1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Shivering's Ulu1/Cornian Meso Journal

Discussion in 'MapleLegends Journeys' started by Shivering, Apr 3, 2021.

1. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    11:01 PM
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Just spent 50m repotting this morning so I am ready to degen away 30 hours of my life this weekend without having to repot.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Entry #13

So yesterday was the first day since the start of the journal we were unable to farm any hours. I mismanaged my time and procrastinated on some homework which I ended up having to do yesterday and I was a bit busier with work than I expected. No worries though we back today with a big entry!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Notes:
    • 198m in 5 hours so we will round up to 40m/hr.
    • Sellable equips at ulu1 included 7/3 warrior OA, 2x 103 att spartas, 51/7 craven, and 50/7 craven
    • Sellable equips at cornians included 2x 78 att concerto (-1 from perf); we got 4 concerto drops in 5 hours and prior to this we had gotten 2 drops in 16 hours. RNG is a beast haha
    • I actually had 2 people message me in my last hour at Cornians asking to buy dagger svc so shoutout to Radiologist and Junga.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:01 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    My dude, you are breaking the game. I foresee mage ult nerfs coming in the future as a consequence.
    (NO JOKE SlimeShocked)

4. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    The key to overcoming mage nerfs is to make more mages. You are already well on your way :)

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    This isn't even his final form. Wait till he does another set of 4x mage ulu1 with his feet.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. Skuire

Skuire Nightshadow

Aug 16, 2017
    12:01 AM
    Skucci
    Shadower
    Nerf on the scale of squashing one button ult is what I had in mind. sweatmush Possibly a fat cooldown/charge on ults in exchange for buffing every other aspect of mages' skillsets. I have a feeling it's going to happen if this type of gameplay becomes the mainstream (which it likely will).

7. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Damn that's actually a pretty good idea. Skui for balance team when?

On an unrelated note:

I chose to just ignore most of the comments in this thread that said ulu1 is an okay map and shouldn't be nerfed, but it's quite funny the amount of ulu1 abusers or friends of ulu1 abusers have commented on this thread saying "if you put in the work for 4 mages you should be rewarded for it."

A lot of people keep messaging me in game asking why I make journals to get things nerfed? I don't really agree with the balance team philosophy of it's ok for things to be broken as long as not too many people are abusing it; it's not fair that some people are prevented from executing strategies simply because they don't have the knowledge or know the right people to talk to about these kinds of things. That's why I make these journals; I definitely believe that if you put in the work you should be rewarded for it; I want people to be able to read this and say hey I can do that too and then put in the work and go do it and that's my main goal behind both this journal and the dual ch 5-6F journal.

With that said, this map is giga-busted and the gain compared to effort involved is absolutely insane. People keep using this dumb argument to justify how undeniably broken ulu1 meso farming is and that is: "If you put in the time to make 4 mages, then you deserve to be rewarded." You don't. Leveling 4 mages to 130 is a joke. You can level 4 chars at once paying a low-lvl leecher 5m/hr and then just mist train all the mages at the same time which is very quick; I've done it multiple times so I am well aware of the effort required. On top of that, you need almost 0 investment in int gear to execute the strategy if you make F/P mages. Just compare this to the time investment (mages leveled to 160+) and meso investment (hundreds of millions of mesos in gear across 2 mages) that was required to sell 5-6F leech for similar meso gains AND on top of that the skill requirement was so much higher.

You can look at the ulu1 map to see how the map itself is designed to make this strategy so easy to execute. There are 2 safe spots for your mages so you only have to manage 2 mages which you don't really have to manage that much if you cast on spawn. Mobs in a map respawn every 10 seconds and it takes 50 seconds to perform a full sweep of the map meaning in every 2 minute period you spend 50 seconds sweeping and 1:10 of that period just casting ulti on 4 mages every 10 seconds which means you cast ulti across mage and afk for 9 seconds and then repeat.

An F/P mage needs ~840 TMA in order to 1 hit the mobs on ulu1. A level 130 mage with a 160 TMA elemental wand (160 TMA costs like sub 5m omegalul) will have 827 TMA. That means you can 1 hit by casting meditate or using an NLC pot/coke pill with no other gear. How is that balanced? It's not.

At the end of the day, even if this map gets nerfed if you put in the work to make the extra mages there will be other maps you can execute the strategy on (unless they gut mage ulties like Skui said lul); they will just be more difficult. Anyways, long essay text done sorry for the rant. I know no one asked for this essay text but I felt like it should be said regardless.

