1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop profit incentives for camping area bosses

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by br0kenstratz, May 18, 2021.

1. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    8:07 AM
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    That is a very good question, and I am not sure.
    In my head I always thought about it as quest with a lvl requirement.
    But if there is an issue with that or a better way...then the better idea should be implemented.

2. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    2:07 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    i believed the implementation discor is going for is exactly like how Rav/Pap is implemented. Have a quest guy to provide you summoning etc that refreshes every 24 hours, then kill the boss with limited 1-2 entries a day

This may sound good initially but it will decrease the values of certain items. For example, the Yellow Snow Shoe from Anego which can be regarded as one of the best shoes for pretty much any classes, and the value of Stonetooth itself, which can be considered as a sword much superior to Claymore.

Hence, despite having almost no chances to participate in such high level bosses (i've only killed black crow twice), in my opinion it will be better to pass off the loot to maintain the current health of item values.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    Is it possible to remove just the OP items from the boss drops, or maybe lower the drop rate?
    from my understanding most of the other bosses do not drop anything of such value.

And if my memory do not deceive me you can get those items from gacha which is available to all the players in every lvl range ( since gatcha tickets drop even from snails), so I do not believe it will decrease the value significantly.

Also just to make my view clear, I am supportive of all ideas that will enable to circumvent the timers, I do not like the timer mechanic and see no positive aspects for it.

There are a lot of bosses that I have not and will not be able to experience because I do not have the time to camp them for hours upon hours, and I believe that I am not alone. Just the other day I discovered a boss "Kimera" which I did not know existed, despite the fact that I finished all of the quest I never got to see that boss. from that I understood that there is a huge chunk of the game that is gated from me and people like me who can play an hour or 2 at most.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    There are scrolls too, which makes it a difficult issue imo. Lowering the drop rates of high valued items may work out, but if this idea will be implemented, there will be ALOT more people going for these bosses, as it is pretty much opened up for public. Won't be surprised to see if some people starts to go for Black Crow 4 or 6 times daily on different characters.

At this point it will probably be off-topic from your initial topic. and may be better to bring it over to the thread I've linked.

5. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    11:07 PM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I feel like this is going a little overboard for the area bosses with spawn rates <4hours. Thats a ton of implementation work for the devs. They already have a boss rush dojo event, maybe repurpose that.

6. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Honestly, I'd rather just see something like a 50% timer variance (opposed to the current 10%) so that people don't have a justified incentive to just camp using while using timers. IMO, area bosses should be nice little bonuses that you come across while you're exploring/passing through the area. They shouldn't be a guaranteed spawn so easily capitalized on.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    2:07 AM
    I/L Wizard
    I agree with the idea but as I mentioned before this would upset dedicated players even if it benefits newbies.

8. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I think this suggestion would probably be welcomed by 'dedicated players' tbh. There's a difference between making camping more difficult vs removing camping altogether.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    I am not sure it will make any difference, since one of the major issues is that some one leaves a mule on several channels indefinitely and hogs the map for ever.
    It is a BIG issue especially on maps with just the boss and without mobs.
    And from my understanding the bosses which have a timer of 5 hours and more have a deviation of 25%, I might be wrong on this though.

About easy capitalization the suggestion was to make them a pap/ravana/latanica/zak like experience, which is you will need to do some work (maybe gather a lot of ETC, or a special drop item) and it will be a ones a day thing.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/inde...ons-anego-samurai-bf.38290/page-3#post-269484

In the thread above the idea is to add special boss dungeons, which will give just exp without the drops(for quests completing and exp), on top of the timer based spawns.

Why would you want to leave the camping aspect ? what good can it do ?? I saw several people say that we should keep the timers and the camping, but no one has ever gave a good reason for it.

10. Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    It's pretty obvious, removing camping would upset dedicated players because they can't farm scrolls/equipment. I think it's annoying when people resort to underhanded methods like leaving mules on maps with no mobs and literally steal them from others since they keep mapowner for 5 mins even when dead but camping in general, even the casuals will do it for items.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    but they can wait for hours in a map crossing fingers and hoping that today they are luky and the boss will spawn in the short time they have to camp it out ?

12. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    It makes a ton of difference. A lot of people will put a bunch of mules at each map, but they still need to attack every 5 minutes to keep mapowner. Some people will just park mules and hope it keeps people away. But i've been to tons of maps where the boss is spawned, and the camper is afk (and this is at heavily contested bosses like levi/dodo). Currently the 10% variance makes it easy for the campers, as they only need to come back to check their computers once every 4 hours while they are working. If you increase the variance to 50%, then all the timers will be scrambled, and they will be forced to pay attention the entire time. (Also i'm pretty sure the timer is 10% for all bosses).

As for the maps without mapowner (jr balrog, kimera, pianus), you can still yoink the boss if the dude is just AFK, and the boss is spawned. You get mapowner the second you damage it now. There's not even a safe spot in pianus, so it's hard to afk on 8 accounts, indefinitely.

As for the camping aspect. I agree no one *wants* to camp for a boss. Implementing a separate boss room / summon via etc mechanic is a ton of work and doesn't make sense for most area bosses besides anego, samu, crow, and pianus. Also, these are the only maps that people really actively camp with mules. You might see camping behavior sporadically at area bosses, but that's because someone actually *needs* that boss for quest/cards/chair, just like you. The current system is fine for the majority of area bosses. I pass by a lot of them for fun quite often, and you'd be surprised how many are just sitting there (on weekdays specifically).

• Agree Agree x 4
  13. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    7:07 AM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    Agreed except from what I understand you're not allowed to attack on the mapowner-less maps when someone else was there first, right?

14. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    I'm actually not sure if a person AFK in one of those maps has "infinite mapowner" if they record their screen. Calling in resident lawyer, NiseNise, for clarification.

When this situation has arisen in the past for me, I just make sure they are truly afk. I will ask them if they are there, and if they don't respond in like a minute, I'll take mapowner.

15. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    For right pianus only, far left side is a safespot. I used it to wait out cancels before.

16. Doguu

Doguu Pink Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
    I/L Wizard
    I usually never "pass by" a boss, not sure if it's the hours but it'd pretty bad.

If nobody knows all the intricacies of mapowner, this is probably an issue.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male
    I/L Arch Mage
    NANI
    we can just forgo the timer and randomize the bosses period. it will spawn lets say 3 times a day on each server ( for spirit of rock for example) and it will happens whenever time after it was killed.

this is a solid point , I have to agree, although I rather collect a shit ton of etc to summon a boss instead of camping even 3 hours. And it will be a more "fair" system, this way every player get's a chance at a boss no matter what 2 times a day.

can't we copy paste from latanica or the goblin king quests? just asighn different mobs to kill and different etc to kollect.

• Like Like x 2
  18. ma3ohma3

ma3ohma3 Chronos

Mar 5, 2021
    just remove the valuable drops. done. no more oa ints from faust :D

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Discor

Discor Slimy

Nov 29, 2017
    Male