1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

Area bosses limited entry mini dungeons (Anego/Samurai/BF/

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Toon, Feb 25, 2021.

1. Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    8:40 AM
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    While killing those area bosses is really nostalgic, many players choose not to kill them because of channel campers, limited channels and time loss looking for timers. Therefore, mini dungeons at anego, bf, hh, samurai, pianus left and right and crow could be created with a limited entry and without equip drop like YSS (anego) and ST (crow). However, only anego, bf and samurai mini dungeons would already help a lot. Twice a day entry for each could be a good call. Those maps gonna start to be more visited and more people gonna experience killing bosses. Exp gain from local bosses won’t be limited to camping with many mules/waiting for server restarts. Game gonna be more bosser friendly and less leech reliant. This gonna be another activity to gather friends to do together.

EDIT:
    i know you can already kill many expedition like bosses for exp: Toad, 2x nib, 2x verga, 2x nameless, 2x krexel, 2x HT, 2x jiao and 1x BGA. Although, most of those bosses are really high level and 130-160 characters rely on only ZAK, 3 way jiao at a certain point and krexel. Hunting those area bosses is even harder for them because they kill them too slowly and are more likely to loose the tracked timers. In this sense, the dungeons would be another way of grinding at early 4th job.
    After 160, you have many more options but the highest amount of exp is concentrated at HT. For people who don’t like/can’t HT because of the length of 2 runs, there’s not much exp available to grind bosses for exp until 170/175 (BGA/Toad). The high exp + drops make some people HT daily without even leaving the cave because of the elixir loss. I don’t think this is totally bad. Leave the cavemans where they want to be. The problems are: hting means the best way to gain exp bossing if you only have 3-4 hours a day to play, means interacting mostly to your squad and not exploring the maple world. The Area bosses mini dungeons are a way to offer another 50M exp for those who want only to toad/NT/JC.

EDIT 2: like watdatoast calculated, exp won’t be so OP. If it’s only 2x (samurai, anego, crow and bf), you won’t get more than 50m eph.

EDIT 3: this is no free exp as someone suggested because grinding at 5-6 with your ranged would actually give you better exp than killing all those bosses.

EDIT 4: i’ve just remembered something
    Back then in GMS there was no mapowner rule so people could just KS war anegos and rush BFs into ranged. I feel like it was easier for me to kill them there than here.

EDIT 5:
    Kalash: “This would actually make me do anego sometimes. I tried it before, but the toxicity around these area bosses is just nuts... It’s not a way of meeting people, it’s a way of growing hatred”.

EDIT 6 (Jun 2022)
    It`s been a long time i suggested this. Back then, there were more players hunting for those bosses and less economy problems for staff to deal with. In this sense, i wouldn`t support it nowadays as staff time should be invested in ntpt 2 finalization, fixing the economy and removing safe spots for multimages. Maybe this could be discussed again when shadower/hero and dk get a worthy spot in this game again.

• Agree Agree x 29
    • Disagree Disagree x 15
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    Although I like the idea of increasing these bosses availability, I don't think this is the best approach of doing so.
    For me it looks like people may feel compromised to do said bosses daily, which has some game design conflict with other bosses that were made to be like that (JC, Krexel, etc). So it kinda makes it feel less special for me j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶a̶l̶ ̶o̶p̶i̶n̶i̶o̶n̶ .

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  3. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    People gonna continue hunting for them. killing 10 anegos is better than killing 2.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    That's not even my point

• Like Like x 1
  5. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    what is your approach? how to solve boss campers and many people not experiencing this content? Adding channels is not a good ideia and won’t be implemented.
    Making these dungeons would make more people go to those maps and make the game less leech reliant. On the same time, it won’t break leech meta. It’s only going be something else to do with friends to get exp and live nostalgia. The fact that they weren’t designed to be daily bosses doesn’t convince me that the ideia is bad. People gonna continue hunt for the regular bosses, then the area boss nature gonna persist

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. yogurtseller

yogurtseller Mixed Golem

Nov 28, 2017
    4:40 AM
    wholesomeABG
    Shadower
    I like this idea because it allows for more sources of EXP. one thing to look out for is that if you add too many of these, you open the door to selling mini dungeon boss leech, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It gives bossers another meso making option, which is something thats desperately needed right now.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Probably the best way to implement this would be to use the boss rush map from the previous event (no drops, only exp).

