1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

So Again I beg, Please make blacklist MUTE PEOPLE!

Discussion in 'Not Possible to Add' started by gazamidori, Nov 12, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gazamidori

gazamidori Red Snail

Aug 1, 2019
    Male
    6:18 PM
    itzmelexo
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I've Pined for this before, and surprisingly was spurned for my outlook. I am posting again, because no one likes Spamming, NO one wants FM to be full of spam. In response to the argument that its still a market, I will say while technically correct, the addition of the market warp has completely changed the use of FM; no longer is it a place people only seek out when doing business, rather now it is more commonly used by players as a place to relax, and hangout with other characters in game. Spamming takes away from the relaxed atmosphere and distresses many players. It is even worse when certain players will spam, and be so absorbed in spamming that they don't even respond to legitimate inquiries to there product. This has to be made unacceptable to keep any semblance of order and peace, and to continue to affirm the intended use of the Free Market in Maple Legends. long gone are the days where 40 different people are all spamming their products in fm, and frankly, I think everyone who remembers what that was actually like will say good riddance. Nothing is more frustrating then spam for spams sake. Additionally, I don't think banning people will do anything but create more hate and anger towards people that spam, and people who are legitimately trying to sell products and don't know better. to keep relationships stable, adding a mute function when blacklisting, or separately should be implemented, to keep the order and peace, without causing needless anger and hate towards mods that either cant/won't/don't stop spam, and hate towards mods that ban spammers.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    11:18 PM
    Moderator Post
    Go to any channel that isn't 1. Blacklist is client sided and cannot be modified.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. OP
    OP
    gazamidori

gazamidori Red Snail

Aug 1, 2019
    Male
    itzmelexo
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    I guess I don't understand how it doesn't work here but does exactly that in GMS? I'm not all that knowledgeable but I always figured if it can be done in GMS, it can be done here?

4. Precel

Precel Zakum Retired Staff

Nov 13, 2018
    Male
    Precel
    Priest
    Spirit
    No, not everything on GMS can be done, pre- or post- big bang. Especially on client side.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    gazamidori

gazamidori Red Snail

Aug 1, 2019
    Male
    itzmelexo
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    Bummer, I'll stop posting about this then if that's the case.

6. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    3:18 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    Blacklisting does work, but I don't think it works the way you remember it (or, perhaps, GMS modified it later on). As I understand Blacklisting to work, it will block Guild, Alliance, and Whisper chats from anyone on your blacklist. I believe it will even block Party & Buddy chats, but why you wouldn't just endure them until your party is over or remove them from your Buddy list is weird. I think this could even be true for Spouse Chat, which means something far more terrible is happening. The only chat it will not block is the To All chat. I think it would be nice to include it, but...

7. OP
    OP
    gazamidori

gazamidori Red Snail

Aug 1, 2019
    Male
    itzmelexo
    Bishop
    WeenieHutJrs
    yea they changed it in gms, cuz there always the selling mesos sites and selling account sites
    you can just black list the people and then you dont see the chat anymore

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Annolis

Annolis Skelegon

Jul 20, 2015
    Male
    Southern California
    3:18 PM
    Marchilles/Annolis/ Atlan/Katroz/ Chokal/Corvack/Tisif/ Quallo/Crisilixin/Forg/ Nannosh/Tylius
    Crusader, White Knight, Dragon Knight, F/P Mage, I/L Mage, Priest, Ranger, Sniper, Hermit, Chief Bandit, Marauder, Outlaw
    Hood/Agape
    I used to open bags of monsters on those guys. They'd die, left unattended, and spawn somewhere on the map far enough out of the way that they're spamming couldn't be heard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. xAneurysm

xAneurysm Blue Snail

Apr 29, 2023
    Male
    xGiovanna
    Thief

I know this is a really old post lol I just wanted to say the spamming I see (in 2023), even on channel 1, are just players trying to sell their drops lol…they may or may not want to buy a store (due to saving nx for washing or w.e reason) and decide to just stand out and “spam” whatever they have for sale…If I remember correctly, the fact that players do that in fm brings a nostalgic feel! And this is a nostalgic server so It doesn’t bother ME at all. Also players always went to Fm to “relax” as well…or just show off their Nx covered character lol, I love it. I mean, maple legends and it’s community brings me back to 2007 when I first started…I guess I come from a “different time” of maple but I don’t think anything is wrong, just my opinion though. As far as being annoyed to the point you’re not answering legitimate sales is also a personal thing that i’m sure you’ll over come, or have at this point haha. Take care everyone

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.