1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance January 6, 2020

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Kimmy, Jan 6, 2020.

1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    8:35 PM
    Moderator Post
    [​IMG]

Hello Maplers,

We will be performing a Scheduled Maintenance on Monday, January 6. It will last approximately 1 hour. Upon completion, the game will be brought back online and service will be restored. Once restored, you can log in and play!

Time:
    6 PM server time

What will be unavailable:
    • All MapleLegends game servers and channels
    • Merchants will be closed
    • In-game name change requests using @changeign automatically processed
    Changes and Updates:
    • The number of people that can be at snowman will be decreased from 50 to 40, but channels increased from 4 to 6.
      *Snowman itself will lose a bit of HP due to fewer users
    • Snowman will receive an HP bar at all levels
    • Disabled some old artifacts from the Summer Event
    • Fixed a bug that caused the multiclient check at Snowman to appear after entering the Cash Shop inside Extra Frosty
    • Test attempt at fixing the slow logins during restarts (and in general)
    • Sexy staff/internal changes
    • Behind the scene error fixes
    Sincerely,

-MapleLegends Staff & Administration-

• Like Like x 1
  2. wbk940122

wbk940122 Red Snail

Nov 23, 2017
    Female
    2:35 AM
    good
    BTW dear Kimmy can nao resting be tradeable in the future?I want it but not be lucky enough to gacha one =)

3. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    7:35 PM
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    Hi Kimmy,

Does this mean people who still have the Summer Event quests as available (and active, as in, can start them at the NPC) will be fixed?

ps: when you can please reconsider changing Ravana helmet rates, it's nearly impossible to get the good version.

4. Junaki

Junaki Stone Golem

Apr 1, 2015
    Male
    Northern New York
    2:35 PM
    Google, Piks, Arkin, JunakiG, Doss, Nezi
    Hero, Paladin, Dark Knight, I/L Arch Mage, Bishop, Bowmaster, Marksman, Night Lord, Shadower, Buccaneer, Corsair
    Galaxy
    Nao chair. Or at least one of a kind so people don't have like 5 of the same untradeable chair on the same char.. lol

5. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    2:35 PM
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    Untradeable event chairs will become tradeable next patch.

6. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    All done.

7. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    11:35 AM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    Minimum 12 hour notice before a Server Check, please. 4 Hour notifications are genuinely inconsiderate.
    - I spent half an hour resetting stores that never needed to be reset because the SC would have caused them to collapse before the time expired.
    - I checked the Forums for a SC before I left for work, and the post for a SC came up 30 minutes after I left.
    - I put in unpaid overtime at work instead of going home early because I had no notification of the SC.
    Seriously...having more notification time is EXTREMELY APPRECIATED!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    We talked about this before.

9. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Eternals
    You're correct, we have. Your position, no matter how you rationalize it, is both selfish and unprofessional and I will continue to call you out until you change your policy. You should give 24 hours, but I can see 12 (even 8) hours notification to be minimally satisfactory, but 4 hours is ridiculous. You've displayed that you care about the server and care nothing about the people who play on the server. Care about both is both wise and easily achievable.

10. OP
    OP
    Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    When I want restart the server and everything is done I am going make a maintenance for it. This is not going change, no matter how upset you get about it.

11. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    When you restart the server without adequate warning, I am going to call you out on your selfish choice. This is not going to change, no matter how upset you get about it.

12. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    What does the game have to do with your work or unpaid hours?!? LMAO

13. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    If I am made aware of an upcoming SC, then I can take my stores down before I go to work and plan my day at work so that I can come home to set my stores back up as early as possible. It's just a way of planning out my day, and I can't be the only one. In-game friends/guilds may want to plan for different PQ and Bossing runs, but sudden unannounced SCs disrupt such plans and ends in a lot of unnecessary disappointment. GMS always gave 24 hours notice before conducting a SC. I'm not sure if Kimmy's choices in regard to this matter has to do with her lack of impulse control or just a lack of time management - either way, it's unprofessional.

14. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    I think you're deeply too invested in your own world and routine, making you selfish to this issue, and please don't take it personally.

You must look at things with the proper context. This is a private server, run as pleased by admins, of course they are in some way providing a service to the public, the players, but the management is always their say.

I'm sure they would like to please everyone's schedule but that's just not possible. You musn't forget that admins don't work here fulltime. This is a game, a pass-the-time hobby. You shouldn't let it affect your life that much, it's just not healthy.

I understand that even so, it's something we've invested perhaps a lot of time in, nevertheless it's not the end of the world if for 1 day things don't go as planned, nothing ever does in life.

15. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    Management is their say, agreed. It doesn't mean I'm not going to voice my disagreement when they make poor choices - especially when they double down on them. Making an announcement ahead of time or delaying a SC for a few hours to give people enough time isn't a big ask.

16. Caenyss

Caenyss Capt. Latanica

Jan 30, 2018
    Male
    Lisbon
    Caenyss
    Bowmaster
    You already did, several times. If you got a direct response from the admin (something you should consider yourself lucky) replying that's something that will not change then I suggest you move on, no good comes from bickering .

How would you know? If your time's valuable and your shedule is tight so is the admin's.

17. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    Eternals
    I'll take your suggestion under advisement. As far as their schedules are concerned - if I can find time to handle my affairs and still give people due notice, so can they.