1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Scheduled Maintenance June 17th, 2016

Discussion in 'Maintenances' started by Poofcakes, Jun 17, 2016.

1. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

Poofcakes Pizzatarian Retired Staff

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    7:16 AM
    Yeah, I think the only people who truly understand this decision are people who have been staff themselves.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Latte

Latte Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Mar 29, 2015
    USA
    1:16 AM
    Latte
    Bishop
    Horizon
    You want this server to succeed yet this was your first comment,

Instead of civil conversation you immediately came into the thread with salt and sarcasm. You want this server to strive and want to actually convey that? Then you should probably rework your strategy in attempting to do so.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    • Like Like x 10
  3. Heartiess

Heartiess Guest

6:16 AM
    Guys who gives a fuck its just a defame god damn.

ClownClown , Latte has a point...

• Like Like x 4
  4. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    Yes you are right, that was wrong of me to do. I can admit it when I am wrong, and if I hurt someone with that I would sinserely want to apologize for that. We all make mistakes and we all deserve the chance to learn from this.
    If we all were able to admit we made a wrong choice we would reach the best server possible... Just my opinion.

Yes Latte is right, reading things I completely disagree with always makes me react overly trying to make a joke out of it because I feel like it is a joke. I sadly have done this in the past, and I cant promise it won't happen anymore in the future.
    Your 1st point though I disagree with. As you can see in this thread aswell as in the shoutbox it is related to so much more. Time after time I personally feel like the majority is ignored and eventually the bucket will overflow, meaning something will happen. I don't know what this something is but I personally don't believe this something is what the server needs...

• Like Like x 1
  5. Ghost.

Ghost. Nightshadow

Sep 12, 2015
    Male
    USA
    Ghost/Reclaimer
    Night Lord
    Project
    FailFish

• Like Like x 1
  6. Gi

Gi Windraider

Dec 29, 2014
    Male
    There's no global agreement on what the best possible server is. It's (entirely) different for each person.

I didn't expect so much fuzz about a simple number, a feature that to my experience has only caused unneeded drama. I've already agreed to alter it in a way you have your own choice, that's the most I'm willing to do.

This was supposed to be a small change that's coded quickly - and wouldn't take time from focussing on other more pressing issues. But I guess not.

• Like Like x 5
  7. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    For some reason every discussion I enter I end up feeling like the bad guy eventhough I really want to do the good thing. I will repeat myself one last time because I feel like I might actually be turning into the badguy but:
    Once again appologies to everyone who felt offended by anything I said in this thread or any other. I feel like a dieing fighter, which is caused by something, the server I love and cherish is dissapearing. A dieing fighter can make weird decision which he or she might regret when he ends up surviving in the end.

• Like Like x 2
  8. snowing

snowing Horny Mushroom

Aug 23, 2015
    Shadower
    Disorder
    I think a lot of unrelated things are boiling over and coming out because of this. Defame was never a problem I personally have faced in game, but it seems like this update has sufficiently made it one.

• Like Like x 3
  9. Rawfodog

Rawfodog Chronos

Mar 18, 2015
    Norway
    Rawfodog / ItzMjauzzz / Foxy / Foxsky / TheBaker / ReaI
    I/L Wizard
    Project
    it's the internet, feedback is salt and complaints

• Like Like x 4
  10. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    Patcher:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B7GxfbN1I-ZZMUZFY2dxamNneGM

Patcher instructions (do NOT use .wz edits):
    1) Double click the jar after downloading it (you NEED Java)
    2) Confirm your MapleLegends folder (click yes if use default directory)
    3) Let it patch

If patcher doesn't work:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7GxfbN1I-ZZY3hZenA2ZExXRzA/

Instructions:
    1) Download the .wz files
    2) Drag them to your MapleLegends folder (make sure you're not running the client!)
    3) Replace when asked

• Like Like x 1
  11. Senpai.

Senpai. Snail

Jun 17, 2016
    Male
    10:16 PM
    Camper
    no more summoning bags? aw.
    to me, i prefer keeping maplestory the way it was back then.
    i don't understand why we need to adjust it for people who are upset with certain things, especially when maple story was the same way back then.
    the only thing i'd change in the gameplay would be the losing exp after death, that shit is the only thing that makes me depressed after a hard work of training. :c

• Like Like x 3
  12. OP
    OP
    Poofcakes

May 8, 2015
    Female
    The Netherlands
    They were made unavailable half a year ago. :drool:

• Like Like x 1
  13. JamesWest

JamesWest Orange Mushroom

May 7, 2016
    Male
    Canada
    Hajime
    Hero
    Demure
    Fuck my god damn phone. Deleted everything i typed.

Basically stop whing about people whining about being famed or defamed. Maple was never about the defame or fame system. Maple is around because of the socializing and leveling(quests or questing) personally i dont like leeching i nevet have. Yes it levels you up and gets you ahead abit. But it isnt earned. Earn you level. Play the game like it was meant to be played

• Like Like x 2
  14. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Server will be back online on 10:20 PM.

