1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Make Halloween Monster Sacks useable in towns and "non-mob" maps ONLY

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zyku, Oct 7, 2017.

Should monster sacks be used only in towns and "non-mob" maps?

1. Yes!

22.2%
  2. No, keep how it is!

77.8%
  1. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    1:00 PM
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    Good shit Lin lmao [​IMG]

Honestly, really happy bags are back, always thought it was a dumb thing to remove.
    I don't think it's worth crying about, just buy a charm.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. r1t2b3

r1t2b3 Pink Teddy

Jun 26, 2017
    7:00 PM
    rtb123
    I/L Arch Mage
    Prime
    I don't afk on mob maps since I am usually the one leeching others. The issues that I have is for it to be summon in actual towns. E.g Kerning bleh bleh bleh. Image you are in the middle of kerning waiting or trying to sort out a party for pq. Some Idiots decided to summon 4-5 bags. literally you are lvl 20+ and there's zombie coolies & wraiths all around. Please enlighten me how are those people able to kill it. The towns are suppose to be safe for a reason. If it's not might as well make it mob map why have towns right, so the only safe spot is fm.

But for those who says that you guys prefer it this way so people dont leech and w/e. It's not the matter of the charm it's the idea of just breaking the game. Imaging some people just training normally (not leeching) have their hs/hb mule (which I have neither of) on the rope or a safe platform and some idiots just summon some nonsense to push them off. This will cause the guy training some issues as well. (For those who say park at fm, this goes back to my first point if this is the case are we only making fm the only safe map in this game)

Honestly I can think of many many ways to kill people with this bags. I even have 70-80+ of them atm. But honestly, this is not what I want to see at least. If any game moderators or admins are reading this. I strongly wish for this bag to be removed. The whole idea behind it is fine but if this causes the only safe map to be in the fm. You should really think about it, or maybe only let the bags be open in certain fix maps. This will at least increase the number of safe maps.

TL;DR FM IS THE ONLY SAFE MAP.

3. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Yes a conclusion can be made. The conclusion that the community love summon bags and want them to stay..
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 8
  4. OP
    OP
    Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    6:00 AM
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    That poll is not for them to be removed, it is for them to be changed...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Yozich

Yozich Wolfspider

Jul 9, 2015
    Male
    Pluto
    Taka/Icetap/Sake
    Hero, I/L Arch Mage, Corsair
    ~Demure~
    [​IMG]
    50 Agrees, 5 disagrees, ChewChew is still correct c:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. OP
    OP
    Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    And that is fine, but don't use statistics from this poll to say whether or not people want them to stay or be removed. That is not what this suggestion thread is for. I am fine with the monster sacks being in the game. I am just suggesting they be changed.

8. Isuzu

Isuzu Timer

Mar 22, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    12:00 PM
    lsuzu/Isuzu
    Magician, Thief
    OppaiHeaven
    Yea I am lazy, what can do

9. Isuzu

Isuzu Timer

Mar 22, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    12:00 PM
    lsuzu/Isuzu
    Magician, Thief
    OppaiHeaven
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/sci...people-we-think-are-similar-to-ourselves.html

I recently read this article and it explains why some people think ONLY for themselves. It's your thought, I am not judging. I haven't been killed by those bags yet but it's just my thought that people get killed by it might not be happy. This is exactly what Chinese say "把自己的快乐建设在别人的痛苦上" (build your own happiness on others' sadness)
    Sorry but I am a trash talker

• Like Like x 1
  10. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Drop that hippy dippy guilt trip shit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Midnight

Midnight Skelegon

Jan 2, 2015
    7:00 AM
    Midnight/TheMorrigan
    Dragon Knight, Assassin
    WeenieHutJrs
    They're being massively distributed by an event. A lot of recipients of these event sacks don't even want them at all...
    So why would this, which occurs in 1/12 months give you better insight than the flow of the regular quest sacks, which you work for during the other 11 months of the year?

I personally have no issue with the sacks. I like them. But this seems kinda weird to me. Throughout the last 2 1/2 years, they've been taken away for reasons that this event is designed to bring light, and now this will be used as decision making for the sacks' future?

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  12. AzamatBagato

AzamatBagato Timer

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    AzamatBagato
    Thief
    Demure
    I think sacks in general are highly appreciated. They were a big part of the old maplestory and it's a part of the nostalgic feeling. Decrease them because some people are angry for dying is just weak. I understand it can cause frustration but it's a part of the maple experience. Have a nice day ^^

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 4
  13. OP
    OP
    Zyku

Zyku Stone Golem

Jan 21, 2017
    Male
    Zyku, Vulpix, Expert
    I/L Arch Mage
    Agape
    This suggestion thread is not asking for them to be removed. Please don't be confused

14. AzamatBagato

AzamatBagato Timer

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    AzamatBagato
    Thief
    Demure
    sorry, the word Remove is now replaced with decrease*

15. Hyoon

Hyoon Zakum Retired Staff

Dec 1, 2015
    7:00 AM
    The overall discussion is to make them town only.
    Not to remove or decrease them.

• Like Like x 1
  16. AzamatBagato

AzamatBagato Timer

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    AzamatBagato
    Thief
    Demure
    I see. Well, in my mind (making summoning sacks ''town only'') is a way of decreasing the ability of the sack itself ~

17. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    upload_2017-10-11_14-22-57.png

• Great Work Great Work x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. AzamatBagato

AzamatBagato Timer

Jul 19, 2017
    Male
    Sweden
    AzamatBagato
    Thief
    Demure
    Legalize it.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  19. IcedWeather

IcedWeather Red Snail

Mar 21, 2017
    Male
    IceFame
    Hunter
    That protest was hilarious haha, shame that my screenshot function wasn't working in spite that I was also there. It was a good hour sit-in in CH1 FM.

Honestly, as valid as your points can be to limit/ban the functionality of summoning sacks, I don't see any reasoning as to why we should continue to oppress the use of summoning sacks in the community. Summoning sacks have existed since GMS and were embraced by most of the community since it was nostalgic in the past. Those who greatly oppose the notion are people who concern themselves over XP losses and AFK leeching and want to see a total eradication of summoning sacks in the game, which I find unfair since they don't take into account of those who do wish to see the return of summoning sacks in the server. True, not everyone will share the same sentiment with the responsible use of the summoning sack, but I am absolutely confident in the community and the administration that those who use it for malicious intent and harassment will be reported, and that it is indeed possible that we can set a positive trend over the responsible use of the sack. Events like the "summoning sack contest" should not be condoned as it will definitely set a bad impression imo since it encourages a "kill-for-meso" culture, which will definitely get people infuriated and report "harassment" every single time. If we truly do wish to set a healthy precedent for this, stop banning and restricting summoning sacks from the game like a reactionary and try to get to a compromise of things. There needs to be a healthy and acceptable equilibrium that is widely agreed upon by the community and staff alike with regards to the use of summoning sacks in the server.

• Like Like x 1
  20. cakesogood

cakesogood Windraider

Oct 2, 2017
    Male
    Japan
    Demun, kokushibo
    Hero
    Honor
    • Like Like x 1