Entry #14 on the way soon. Let's get it :)

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 2
    • Great Work x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    • Useful x 1
  8. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    1:01 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    Just to add onto the comment above about time investment compared to the reward.
    I put in an extra 200 hours to power level both my mages to 200 so I could pseudo 2-hit the gold monks. When I was 3-hitting silver monks on the mages, it physically hurt my hands to do more than 2-3 hours of leech at a time. Both mages also needed 1535/1565 tma to 2 hit silver monks- I had roughly 6b in int gear just so I could comfortably sell leech.
    And then they removed the extra bugged mobs [which was more than fair], and then went ahead and moved around mobs which completely invalidated the literal hundreds of hours I put in to comfortably sell leech.
    I've also power-leveled 3 mages to 130+, and I'd also have to agree with Shiv. You can literally afk buy leech from 10-80, then poison to 120 in a day. Then spend 1 more day to go from 120-130.

So honestly, if you're on the fence about making a couple more mages to abuse ulu1, you have one more month before Anniv event patch drops when they'll inevitably nerf ulu1. I would say 100% go for it and take advantage of it while you can. Of all the meso methods I've tested, and all the leech I've sold, I can say for certain that 4-mage ulu1 is by far the least amount of effort I've had to put in for the meso/reward ratio.
    I've tested other maps and I can guarantee you can net similar/if not more mesos than you currently can at ulu1.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Totally agree, that's why I make my posts publicizing other possible non-meta maps like Mu lung and ToT. I think it's more fun when a community comes together and shares info to figure out what's broken (especially during events). And I don't mind when nerfs happen, because it keeps the game fresh. I'm glad the staff constantly buffs/nerfs certain strategies/maps.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Poverty Mage Thread when?

11. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    2102 Top Floor of Roppongi Mall
    2:01 PM
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    upload_2021-4-18_5-45-58.png ?_?

12. OP
    OP
    Shivering

Shivering Wolfspider

Mar 9, 2018
    Shivering
    I/L Arch Mage
    Call off the nerfs boys; Chris has saved ulu1 by SSing a random discord post.

• Funny Funny x 8
  13. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    I'm just sharing information like you my friend :D It's ironic how one would say ulu 1 is a waste of time and suddenly decides that it needs a giga nerf. :confused:

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. sandpickle

sandpickle Mushmom

Dec 1, 2020
    Male
    1:01 AM
    firepickle
    Magician
    Cucumber
    What do you mean suddenly though?
    He had an initial assumption, tested ulu1 for a while and realized he was wrong, then gathered a lot of data about ulu1 and said it needed a nerf?

15. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    yeah I also thought the strat was overblown, and thats why you need these journals. Groupthink isnt always right.

16. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    From the timeframe of testing ulu1 and gathering data, you could have been at 5-6F selling leech and making more than ulu1. Even though 5-6F is nerfed, there are still players selling 5-6F leech making more mesos than ulu 1. Selling leech guarantees fixed mesos/hr where as ulu 1 would require luck to even obtain a 7/51 red craven.

Is making 4 mages difficult? No, not really if you are dedicated. To keep things civilized and on topic, I would like to point out that farming/leeching on multiple mages does require practice. However, is this really the best way to make mesos? I would argue, no it really isn't if you know what you're doing in the game. Farming in my opinion plays a small role in meso making due to the number of pots consumed per hour and I would say only a small part of the community would be dedicated to farming whereas many players would prefer to sell leech and gain a fixture on mesos. :)

• Funny Funny x 4
  17. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Selling leech is not a guaranteed fixed meso/hr, especially if you take into consideration the opportunity cost of time spent looking for buyers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Chrisss

Chrisss Horny Mushroom

Oct 21, 2020
    Male
    ChrisBS
    Bishop
    Rogue
    I agree that the cost of time spent looking for buyers will be consuming. My statement on "guaranteed fixed meso/hr" refers to IF and only if you are able to find a buyer. Of course, using a smega one time will not always assure you a buyer immediately which leads to inefficient time consumption. However let's theorize and say for instance you do get a buyer for split leech at skeles for 5.5m/hr, this will guarantee 11m/hr depending on how long your buyer is willing to be leeched for.

19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    If you actually did any sort of testing regarding farming, you'd know that raw meso generation also guarantees a fixed meso/hr on averages.
    Mobs drop mesos more consistently than buyers do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    idk man...you're kinda talking to 2 of the people who sold the most 5-6F leech on this server...

• Funny Funny x 3