1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Stop profit incentives for camping area bosses

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by br0kenstratz, May 18, 2021.

1. br0kenstratz

br0kenstratz Blue Snail

Apr 16, 2021
    8:14 PM
    Currently I am around level 50 and cant do any area boss quests because these are camped by high level people with timers for drops/cards.

This takes away from the enjoyment of the game where you have to wait LONG (2 Hours or more) in which time you could have earned much more xp just grinding.

My suggestion would either be an approximate timer command that tells you stuff like "its close to spawning" "wont spawn for long" etc. or just flat out remove drops/cards after you are 2x boss level..

• Disagree Disagree x 9
    • Like Like x 3
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    While I understand the frustration, I don't agree with either of your suggestions. Being able to check for time updates like that will just make maps more contested because it's easier to find a boss spawn time. Removing drops/cards is also a no as a lot of people don't (or can't) card hunt until they're higher level.

I like a previous suggestion that was made which would be to make them summonable or instanced with no drops if they're for a quest.

But, I am also really used to having to wait for a boss to spawn for long hours. I didn't have a huge issue finding the bosses. I just checked back later, or left a mule on the map. I know some bosses are harder than others.

But generally above 50 grinding is better exp anyways.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    2:14 AM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Removing access to area boss cards at any level cap will never work. Finding an area boss (aside from Kimera) is perfectly doable. Just wait it out, be patient and check in occasionally or just find a map and hold it until it spawns.

Low level area bosses are nowhere near as much of a problem as people make them out to be.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Chris

Chris Zakum Retired Staff

Jan 18, 2016
    Maple Island
    Christopher
    Islander
    Southperry
    So because you can't complete your quest in under two hours lets just punish everyone else?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    br0kenstratz

br0kenstratz Blue Snail

Apr 16, 2021
    The thing I dont like the most is the fact that the current system plays to the advantage of the camper, Ie he knows as soon as he kills it will take 2 hours plus minus 10% so they will set a timer for that, so this information is only available to them and then they will go back there 12 minutes before it spawns and wait to continue the cycle.. So I as a quest player may have to wait from 1 ~2 hours +-10% but the abuser at the most could wait just 24 minutes. So how can you say that one is fair knowledge for the abuser and one isnt for the regular player ?
    Theres already a way to buy boss cards from a guy which I think most reasonable people would much rather than waiting camping them for CHANCE to get them. It is completely unnecessary to have them to complete the ring when theres other regular mobs.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. RegalStar

RegalStar Nightshadow

Sep 23, 2019
    Male
    DMsRebirth
    Just camp them yourself

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Its not abuse to know timers because you bothered to wait for them to spawn and kept track of the time.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    I like how you call them camper then in the next sentence call them abuser.

Imo the 10% is too small, increasing it to 20-25% and doing something about afk mapowner abuse would solve this. imo

• Agree Agree x 4
  9. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    3:14 AM
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    I agree with op, area bosses have way too many incentives, and it's definitely a problem.
    "Leaving a mule there" or "coming back to it later" often doesn't do the trick, sometimes you really have to be on it to find one. Many of them take 3 hours to respawn.
    Solution might not be so clear but stop giving the op such a hard time for pointing out the problem.
    Perhaps the price could be lowered for buying the cards from that Night Market NPC? That would probably only help a bit but it's better than nothing.
    (Chairs are also a big reason people camp these bosses)

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Jaewonnie

Jaewonnie Capt. Latanica

Apr 21, 2020
    Crimsonwood Mountain: Cavern of Pain
    PAWGChamp
    Buccaneer
    The sweatiest will survive.

11. FxckBanshee

FxckBanshee Slime

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Netherlands
    Bxnshee
    Spearman
    Community
    I understand the OPs frustration, as I myself am yet to defeat any of the world bosses because they are usually already defeated on every channel and/or have someone camping the map. I've even had instances where I stumbled upon an empty map that had a world boss that wasn't defeated yet just for some channel-hopping mage to enter the map and one-hit the boss stealing it from me.

A lot of people make the argument of "Just camp it yourself xD it's only 2 hours", but not everyone has the free time to spend 2 hours waiting in a map for a world-boss to respawn. Some people have jobs and/or actual lives and would rather spend their free time actually playing the game instead of sitting afk for 2 hours.

The best solution would probably be this:
    - snip -

EDIT: I was misinformed on how the map ownership system works.

12. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    5:14 PM
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    After camping every single boss for cards/chairs on multiple chars, I can tell you that your experience on each boss can really depend on 1-2 other campers. Most people finish a card set in < 1 day of camping. If you just happen to coincide on the same day, then it'll seem extremely difficult. But if you check at off-peak hours (early morning / late night in the USA), more often than not, you'll find the entire wave just sitting there. If you find it's congested, then come back in a couple days. Also if you're just doing the quest, just ask the dude camping there for a poke when it spawns. I've had campers tell me their entire list of timers when they log off cus people are nice like that.

The only bosses that you won't find like this is the 11-12 hours respawn ones, eliza and kimera (cus of literally 1 dude). Even heavily camped maps like dodo has 1-2 whenever I check.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    So many I keep forgetting
    As if I'm going to spend 10m per card if I can just farm then and risk mildly inconveniencing a new player.

• Great Work Great Work x 5
  14. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    8:14 AM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    • Agree Agree x 5
  15. Esmo

Esmo Pac Pinky

Nov 8, 2019
    Male
    Esmo
    Beginner
    UpperLeveL
    why there’s 5bishops in anego map for like 24/7

nerf the dragon skill thx

16. Slime

Slime Pixel Artist Retired Staff

Apr 8, 2015
    Male
    Israel
    Slime / OmokTeacher
    Beginner
    Flow
    You already lose mapowner if you don't kill anything for like 5 minutes. It's just not enough to prevent people from doing something else and coming back every 5 minutes to kill a monster

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  17. Pepper

Pepper Wolfspider

Sep 3, 2020
    Female
    Peppermint
    Bowmaster
    Map ownership requires you to kill something every 5 minutes to retain ownership. The only time this is different is if the only mobs that spawn in the map are the boss, in which case it is whomever was in the map first.

18. FxckBanshee

FxckBanshee Slime

Apr 22, 2021
    Male
    Netherlands
    Bxnshee
    Spearman
    Community
    Foreal? I've had someone be completely AFK for 30+ minutes and still retain map-ownership of said map.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
  19. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    Well we know that’s a lie. Either you were not present as well for even 5 minutes at a time to observe the camper was actually afk, or you’re grossly exaggerating your stories to try make a point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. BentPaw

BentPaw Master Chronos

Sep 11, 2020
    Male
    angeloooo
    Night Lord
    Funk