1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Suggestion] Make Halloween Monster Sacks useable in towns and "non-mob" maps ONLY

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Zyku, Oct 7, 2017.

Should monster sacks be used only in towns and "non-mob" maps?

1. Yes!

22.2%
  2. No, keep how it is!

77.8%
  1. Isuzu

Isuzu Timer

Mar 22, 2016
    Male
    Australia
    11:40 AM
    lsuzu/Isuzu
    Magician, Thief
    OppaiHeaven
    I got to agree with this, not everyone is so free to keep watching the game. Sometimes we need to go toilet or whatever for 1 min and shit can happen anytime. True it is fun to see people die but think about what if people do that to you, a trick is NOT funny if BOTH parties doesn't enjoy it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    12:40 PM
    Beginner
    Your so lazy you can't even press the freemarket button when you gotta take a shit? God damn

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Zeretius

Zeretius Windraider

Apr 5, 2015
    Male
    Ontario, Canada
    6:40 AM
    Zeretius
    Bowmaster
    Project
    Mind as well delete them cuz you're going to get banned for using them anyways. Tfw contest gets closed... cant even have fun while we have summoning bags even though fm is a trade market button click away...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  4. fartsy

fartsy Zakum

Jun 29, 2017
    Male
    5:40 AM
    Fartsy
    F/P Wizard
    Pasta
  5. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    i dont really understand why she close it.

the event had a clear rule each ign only counts once and the first one that kills it gets it.
    so basical after you died once and your ign got released there isnt a worry about that event anymore.
    higher level get more points which in turn lowers the presure of new chars which cant even defent themself.
    only does troll killers that always appeare remain which have nothing to do with the contest.

sooooo i dont really see it as harasment when it only happens once. at specially since fm button is always a thing
    1 little click and your safe or use a pet with auto potions those can safe you aswell.

6. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    You know, there is plenty of ways to harass people besides using summon bags, if you really wanted to.
    Actually, I bet if I walked up to someone and insulted them ingame it would probably work alot better, than just killing them.
    By your logic we would actually need to ban chatting in the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:40 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    It is a form of harassment and any form should not be tolerated.

8. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    That is exactly my point.

Chatting can be used for harassing.
    Summon bags can be used for harassing.
    Then how can you ban one without the other.
    Do you see my point?

Ultimately, if someone wanted to harass someone there is a million ways to do it besides using summon bags. That means your effectively doing absolutely nothing to fix the issue your trying to fix.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    If someone were to make a topic that is 'Insult someone using the chat function and get points' same would happen to that topic. The point is not that <chatting> and <summon bags> can be used to harass, its that the topic was focused on doing just that, and this was never allowed/permitted on the forums (same for Blacklists that promotes grouping specific people out that appear on the list).

• Like Like x 1
  10. RaIph

RaIph Slime

Aug 23, 2017
    Male
    Netherlands
    RaIph
    I dont think banning the event will stop people from killing eachother. Banning it is just a giant party pooper action in my opinion

11. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    Again, not the point. I even said in the topic 'do with the sacks what you want'. I just don't promote people being encouraged to kill other for rewards, that's all there is to it.

• Like Like x 1
  12. oochinchin

oochinchin Timer

Jul 2, 2017
    Antartica
    11:40 PM
    ooChinChin
    Hero
    DeathSoul
    You guys should jump into PUBG, its way more fun killing people there...

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    Okay.
    So we should not expect to have a big "I told you so" showed in our face when the event is over and you chose to ban summon bags again?

14. Prophet

Prophet Master Chronos

Feb 1, 2017
    Male
    5:40 AM
    Quasar
    Outlaw
    I agree with the OP that summoning sacks will pretty much only be used to troll people by killing them while afk (and why not? it IS fun). But because of this, there can't be a comparison here; chatting is positive on the whole, while sacks are used for mischief exclusively.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chew

Chew Headless Horseman

May 8, 2015
    Male
    Beginner
    It really depends on how you look at it. I look at leeching as the worst thing to hit maplestory since the HP washing, because it's more effective than training, which in my opinion it shouldn't be.
    For this reason, I think summon bags are magnificent, since they can be used as a tool for normal players to help keep afk leeching to a minimum.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    seems like this discussion is another impass
    each sides have their view points and wont barge from it

17. Hiyo

Hiyo Headless Horseman Retired Staff

Sep 21, 2016
    Kuwait
    1:40 PM
    Hiyo
    Camper
    Sorry to say this but thats v62 for you. A tool used to only create malicious intentions should not be justified by as anti-leech tool. What about the low levels in kpq area getting killed and lpq area too? Are they leeching too? No, and I think returning sacks is bad, thanks to this trial return of sacks I think a conclusions can be made.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Lin

Lin Headless Horseman

Feb 27, 2017
    Male
    Singapore
    6:40 PM
    Linny,BangHero,Carbide
    Paladin
    Bonk
    I was brutally killed yesterday by a fellow guild member. I will never be able to face my mom again after that. How could i let myself die like that? I don't even feel like leveling anymore. I hate myself, i cry myself to sleep last night because of it. How could my guild member do this to me, all i did was call his friend a tsundere unironically. I think i'll stop playing afking now. And if i do i'll probably do it in the free market. No one should suffer the fate of being killed by a stirge or a malady.

lmao

• Like Like x 3
    • Great Work Great Work x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. iLovKimberly

iLovKimberly Headless Horseman

Feb 23, 2017
    Male
    Malaysia
    6:40 PM
    Tsukishima/ItamiYouji
    Islander, Bishop
    Halcyon
    but tsundere is a compliment

20. Kargo

Kargo Skelegon

Mar 5, 2015
    Male
    Holland
    Kargo
    Shadower
    Flow
    Enabling the sacks in monster maps will promote playing the game the hard way! (Not leeching)
    Don't take this too seriously, thx