. We're starting to see a lot more players from the start of the covid generation start to peak and there's a bigger pool to choose from for strong ranged attackers who are washed enough to do a lot of this content with ease. A year ago, there was more of a dependency for dark knights because ranged players either needed HB or had a significant QoL boost receiving HB. On top of that, cleave was just the optional part that came with the package. Maybe cleaves at early bossing stages(15x-17x) were potentially just as strong as the ranged counterpart who had heavy amounts of base int at the time.

I also would like to add that even though you mentioned one potential point to buff cleave within Horntail, don't forget about all the other content. I challenge you to think about all the other parts in the game that's primarily single target. Isn't cleave always the mediocre/bottom barrel pick in this case? Take pink bean for example. When do you ever really take a hero?

It's all good tho. I'll stay at CWK til i'm 200 x).

• Like Like x 1
  7. Lynx

Jan 13, 2020
    Male
    Beginner
    Personally I really don't think that cleave classes are inferior by any means. I feel like ML has done a good job making all classes fairly balanced overall.
    However, there could be room for improvement on more 'cleave roles' as mentioned above.
    And yea, in contrast to what a lot of people seem to think - HT isn't the only content in the game, nor is PB.

8. OP
    OP
    fael

fael Nightshadow

Jun 8, 2020
    Male
    Fael
    Night Lord
    SURRA
    In fact, most of the contents I do right now is pretty trash for cleave (NT, bga and toad). And I tried to think about other cleave buffs for other contents, but the only other thing I could think for now were summons, like Lynx also said before. But yeah we need to start from somewhere.

9. iPippy

iPippy Nightshadow

May 19, 2019
    Male
    5:42 AM
    iPippy
    Projectile resistance for PB when? :cool:

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 2
  10. shck

shck Timer Retired Staff

Feb 10, 2020
    Male
    Singapore
    5:42 PM
    Recube
    Buccaneer
    Bloom
    this idea actually deserves it's own suggestion thread and way more upvotes than it currently has