1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Feedback Prototype client results

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Kimmy, Apr 15, 2017.

1. Lily

Lily Mixed Golem Retired Staff

Jul 23, 2015
    Female
    UK
    2:51 PM
    Lick
    F/P Arch Mage
    So far as I could tell, the client never frees memory for mobs with multiple forms until all of them are dead, so if you're limited on RAM/pagefile you might see some issues still. :(

2. Rasenganjedi

Rasenganjedi Slimy

Apr 13, 2016
    Male
    Netherlands
    3:51 PM
    Buccake
    Buccaneer
    Nebula
    Operating System (Windows/MAC) (32/64 bit): Windows 10 64 Bit
    Graphics card (ex: NVIDIA): Nvidia GTX 960 2GB
    What did you boss (Zakum,Horntail, Cake): Cake
    Do you GFX normally?: Most of the times at cake boss, always at other bosses.
    Did you GFX now (this should be no for the test client)?: No I did not
    Do you Crash normally if you don't GFX? (or even if you do GFX): Yes, I dc alot at cake if I don't gfx and if I do gfx(same with zakum)
    Did you crash now?: No I did not.
    Other observations (noticeable changes): My client was stuck for 20 seconds when I entered cake map, was a black screen.
    Also I usually dc at cash shop, that didn't happen with prototype client.

So far the prototype is way better then the current client for me.

• Like Like x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Thanks all users for testing so far <3

Windows users so far is like 95% positive - no GFX and some saying portals are faster. Only minor thing is that many sprites (ex: Cake) cause smaller (and more) spikes over old client
    MAC users - Lacking results for real consistent info

Very positive results. The fact about 95% of testers didn't need to GFX whatsoever is very nice.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  4. John

John Dark Stone Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Bocc / ImMrLuckless
    Dark Knight
    Hogwarts
    Operating System (Windows/MAC) (32/64 bit): MAC
    Graphics card (ex: NVIDIA): Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB (??)
    Do you GFX normally?: Yes at the spawn
    Did you GFX now (this should be no for the test client)?: No
    Do you Crash normally if you don't GFX? (or even if you do GFX): Yes either crash or lag badly that I miss the 100/150 hit count
    Did you crash now?: Nope
    Other observations (noticeable changes): Cake is definitely running as smoothly as it can get.

(Trying to get myself into more zak runs to be able to test it out more ...)

EDIT: If you happen to go on a Zakum run and don't mind me testing out the client, please let me know ! IGN: Bocc I'm basically online the entire day ahah . Would help out a lot :D Thanks

Last edited: Apr 18, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. ZennieButt

ZennieButt Red Snail

Mar 25, 2017
    8:51 AM
    Zennies
    Cleric
    Operating System (Windows/MAC) (32/64 bit): Windows 10 64 bit
    Graphics card (ex: NVIDIA): 1060GTX
    Do you GFX normally?: Yes
    Did you GFX now (this should be no for the test client)?: Nope, all went well, even bumped up the graphics to max. Was able to enter the map, have the cake spawn on screen with no FPS drops, and remain on the map with no D/C upon cake death.
    Do you Crash normally if you don't GFX? (or even if you do GFX): Yes I had a few FM store crashes.
    Did you crash now?: Not at all.
    Other observations (noticeable changes): Haven't quite noticed any oddities whilst using this client, in fact, it's now my main client of use.
    Overall results (negative/positive): Highly positive.

I would totes test on my Hackintosh, but I don't think they would yield the same results as a MAC. :p

• Like Like x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    I think I got enough tests in now for Windows to set up a public version of the client. Hopefully the testers were not just lucky and we just did hit our goldmine to solve GFX for good in v0.62 like my friend said so ;)

Thanks all for testing once again <3

• Like Like x 1
  7. notaki

notaki Mushmom

Oct 4, 2015
    Male
    Dominican Republic
    9:51 AM
    Johel
    Hermit
    I got my Zakum Helmet. I increased my virtual RAM, but the run didn't consume as much as before. After the last body spawned, some things went invisible (i.e., the chat) or started flickering (i.e., Zakum's body), so I had to GFX to get these things to the physical RAM. I guess nobody with enough physical RAM should experience this.

8. United

United Skelegon

Aug 24, 2015
    Male
    4:51 PM
    United
    Dark Knight
    Demure
    4 cake runs in a row i didnt dced once... i did gfx twice
    (almost always dced with old client)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Jamie

Jamie Cookie Monster Retired Staff

Nov 11, 2016
    Operating System: Windows 64 bit (Running on iMac BOOTCAMP)
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 675MX
    What did you boss: CAKE
    Do you GFX normally?: Sometimes (when I remember to haha)
    Did you GFX now?: No
    Do you Crash normally if you don't GFX? (or even if you do GFX): Yes, all the time whether I GFX or not
    Did you crash now?: No, and do not need to GFX, staying on Best graphics is perfectly fine. ALTHOUGH, I crashed once immediately upon entering the map and that was before the cake was summoned.
    Other observations (noticeable changes): Prototype did not experience any graphical glitches with the background (e.g. background not loading at all or looking like the matrix, which usually put me at risk of DC, but sometimes could be fixed with GFX) when recently with the official client there have been A LOT of glitches. ALSO, I do not DC when AFKing for extended periods of time when on the official client I would DC after 2~h sitting in the FM. With this prototype I hit at least 13h before my computer put itself to sleep.
    Overall results (negative/positive): So far extremely positive, the prototype seems superior in every way.