A patcher (.jar) has been added to OP. Use Java to patch your files. Note this only works if you use unedited files and the most recent files until this patch. If it doesn't work out, use the other download.

• Like Like x 4
  15. Reno

Reno Blue Snail

Jun 8, 2016
    Male
    Reno
    Thief
    I don't see why you would divide the community be removing non-essential stuff like summoning bags and fames. It's just unnecessary and all it does is create unrest among the player-base.

(It doesn't really solve the real problem, malevolent players, it just removes some of their teeth. And on the other hand it does remove ways for honest players to control player reputation of misbehaving players.)

• Like Like x 2
  16. bbokko

bbokko Selkie Jr.

Oct 18, 2015
    Male
    Pedo Barrel
    11:16 PM
    Beginner
    DemBabuCents
    There's nothing nostalgic about not being able to defame someone. Contradictiooooooon.

• Like Like x 1
  17. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    Despite some people seemingly to be intelligent, I am always quite disappointed in the fact that when I find out when they are not. This is a private server, and the inner workings behind the server (code wise) and administration have reasons for certain things, and are not here to bow to your every whim. This is often how real life works as well, especially in the work force. I can quite understand if certain people are teenagers, and just being edgy for the sake of trying to feel important, but it honestly just comes off as plain rude and annoying.

(De)Fame was never removed, it was altered in a way to be tailored to the player. If people learned to read, they would understand that. Does this affect you as a player if you prefer to still be able to receive fame and defame? No, because you can simply still enable that option with a command. Do you feel upset because you can no longer mass defame people that hurt your huge online ego that have the option disabled? Too bad, learn to suck it up and be the better person (AKA learn to ignore certain things).

Everybody matters and is important. Just because you don't like something, doesn't mean other people will dislike it as well. Respect goes both way, kids.

• Like Like x 3
  18. Clown

Clown Zakum

Jun 27, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Unknown
    Night Lord
    ✪Circus✪
    As stated before I will not go into discussion anymore, but I do want to try and learn you personally something.
    This is how you start your post:
    In the Netherlands, where I live, we get classes on school about debating, which is basically what we are trying to do here. By starting your post the way you did are playing it on a person/group, by saying you are stupid I am smart. The first thing we learned in class is that all "smart" people will immediately see what you are doing, and that is making up for weak arguments. Because I am not going into the post itself I dont judge whether your arguments are good or bad, but no matter what they are, people who know how to discuss things will precieve them as bad/irrelevant. If we did that during the grading debate at school we would not get a sufficient grade.

Aka Sorry for making such a long post, but try to remember this. If you are indeed such a smart person, try to communicate your thoughts in a smart way aswell. Also please note that this is not an attack towards you but actually an attempt to learn you something, just like people tried to learn me something a couple posts above.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Fame is a pretty cool feature in maple if it actually worked the way it should: you can tell how "nice" a person is by the amount of fame they have and fame is given when you do something nice or when people look up to you (whether it's personality, level or achievements related or anything else).

The fame system didn't function properly with people paying for fames (helping out newbies is great but paying millions for mass fames is something else). Some people like to get alot of fame and are willing to pay for it which is fine.

Anyways what I'm trying to say is fame is such a meaningless stat that this update (famewise) doesn't affect much other than reduce pointless drama because people are so sensitive they can't handle a defame.

VithVith It's not about yourself not being able to be famed/defamed or about being able to mass defame someone else. It's about being able to defame someone that deserves one. Either because they ksed you or anything else that makes them deserve one.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Vith

Vith Dark Stone Golem

May 6, 2016
    Vith
    White Knight
    This is the internet, not college. I get what you're saying, but I had enough about people on this server being too whiny and acting like certain things matter; defending certain specific people over the really ridiculous cliquey nature because of huge internet egos. We should be more friendly to people, especially ones that have recently joined. Instead, you get a posse brigading you if you happen to disagree with certain several people on this server. It's happened to me, and I've been witness to it by several other people. This is Maple, we're here to relax and have fun; this shouldn't even be an issue, but it is.

My post had nothing to do with you specifically, by the way.

Fame was always an arbitrary number. It can never be regulated or gauged; it is easy enough to mass purchase fame or defame. The only way how I personally found fame useful was for a personal reason. I always use it to gauge my progress on quests and trading actual fame; random people will not know about this, so they won't care. I view myself as a nice enough person, but if somebody gets offended by a disagreement and I happen to hurt internet pride (especially if I was in a map first and refused to CC because they feel entitled to be there [I have no problem with sharing and partying by the way]), why should I suffer by mass defame brigades and have my hard work ruined because they aren't willing to agree with me, and throw a childish hissy fit (especially considering the obvious cliquey nature of the server)?

I believe the staff made a correct decision.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 2