So the biggest problem this helps address is that single target classes don't have very good training spots until HT. Usually they are forced to do daily rav/pap x2 and try to catch as many BFs. Your proposed method (2x daily) would be an insane amount of easy exp early (considering most of these bosses, once pinned, is just holding a button for 10 minutes). Having 2x of each could also allow people to "leech" with high level attackers (would still be worse than 5-6 tho).

Maybe if you use the boss rush map, you can have a 1 or 2 boss limit across all choices.

I do really like this idea though. I like having fun challenges in the game, and it's hard to attempt these bosses when you're low level and might die.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Karn

Karn Mixed Golem

Jun 26, 2017
    Male
    Karn, Fayden
    Buccaneer
    Favela
    That's why I didn't said the idea is bad, literally said the opposite. It just need to be tweaked a bit. Still I'm not sure how would be a good approach though.

• Informative Informative x 1
  9. lv1crook

lv1crook Capt. Latanica

Jan 19, 2021
    Male
    Level1Crook
    Corsair
    Flow
    I dunno if I agree with this specific idea, being able to kill two area bosses daily seems kinda op and would mess up the market. but I would like some way for finding some area bosses to be easier. It’s taken me like 3 weeks to get my mushmom set checking channels occasionally all because she can drop one gfa...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Voxtagrams

Voxtagrams Headless Horseman

Jun 13, 2020
    This is still going to get hard camped because currently if someone enters a dungeon its locked one per channel, theres only 8 channels and more than 8 players.

People will just hard camp the dungeon with mules that have enough damage to kill them just to take them away from others, people can also just enter in and just afk inside to grief others from entering.

Bigfoot already has a crap ton of maps let alone for Headless Horseman.

https://bbb.hidden-street.net/monster/bigfoot

https://bbb.hidden-street.net/monster/headless-horseman

• Disagree Disagree x 8
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Soblet

Soblet Zakum

Sep 14, 2015
    1:40 PM
    Soblet
    Bandit
    Pasta
    It's not the gFA, it's the chair.

12. -ovv

-ovv Horntail

Feb 23, 2020
    Male
    -ovv
    Beginner
    Honor
    I like this idea with the caveat that there is some sort of mini-prequest to summon the boss or enter the dungeon once a day. It'll encourage exploring the various regions and even create a mini market for the regional etc. pieces.

Gating access to certain regional bosses that have ridiculous respawn rates is an outdated idea that I think could use some reworking.

• Agree Agree x 11
  13. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    Exp is not going to be that OP as people think. I bet it’s not comparable to a cleaver 50M eph at 7F. Gonna calculate latter.
    I don’t like the idea of party boss quest because it doesn’t make people explore the world as they would with mini dungeons.

dungeons have time limit and entering them just to keep players away would be bannable as this is griefing. The fact that there are that many bf doesn’t change that all then are killed really fast and many players don’t even try to kill them because of the reason mentioned on the main post.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    So, map selling and holding would also be on the same boat?

15. whatdatoast

whatdatoast Windraider

Apr 9, 2020
    whatdatoast
    Bowman
    Actually, you're right. The exp is not great. Even doing 2x crow, anego, BF and samu = 2*2*(1.78+2.66+3.9+3.68) = 48.8m exp. Total hp is 2*(78+75+35+32) = 440m. So to solo them in an hour you would need 7.3m dpm, which is around lvl 160 for most single target classes. And HT is just better than that.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. OP
    OP
    Toon

Toon Capt. Latanica

May 22, 2020
    Male
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Toon
    Marksman
    Pasta
    entering HT and not summoning it is considered griefing and bannable. Also, the risk of people doing idiot things can’t be a reason to invalidate good ideas

• Agree Agree x 8
  17. Voxtagrams

Jun 13, 2020
    Both are true points, but what I meant was both should be bannable things, both are considered grieving in their own ways.

18. Cak33

Cak33 Headless Horseman

Oct 24, 2019
    Male
    7:40 PM
    NotCut3
    Hero
    Active
    imo most people camps for area boss for drops
    if these 'mini-dungeon' bosses have absolutely no drops, or drops that are only worth npcing, it gives an alternative to grind exp.

with that in mind, i feel this is a great idea

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  19. Ainz

Ainz Zakum

May 2, 2015
    Male
    Netherlands
    1:40 PM
    So many I keep forgetting
    Intuitively I really don't like this idea, but having a hard time figuring out why exactly that is. Perhaps it's just saltiness over how we keeping trying to make everything easier instead of accepting that some classes are better at one thing and worse at other things.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 1