1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

High Resurrection bug

Discussion in 'Report Bugs' started by Dyna, Mar 26, 2016.

1. Dyna

Dyna Horny Mushroom

Oct 9, 2015
    Behind you, watching your every move
    3:24 AM
    Dyna
    Bishop
    Demure
    I've been told the GM's have attempted to fix this before but it's still bugged.
    The reason I put this thread on HIGH alert is because theres this wonderful new rewarp policy.OnionF2

For those who haven't read that thread by Kimberly:
    "...we also want to announce that we no longer accept rewarps, at all. "

"The reason of this, like mentioned earlier, is because it can cause issues with the instanced party, since there's someone inside that "does not belong there anymore", so things can go differently than it is suppose to be."

So then what if someone who IS supposed to be in there ISN'T? OnionF6 I mean... things can go differently than it is supposed to be.

*Watch the res icon show the cooldown in the bottom right.
    * I spelled Resurrection wrong in the video. Deal with it.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 12
  2. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    FeelsFuckingBadMan

3. Dulce

Dulce Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Dulce
    Hermit
    Staff
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 12
  4. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    7:24 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    Also just want to point out some wording in the Rewarp Policy thread that is misleading, and in this case should have definitely warranted a rewarp for Dylan when res did not work.

"However, at that time we still allowed people to get rewarped if they got banned by our auto ban system (falsely of course). The most common case back then was Bow Masters getting banned for faraway mob, or other cases.

Later on we not only improved our auto ban system by a lot, but we also changed a lot how instanced events work (especially boss battles, since Zakum and Horntail are pretty much (almost) GMS-like now, while back then they were barely instanced at all)"

First:
    The policy in place right now which says no rewarp in any condition only makes sense IF you have improved the system (bosses like HT) exactly like GMS. If bosses are not GMS-like yet (in GMS you would NEVER have a resurrection glitch), then the no rewarp policy inherently gets voided. Rewarps in our scenario today should be allowed as an exceptional case due to the code not working as expected.

Secondly:
    Even if bosses are instanced now,

"A similar thing is for boss-battles, but not as major. Example, the boss still hits the person, etc. However, lets say the boss timer runs out, everyone except the person that got rewarped will be teleported out"

If the only consideration for not rewarping somebody back into a boss battle is only one minor reason which is the person may not be teleported out at timer expire, does it even make sense to include boss rewarps in the policy to begin with?

In cases like ours.. where the timer is nowhere near being used up and the boss dies as an end result (we have 100% success rate at HT so far), the rewarp consideration for the person after timer expires doesn't even come into play.

I don't know, just my opinions on the logic used in the no rewarp policy vs what actually is happening in game.

• Like Like x 8
  5. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Not sure what posting the policy has anything to do with a bug that we thought was fixed

Anyway, thanks for posting about it that it isn't.

6. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    OnionPerfectOnionGirlLoveOnionAdore

7. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    Manually warping people means that there has to be a GM active. This may not always be the case. In extend, that means that if one of the staff has a character involved with the boss run, it gives you the advantage of always having that needed person active. Which smells like a no-no to me.

Secondly there's the instanced behaviour, which does more than just timers and warp-outs. And for reason number one, I do not believe it would be a good idea to rebind the instance on warp.

Thirdly, there's no way of an automated process here.

That's why we have that lovely policy. I rather have to deal with fixing a bug, than having to deal with "why did they get a re-warp while we didn't".

• Like Like x 6
  8. Number32

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    I understand all of this but it still sucks to be punished for something that isn't your fault.

9. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Which is very understandable, but its as frustrating for us, since we thought the bug was fixed for good. The most annoying thing about this bug is that we haven't found a way yet to replicate it, and it seems to be extremely rare as well. So part of our frustration is that we have to look into it deeply why this could happen.

Sorry for the inconvenience

• Like Like x 2
  10. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Keep the "baww my guild had to deal with so much and your guild suck for crying about it" out of here.

A bug report is just to report a bug, not a discussion whatever one take a game breaking bug (a skill not working like it should is game breaking to me) less serious or not.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    • Like Like x 6
  11. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Locking this thread since people can't read.

12. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Is this still a thing? I know many, many new runs were done and was there any time res bugged?

13. Number32

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    My res hasn't, my Holy Shield has tho, not sure if related. (Not as big of a deal, only 3min cooldown, but still annoying)

14. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

2:24 AM
    My res works fine - have not countered a bug, agree with Number32Number32 on Holy Shield.
    Goes on cool down but only some party members get it (it has even happened that 4/6 party members got Holy Shield but not I + 1 other)

15. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    9:24 PM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
    doesnt seem to happen very often but i also don't go on enough runs to say :)