1. Hello!

First of all, welcome to MapleLegends! You are currently viewing the forums as a guest, so you can only view the first post of every topic. We highly recommend registering so you can be part of our community.

By registering to our forums you can introduce yourself and make your first friends, talk in the shoutbox, contribute, and much more!

This process only takes a few minutes and you can always decide to lurk even after!

- MapleLegends Administration-
  2. Experiencing disconnecting after inserting your login info? Make sure you are on the latest MapleLegends version. The current latest version is found by clicking here.
    Dismiss Notice

The 1x Rate Challenge

Discussion in 'Rejected' started by Zombotrox, Jun 22, 2017.

Would you want 1x rate characters to be a thing?

1. Yes

30 vote(s)
    30.6%
  2. No

52 vote(s)
    53.1%
  3. Whether it's implemented or not, it does not bother me

14 vote(s)
    14.3%
  4. FOR PEOPLE THAT CAN'T READ, THIS WILL NOT AFFECT THE CURRENT SERVER RATES. THIS IS SEPARATE.

2 vote(s)
    2.0%
  1. Kimmy

Kimmy Administrator Staff Member Administrator Game Moderator

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    7:26 AM
    Moderator Post
    I have no interest in creating special commands just so up to 10 people can play 1x.

Sorry.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    7:26 PM
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Glad you've responded. Seeing how this suggestion has gotten negative feedback, I do not blame you. However, there is a suggestion I have made that people do support.

https://forum.maplelegends.com/index.php?threads/suggestion-kill-counter.12128/

Can we get a response of your interest?

3. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    That suggestion basically need make us start log every single mob you kill. And trust me on this and the amount of people we have, but this is massive heavy on our log files, and so is not something we can do at this point.

4. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    How about making custom quests that give no rewards that count the amount of mobs killed (mobs that are popular for farming and or suggested mobs)?

Helmet INT 60s are popular to farm so there could be a quest specific to Drakes where you'd have to kill an unreal number of them (around 99,999 or just whatever you guys decide).

This would work just as well as having a kill counter but shouldn't take up too much resources. The NPC could be in the Free Market or there could be a command to talk to the NPC.

Surely this should work...

5. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    No.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Any actual explanation from a professional standpoint? It is a reasonable suggestion and is, once again, majorly supported by the community.

7. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    You need think for other and not only yourself.

Adding quests would make them appear in the available tab which bothers thousands of users. Making them in a custom NPC is horrible ugly for an authentic server's standpoint.

I'm sorry but your solutions to the things you really want added are not really good.

8. Kimmy

Sep 9, 2014
    The Netherlands
    Moderator Post
    For now I am going close this since the initial suggestion (1x EXP) is just not going to happen :( Sorry but you'll have to hope for an other server to come deliver 1x or die once you reach 98% to 50% which is kinda the same thing

9. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    I'm not thinking of only myself. I'm thinking for others that support the idea and those that will continue to come as it is supported by 95% of the current voters on the current thread, 29/31 currently support this idea and I have given a possible good suggestion that in fact, will work. Having an additional tab at the bottom that you can simply minimize won't affect the players as no one really scrolls all the way down and it's just one additional tab. Many people don't even open the quest logs to begin with and those that do, I'm sure, will not be bothered, but that's something that I can ask on a separate thread that I will make to get multiple sources of feedback rather than only from you yourself. You are the one who would give the okay but if I can get more members of the community to support it, then you'll only be letting others down if you don't and that's not very good. Until I'm disagreed with by stampedes of people (much like this thread), I will continue to fight for this to happen and I beg of you to let the community speak and not turn it down so swiftly. It would not hurt to add something that many people support. It will only help the server.

Further discussion of this will be on a different thread. Please do not respond to this as I do not see anything else to further discuss about this topic on this thread.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
  10. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    1:26 AM
    I started to tune out after the later posts that were talking about other stuff but I will commend the topic creators effort to keep the suggestion alive. I think its the right kind of idea but the delivery got a little rough. Remember that a lot of people will often only look at certain parts or the title of threads. So it can be extra important to explain info like "it would not effect everyone" early in the message to help prevent readers from getting the wrong ideas.

(I also thought it was really funny how you wrote a message for people who cant read, sorry but it made me laugh. Dont worry though because it is normal for suggestions to not always be agreed with)

Besides that, the admin of the site has spoken and it appears this boat is sunk for the time being. However if you wait a while and ask her very nicely and if enough players change votes on their own then there might be a small chance that she could consider moving this into the "maybe" pile. (no promises, of course)

Keep in mind that for super hardcore players, x1 rates may sound good but for most others, x1 can sound like something out of a horror flick. I don't think it is an awful idea, just one that needs to be approached with an abundance of sensitivity.

Last edited: Jun 24, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Siggy

Siggy Slimy

Jun 12, 2017
    Male
    California
    10:26 PM
    100% opposed to any custom quest NPC in free market. The suggestion sounds ok as maybe an event of some kind, but as a permanent quest that maybe only a handful of players would do, it's not very feasible.

12. FireMushroom

FireMushroom Horny Mushroom

Nov 28, 2016
    1:26 AM
    Yeah, I like parts of the idea but inserting custom Free market NPC's should probably be kept to a minimum if possible.

13. Cora

Cora Selkie Jr.

Apr 3, 2017
    Female
    Germany
    Nier/EviHs
    i think i read somewhere that a few changes are just not possible, since the coding wouldnt allow such a big change.
    also understand that a kill counter has quite a big impact on server stability and lagg issus,
    it need to save the current number with every change from every user and every mutli client chars (never forget this)
    if you make a scroll avaible by killing x mobs imagin how many archmages/bischop would team up and mulitclient together...

the amount of scrolls which flood the fm would be countless even with 99k kill counts.

14. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Idea was changed to the NPC being contacted through a command. Not the Free Market.

15. OP
    OP
    Zombotrox

Zombotrox Brown Teddy

Aug 31, 2015
    Male
    Hawaii
    Zombotrox/Zombage
    Just one of those "learn from your mistakes" kind of thing. Glad you found it funny though as it was not my intention. TriHard 7