Exact same result on my laptop (Windows 10 64-bit, Intel integrated graphics)

I could not get the client to run on MacOS Sierra and I did all 3 solutions. RIP :c

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    Operating System (Windows/MAC) (32/64 bit): Mac OS X Yosemite
    Graphics card (ex: NVIDIA): Intel Iris graphics 6100
    What did you boss (Zakum,Horntail, Cake): Zakum
    Do you GFX normally?: Never zak'd on mac cause heard the rumors!
    Did you GFX now (this should be no for the test client)?: I GFX'd once when I received black boxes
    Do you Crash normally if you don't GFX? (or even if you do GFX): Never zak'd on this mac
    Other observations (noticeable changes): Generally when I receive black boxes they get spammed despite gfxing until I dc but this time they went away with only 1 gfx. (Generally you have to spam it)
    Overall results (negative/positive): Positive

• Like Like x 2
  11. John

John Dark Stone Golem

Apr 10, 2015
    Male
    Bocc / ImMrLuckless
    Dark Knight
    Hogwarts
    Operating System (Windows/MAC) (32/64 bit): MAC Sierra
    Graphics card (ex: NVIDIA): Intel HD Graphics 5000 1536 MB (??)
    What did you boss (Zakum,Horntail, Cake): Zakum
    Do you GFX normally?: Weren't able to go that far
    Did you GFX now (this should be no for the test client)?: No
    Do you Crash normally if you don't GFX? (or even if you do GFX): Immediately
    Other observations (noticeable changes): The run went very smoothly apart from 2 minor 1second lags (might be from the Cake that was happening at the same time) but they were nothing. Had no problems what so ever and it was a perfect run. I'm guessing my previous dc at Zak was one of those random boss dc .. Thanks again Demure for taking us to Zak :D

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  12. Shab

Shab Slime

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Malachite, Nezit, llachesis, Nesitisin
    Marauder
    Operating System: MAC El Capitan
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256MB
    What did you boss: Cake
    Do you GFX normally?: Never
    Did you GFX now?: No
    Do you Crash normally if you don't GFX? (or even if you do GFX): At Cake, horrible lag or DC after CS weapons removed. Pink boxes, floating eyes and crash before CS weapons removed.
    Did you crash now?: No. Frame rate still dropped a little (maybe by half?)
    Other observations (noticeable changes): Before Cake spawned, even having a huge amount of people all in the same map did not alter my frame rate much. Just a pinch slower. Noticeable slowdown after Cake spawned.
    Overall results (negative/positive): First successful Cake run in 2 weeks. Big thumbs up

By the way, CeresCeres did you try disabling the System Integrity Protection on your Mac? https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...e-legends-after-upgrading-to-el-capitan.5963/

Can't think of any other reason it won't install.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Jamie

Jamie Cookie Monster Retired Staff

Nov 11, 2016
    ShabShab I did :c didn't work

14. Snow

Snow Mr. Anchor

Aug 30, 2015
    Male
    Demure
    So I tested my shitty laptop and my main pc.

#Laptop
    Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
    Graphics card: regular Intel Graphics
    What did you boss: HT x3, Zak x2, Cake several times
    Do you GFX normally?: On normal client, I always gfx at HT, otherwise I dc. At Zakum GFX took so long that it made me crash so I was yoloing Zak without gfx, praying for no dc. It was impossible to do Cake on normal client, freeze 90% of time, pressing attack button for whole cake resulted in attacking max 50times.
    Did you GFX now?: Didn't gfx a single time at none of those bosses, Was running on lowest 'picture quality' just for my own safety.
    Did you crash now?: Nope. I even tried running 2 clients at Cake at the same time. Was lagging a little but didn't dc and got my marble. At HT and Zak I only lagged when body parts were appearing, during spawning the boss.
    Other observations: New Gacha items seem to lag me sometimes during bosses, they don't when I take them off. Had same problem before on normal client. I had those lag spikes that stopped when I replaced effect.wz with a file that disabled effects of new cash items and those rings that are cake rewards.
    I cc-dc more often on Prototype client than on normal one.
    Overall results (negative/positive): positive

#MainPC
    Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit
    Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti
    What did you boss: Zak and Cake x2 at the same time
    [​IMG]
    Do you GFX normally?: Always GFXing during Zak. Disabling Nvidia during HT (running on Integrated Graphics).
    Did you GFX now?: Highest picture quality on all 3 clients, Not a single lag, not GFXing, not DCing.
    Overall results (negative/positive): positive

I might be wrong but I also noticed that in really bad laggy/freeze situations normal client just crashes while the prototype is just frozen till he fixes his thing, and connects back. So the point of prototype would be to prevent disconects for whatever the price is, right?

15. Shab

Shab Slime

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Malachite, Nezit, llachesis, Nesitisin
    Marauder
    CeresCeres Aw, at least you have bootcamp up and running =] And I'm sure you read through the stickied guide for configuring Wineskin and possibly XQuartz too. Wonder if anyone else is playing on Sierra.

Edit:
    3/3 Cakes no D/C. Having Google Chrome open during Cake Boss knocks my frame rate down by another 50% though (poor laptop).

Last edited: Apr 19, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Finally going to unstick this. With the 'prototype' client being up for almost 2 months I don't think I heard anyone on a Windows platform to ever get GFX anymore, unless they didn't update. For MAC its also much less but they *can* still trigger it, which mean they have to GFX quickly and than it pretty much no longer happen anymore for rest of run.

Hope you all have fun bossing now without the fear of disconnecting ;)

17. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    I joined a zakum this weekend and was asked to gfx a few times in the run.
    Do people just not know this has been fixed?

18. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Perhaps to be safe or for some that are on old files still. Number32Number32 example warned me few times people still GFX, but after looking into it the person ended up being on old files.

19. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Have you considered implementing something that forces people to use the latest files?

20. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    The patch for summer will pretty much be forced, since I will add a lot of versions checkers through the game.

• Like Like x 1