1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Reduce the Price of Basic Potions

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by MLAccount, Jun 9, 2022.

Tags:

Should the price of basic potions be reduced?

1. Yes

15 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. No

34 vote(s)
    69.4%
  1. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    1:16 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Raising the price on the % pots would help curb inflation and would make pot sales more progressive than regressive. Nevertheless, I fear a major backlash from high level players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    9:16 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Just triple NLC pot prices, multimagers still won't give a heck

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    3:16 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
    I think the most efficient producers (which happen to be the 1% or so and really, the only ones that matter) will still have the upper hand regardless of any change. Any change that makes it more difficult to hit 30k mp or tma requirements might disproportionately hit people just moving into multimaging since they don't have the ability to absorb costs until profitability. At worst, since patch cycles have been so slow, those who profited immensely over the past year or so can simply buy their way to the next meta.

For example, if each mage generates 5m/hr regardless of efficiency and an efficient mage uses 1m/hr (30k mp) while an inefficient mage uses 2m/hr (15k mp).
    The efficient mages generates 4m while the inefficient mages generates 3m per mage across all mages. If pot costs are doubled, efficient mages now generate 3m while the other now generates 1m. The same approach can be used for bossing.

tldr: as a standalone change it probably doesn't affect people at the top and afaik i don't see any endgame players write paragraphs complaining about the economy.

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. LeonardoJF

LeonardoJF Zakum

Jun 16, 2021
    Male
    Rio grande do Sul - BR
    5:16 AM
    ItzLeo
    Paladin
    Favela
    Great job! All changes need to think that can't harder for the new players/casual

5. flow

flow Slimy

Jan 18, 2021
    Male
    Brazil
    5:16 AM
    Lisnar, HolyFlow, Theorist
    Buccaneer
    Funk
    Any mage can do at least 10m+/h, and the game can't be balanced thinking in 1% of the player base who didn't mp washed your mage, its literally free, even doubling mp % potion prices no one is going to feel it, its so cheap right now, dont even make sense, i use like 100 potions per hour, profiting 20m/h
    If we think like that we should remove hp wash, these mage players with 15k mp don't washed their nightlords and can't join any boss now, even for 15k mp mages that mp mana costs are ridiculously cheap

6. SinclairJ

SinclairJ Master Chronos

Dec 8, 2020
    9:16 AM
    Chief Bandit
    I just give head for pots

7. SharpestEdge

SharpestEdge Slime

Jun 10, 2020
    Male
    1:16 AM
    SharpestEdge, Celaeno, Adrastos
    Bishop
    Sleepywood
    Wait Kimmy owns the server??? I thought they were just a really dedicated mapler.

8. Spectree

Spectree Horny Mushroom

Jun 14, 2022
    4:16 PM
    Though I learned NLC potions quite early, I don't like them either, mainly because they just ruin the diversity of potions, which, I think, is part of the fun of the game (Likewise, luckless mage ruins the diversity of equips of mage). What makes it worse is the lose of the sound effect while eating them. So plz, if possible, add some sound effect to them, KimberlyKimberly.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1