1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Dark Knight, Hex of the Beholder change.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Losj, Apr 12, 2016.

1. Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    7:08 AM
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I do not think Dark Knights are currently in a bad spot. They are decent as it is but there is a issue in this version with a skill not functioning as intended.

I am well aware of the current state of Dark Knight. They do fairly good damage with Berserk 30 but that is the only damage increase we have in 4th job. It should be two but one is not working.

Hex of the Beholder is combined with Berserk our only damage source for 4th job skills.
    There is one issue. In the current version of maple attack buffs do not stack (This was changed on a later patch but I am not sure when).

Currently people (including me) add 20 points to Hex of the beholder because points from 21 till 25 will add weapon attack which will cancel out your other buff (Dragon Blood 12 att). When Hex of the Beholder is maxed it should give you 15 weapon attack. Because attack buffs don't stack with each other this skill is considered useless.

What Beholder gives at level 20: beholderbuffs.png

Adding 5 points to this skill is simply not worth it due to the increase of 3 weapon attack (not intended).
    In a later version they changed Beholder to buff theses things separate from each other.
    Please note that Attack buffs "never" stacked with attack pots.

On apples in this video and avoids using beholder due to over writing the buffs from attack pots.

This video shows how Beholder buffs individually. Weapon Def. Magic Def. / Accuracy / Avoidability / Weapon Attack.

I can not say with 100% certainty but the damage this person does seems unbelievable if Dragon Blood did not stack with Hex of the Beholder (27 att total).

We do not have any 4th job skills unlike other classes that usually have higher % damage then the earlier 3th job skills.

I asked MartyMarty to help me out with some math.

beholderbuff 27att.png
    (weapon attack is added in "others (e.g. Ring)")
    If Beholder would work as intended it would bring Dark Knight DPM up to 110k. (this is if you could have 100% up time on Berserk 30 which is not possible)

Now lets look at Heroes with Enrage up.
    Enrage lasts for 4 minutes and has 4 minutes of down time (Correct me if i'm wrong here).
    26 / 2 = 13.
    If used off CD it would look like this:
    beholderbuff hero compared.png
    Heroes would do a total DPM of 111K. Still stronger then Dark Knights + there source of damage has 100% up time compared to Berserk.

You can change the attack value of Hex of the Beholder at level 25 to add 27 attack and add - 20 hp per 4 seconds. Dragon Blood won't be used at this point but merged in with Hex of the Beholder.

To sum things up, this would make a skill that is pointless to max and not working as intended currently to have use.

Please note this is simply a suggestion and again, I am well aware Dark Knights are not in a bad spot currently but it would be nice if this skill could work as intended.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong or you see things different.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2016
    • Like Like x 13
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    2:08 AM
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    We take the risk of being low hp for higher damage, we might as well get rewarded the same or better than heros :/

• Like Like x 2
  3. OP
    OP
    Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I don't think we should be better then Heroes since we hold a supportive roll mainly with Hyper Body but I do believe this is something that should be changed. We will be close to Heroes "if" preforming well.

• Like Like x 3
  4. xquzion

xquzion Capt. Latanica

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    8:08 AM
    Sean
    legends Drk's unite

5. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    1:08 AM
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  6. rewyuio

rewyuio Selkie Jr.

Jul 2, 2015
    Male
    12:08 AM
    Wicked,HolySpirit
    Dark Knight
    High,Project
    Isnt a drk the thing that smacks and stabs things with pretty sticks?

• Like Like x 4
  7. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    11:08 PM
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Would be nice if ALL effects from ALL skills stacked, and it was only item buffs that canceled out other item buffs...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Rage *-* Rage everywhere MapleF11

• Like Like x 2
  9. OP
    OP
    Losj

Losj Capt. Latanica

Apr 28, 2015
    Dark Knight
    Project
    I think I need to add something to it because I probably did not make this clear. If you would look at them on competitive level assuming both would use stoppers the damage difference is exactly the same as it is currently. This change would only improve quality of life for self buffed events. So for example during grinding etc when you do not use attack pots.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Number32

Number32 Skelegon Retired Staff

Jul 3, 2015
    Male
    The Netherlands
    Smores
    Bishop
    Demure
    We'd finally be useful Kreygasm

• Like Like x 3
  11. Taehe

Taehe Mixed Golem

Jan 21, 2016
    Male
    Seoul
    2:08 PM
    Daebak
    Hero
    Nebula
    I agree with this. This should not just be a beholder fix but a fix with all attack buffs. Attack buffs should stack period.

You get a stronger 3rd Job and your a supportive DPS with HB instead of a dedicated DPS. If you had equal footing as a Hero who does not reach full potential until 140+, that would be quite unfair.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Aero

Aero Skelosaurus

Apr 9, 2015
    Male
    6:08 AM
    Aero
    Night Lord
    Horizon
    +1.

You got HB tho, your fine. [​IMG]

13. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  14. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    Doesn't want to add points in because it would be useless.. how i feel about all of the whole fighter class.
    but yeah a change to Hex/Rage should be in order. They did end up changing rage to become a better skill later too.

15. deribou

deribou Skelegon

Nov 17, 2015
    liesdotcom
    Marksman
  16. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    But if you add 5 sp to it, you don't expect a buff to become worse MapleF3

17. Lionheart

Lionheart Horntail

Apr 25, 2015
    Male
    Gotta catch em all...
    Lionheart
    F/P Arch Mage
    Hogwarts
    Maplestory logic. It's about time we made some custom changes so that certain skills aren't utterly useless...

18. atobe

atobe Chronos

Oct 17, 2015
    Male
    Atobe
    Hero
    Demure
    I've added 20 points to rage and it is still worse then 2 pots available to buy. :)

19. Sucre

Sucre Zakum

Apr 21, 2015
    Male
    Argentina
    Sucre
    Dark Knight
    Horny
    But it's different, you simply dont use rage without anything to lose. If we dont use beholder, we miss out on the extra acc, avoid, def and mdef (all greater than bless)

20. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    For Skill buffs cancelling out item buffs I believe its completely handled client sided and cannot be modified. As of the other suggestions in this thread (ex: changing values around) I have nothing to say regarding that right now.